A superb blend of selected AA White Highland Burley, processed into Cavendish Tobacco by adding Kentucky Bourbon. Pressed plug cut for slow burning. This is a very light aromatic, true smoke?extremely low in tars?just be careful not to smoke too much when you get a fine blend such as this.

Notes: A delightfully simple treat of Cavendish kissed with bourbon. Ingredients: Straight Cavendish

BrandUhle's
Blended ByJack Uhle
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
CutCube
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium to Full

JLong Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JLong (35)
Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

The local B&M carries the entire Uhles line so I've had the luxury of trying several blends. First off, out of the pouch, this blend packs well, lights well, and stays lit nicely. Otherwise, it has been one tough blend to figure out. It is a cool smoking, smooth tobacco. But it is bland tasting for me with a tad of sourness. Not unpleasant but I've done a few dumps. However, the after taste will kick in and it is heavenly tastey, enticing me to another bowl. Par shooter, another Uhles highland burely base, is absolutely delicious and I have made it my go to burley blend. I give White cavendish two stars because I think one needs a taste for it.

samwell711r Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
samwell711r (6)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I discovered Uhle's quite by accident while surfing the web. What was (and is) of interest to me is that they purchase their tobaccos raw, and actually blend and top them right there, on site, rather than simply re packaging or re-labeling someone else's tobacco. I sent off for a sampler pack of their offerings and found them all to be pretty good, but I especially liked this White Cavendish.

I would say firstly the casing is done expertly with a fine hand. As they note in their brochure. "Casings are added to tobaccos for mildness and richness of taste and all around better pipe smoking. Casings never cheapen tobacco-they are expensive and put into the tobacco with loving care".

The pouch smell brought me very clearly back to a time I was in a tobacco drying barn. A wonderful mild earthy aroma and just the way good tobacco ought to smell.

The rich full flavor of the burley is evident from the first, and the bourbon or whiskey casing adds just enough sweetness to round out the delightful nutty taste we're all looking for.

There seems to be no goopiness. It burns competely into a whitish gray ash. Tastes good after re lights (rarely needed) There are no preservatives in this tobacco, no tars, and no tongue burn even after two or more bowls in a single sitting. In very short order this has become my go to blend. If you like burley, you'll like Uhle's White Cavendish.