A fragrant matured cake with the natural tobacco taste of sweet matured Virginias. This leaf is touched with a subtle taste of vanilla to make an aromatic of unusually high quality.

BrandGeorgetown Tobacco
2.0
Markopolo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Markopolo (2)
Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Well Boys & Girls, I posted this tobacco for your critique for two reasons.....

First, this is my first try at this site, and I'm not quite sure I know what the expected "protocal" is. I certainly DON'T want to offend anyone !

Second, I'm what you would call a "novice" pipe-smoker. Smoked (on & off) for about 30 years. In my younger days, it was a "typical" drugstore pipe, and a pouch of Half & Half, or Sir Walter.

Now, I've amassed a fairly nice collection of beautiful briars & meerschaums (and of course, the "requesite" number of clays & cobs).

Now on to this "Southern Cross". I really wanted to post my thoughts on it tonight, but (because of my ineptness, or maybe just lack of attention to detail, my small allotment is too moist to be properly smoked tonight.

Funny thing, it was too DRY a few weeks ago, when I sprinkled that teaspoon of distilled water on it, and sealed it up to "rejuvinate".

Long story short, I DID try it tonight.....moist, juicy, and after several pipe-cleaners down the shank, I cut my losses !

I can't help but feel this is going to be a good smoke, if I can just discipline myself to "more properly" smoke a pipe !