A return to classic American blends. Friendly, smooth, nicely dried right from the pouch and lights easily.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Strength
Taste
SiChange Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SiChange (14)

Peter Stokkebye seems to do very well with "classics" and this is no exception. Burleys from a number of different sources, mostly rather dark ribbon cut, some rough cut, and a seasoning of dark fire-cured Kentucky. Provides expected nutty and smokey burley tastes and lacks any bitterness or rough edges. A local tobacconist still has a lot of this blend because, he says, no one ever bought it. Nowadays, relatively few --- I would call them connoisseurs --- smoke uncased straight tobaccos. Among the rows of jars with vanilla, rum, raisin, and cherry aromas, this uncased blend went for years without any requests, at least at this tobacconist. Very much worth trying if you come across it.

Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

Tried it when I first started out-I'm still rather new at this and I'm referring to a little less than two years ago. Good-for a burley. Hardly a Kentucky cured, though maybe it is Kentucky tobacco. All I remember is it was mild, no bite, and pleasant-but even then I was preferring the Virginias. I really thought mine was ribbon, not broken flake. Can't remember where I got it-Cup o' Joes probably. Maybe they sent me the wrong thing.

Mild to Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If this was still being produced, I'd be loading it in my pipe daily. An all-time favorite Burley blend of mine that, due to its cut (broken chunks), burned slowly. It reminds me of HOW's Model with a backbone. I've never had a Burley experience quite like this one. Semi-sweet, a little strength and no bite whatsoever.

I vacuum sealed a 2 pound pouch of this back in 1996... I opened it a month ago and smoked the last bowl earlier this evening. Glad this isn't TV or you'd see my tears.