A fantastic Virginia base tobacco with very Sweet Turkish added. A mild Casing is applied. A true crossover mixture. Full of flavor without Latakia.

BrandRich's
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
None Detected, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Nonpareil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nonpareil (13)

For years this was my every day smoke. Steve Books even blended some with Deer tongue for me to create a dessert version. An excellent blend with a cedary spice quality, reminiscent of fine cigars, though I don't believe there is any cigar leaf in it. Unique, in my experience, this does not fit the usual categories, but is well worth a try.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This has to be a variation of that wonderful blend "Kings Oriental" available at Iwan Ries! This is very similar to that sans the orange and clove flavorings. One might say it is McClelland's "Oriental Cavendish" with a twist. An extremely unusual tobacco that is quite aromatic but not in a sweet way.Aside from the 2 blends mentioned it reminded me also of Wilke's "Gotham Court" w/o the bite. For a really good explanation of this blend read the reviews of the above mentioned tobaccos and you'll get an idea. Cool, sweet, spicy,and rich! I loved it!

masterblender Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
masterblender (2)

To whom it may concern, This is master blender Steve Books, Sweet Oriental blend is NOT one of my tobacco blends. Thank you for the comments, it is a nice tobacco but, there again it is not mine. I really think you should come in and try Grandpa's. Another blend to try is Craven's Wing, also Lord Craven's Havana Blend (a cigar blend for pipes). Using havana that is fourty years old also, Spanish cigar leaf that's eleven years old and three virginia that are eleven years old each and six year old perique. This my fine friends is a highly desirable mixture that you would enjoy sitting down in your favorite chair. I have other havana mixtures.

I have 1,978 mixtures to my credit, I try to blend tobaccos for my taste and yours.

Master Blender, Steven Books