Borkum Riff Admiral's Flake Cherry is a pressed tobacco made from the choicest raw tobaccos, a premium quality refined mix of dark Kentucky and burley tobacco. The harmonious balance with the cherry flavour results in a tobacco with exquisite flavour and aroma. When you fill your pipe with Borkum Riff Admiral's Flake Cherry you know you can expect a rich and satisfying smoking experience.

BrandBorkum Riff
Strength
Taste

2.2
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Borkum Riff - Admirals Flake Cherry.

I bought this and smoked a tin and half whilst in Almeria Spain visiting the set of the Spaghetti Westerns. I love Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef was a pipe smoking god!

The flakes themselves are quite dark, and the tins I bought back were all nicely hydrated. The aroma from the tin is sublime!

This one lit with superb ease, and I thought it was delicious. In the smoke I found the cherry not to be too false, or sugary. It seemed a lot truer than some blends which resemble cheap sweets. I didn't get much of a fire-cured Kentucky flavour, there's more nutty-sweet Burley. After smoking a number of bowls in Spain I didn't find the ghost 'too' bad. Ghost? Yes. Immense? No. The burn was of a medium temperature, and it rarely bit me.

Nicotine: medium. Room-note: lovely.

I'm unsure as to whether or not this is still in production, but it should be as it was a good cherry smoke. Highly recommended:

Four stars.

Pipe Used: Various

Age When Smoked: new and one month

Purchased From: Almeria Spain

Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

i got a tin of this blend on a recent business trip to germany...it is not available in the uk. the tobacco is a flake not broken flake as per the review notes. on opening the tin there is a strong, not surprisingly,aroma of cherry. very nice in my opinion. the flake was on the dry side from the tin but not overly so. on lighting up the taste was initially very sweet however as the smoke progressed the taste of the tobacco came through pushing cherry flavour to the background no toungebite if taken slowly......i like this tobacco...it is a very good danish style aromatic.....3 stars.....pity is is so hard to get though!!!

Pipepundit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipepundit (168)

I have a feeling that in most navies - save perhaps the Swiss or the Tibetan Navy - anyone smoking this in the ward room would be made to walk the plank, admiral or not.

This is the best cherry flake tobacco I have tried to date, the flake is top quality with cool slow burning, the cherry casing is not too sweet or overwhelming, it is creamy with a slight bitterness undertone, very enjoyable cherry aromatic with high quality tobacco, Borkum Riff are (..Only?) Good in flake tobacco. If you like cherry blend try this one.

Still I have to try the Vanilla one from the same blender.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I love Borkum Riffs Admirals Vanilla Flake, which I have rated with 4 Stars. Eventually I bought The Cherry Falke of the same brand, which has a too strong casing and peeled my tongue off....

So I rather stick with my Vanilla Flake, which I smoke almost every day.....

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (128)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Dreadful; dreadful; dreadful. In some film or another that I saw once, a woman says to a man: “I wouldn't marry you if the world were covered in p*ss and you had the only tree-house.” Well: I wouldn't smoke this rubbish if …