Balanced and smooth, this is an English Mixture with subtle and sweet aromatic properties - a ribbon Cavendish comprised of Lemon Virginias, AAA Burleys and the best Latakia available. Genuine St. James Parish Perique and fine Turkish grades insure great taste and satisfaction to the most discriminating smoker.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia, Perique, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish
Packagingpouch, bulk
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Extremely Mild
Taste
2.7
Piper@TheGatesOfDawn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piper@TheGatesOfDawn (8)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

While this is a very tasty blend with plenty of latakia flavor, it bites like a pit bull. I've smoked plenty of Altadis aromatics and none of them bite like this. The culprit, I suspect, is the Virginias. If you are very careful with this, it can be a rewarding, although by no means every day smoke.

pandabearzx2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pandabearzx2 (18)

In my experiance, altadis blends seem to follow a certain criteria: they are overly moist, and they burn hot. Case and point, they give me tounge bite.

Finally, I found a tobacco where this is NOT the case. Although it still burns a little on the warm side, it isn't nearly as bad as other altadis blends.

Tastes good, and most people around me say they can barely smell it, even when I'm indoors smoking. Mild room note, but the flavor isn't! I reccomend this to other smokers looking for a good all day english.

Another sample provided to my pipe club by Altadis awhile back; I finally smoked a couple of bowls recently. Hey, I'm glad I did because this tobacco was loaded with all kinds of stuff (Burley,Cavendish, Virginia, latakia, Perique & Turkish). There was even some hint of added flavoring that, although unidentifiable, added to the overall effect.

It packed well, stayed lit well, offered some decent mellowness and didn't kill any family members when I lit up in the living room. They did leave quickly though.