Small mellow discs of spun tobacco each a complete blend.

Notes: Discontinued Blend. Last production was in Denmark.

BrandDobie's
ContentsVirginia, Perique
CutCurly Cut
Strength
Taste

straightgrain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
straightgrain (6)

This review is from a sample given to me from a tin produced in England rather than Denmark. This mixture is a Virginia/Perique blend similar to Three Nuns. My sample looked relatively dry compared to Three Nuns but that may have been due to the age of the tobacco and/or the length of time the tin had been open, rather than the production process. Like Three Nuns, the tobacco is cut into discs (hence Curlies), ~1/2 inch in diameter. The tobacco is probably cased because although it looked dry, it felt somewhat sticky and can become wet if smoked too fast. The first half of the bowl the sweetness of the Virginias and the tartness of the Perique blend together well producing a tasty smoke. The bottom half of the bowl brings out the tartness of the Perique more but not so much as to overwhelm the flavor of the Virginia. As stated earlier, it can run wet if smoked too fast, so it should be smoked slowly. The aroma had the spicy sweetness found in a good Virginia mixture along with a malty undertone.

O'Confrère Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
O'Confrère (31)

I mourn the passing of this great tobacco, and have yet to find anything comparable on the market today. If you have an opportunity to try this, take it! Highly recommended!

Claudius Stradivarius Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Claudius Stradivarius (171)

What a shame that Four Square has been discontinuated!

This was an excellent offering...Rich, tamgy and tasty!

Guyrox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Guyrox (131)

A high quality, spun disks of VA and Oriental bakkies. I suspect there could have been some Périque, but maybe it was just the fact that this was my first try with more natural bakkies. I certainly flipped when I saw the roll cakes, I thought it was really cool. The smell, if my memory doesn't fail me, was of pure tobacco, slightly spicy -thus, the suspicion of Périque, but no! I understand today that it must be the oriental. While I think of it, the new Davidoff Flake Medallions reminds me, without the Black CA though, of Four Square Original...

So, I enjoyed breaking the cakes, filling in the pipe and smoking it. But I remember it was then on the strong side. Normal, my first venture into natural bakkies.

If Four Square is still around, you want to give this one a try.