A fantastic Virginia base tobacco with very Sweet Turkish added. A mild Casing is applied. A true crossover mixture. Full of flavor without Latakia.

BrandRich's
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (58)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

With all the Reviews on Pipeworks and Wilke's Gotham Court (SO is very similar to GC only IMHO better!) - I am surprised that this one only got 3 Reviews. Even Master Blender Stephen Books felt it necessary to distance himself from it.

Whatever.

This is a Great Unusual Blend of fine tobaccos with a clove like casing. The end result is tasty melange of flavors that tastes like tobacco with a little extra something.

A very clean and spicy blend that is just an anytime kind of smoke - albeit I think the hotter months would suit this the best. Perfect for when it's warm outside and you don't want to get clobbered with a heavy English or VaPer.

If your taste buds are feeling a little jaundiced these days - this blend would be the one to try. Highly Recommended.

Pipe Used: Wenhall Sabatini

Purchased From: Rich's

Similar Blends: Pipeworks and Wilke Gotham Court.

masterblender Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
masterblender (2)

To whom it may concern, This is master blender Steve Books, Sweet Oriental blend is NOT one of my tobacco blends. Thank you for the comments, it is a nice tobacco but, there again it is not mine. I really think you should come in and try Grandpa's. Another blend to try is Craven's Wing, also Lord Craven's Havana Blend (a cigar blend for pipes). Using havana that is fourty years old also, Spanish cigar leaf that's eleven years old and three virginia that are eleven years old each and six year old perique. This my fine friends is a highly desirable mixture that you would enjoy sitting down in your favorite chair. I have other havana mixtures.

I have 1,978 mixtures to my credit, I try to blend tobaccos for my taste and yours.

Master Blender, Steven Books

Nonpareil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nonpareil (13)

For years this was my every day smoke. Steve Books even blended some with Deer tongue for me to create a dessert version. An excellent blend with a cedary spice quality, reminiscent of fine cigars, though I don't believe there is any cigar leaf in it. Unique, in my experience, this does not fit the usual categories, but is well worth a try.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This has to be a variation of that wonderful blend "Kings Oriental" available at Iwan Ries! This is very similar to that sans the orange and clove flavorings. One might say it is McClelland's "Oriental Cavendish" with a twist. An extremely unusual tobacco that is quite aromatic but not in a sweet way.Aside from the 2 blends mentioned it reminded me also of Wilke's "Gotham Court" w/o the bite. For a really good explanation of this blend read the reviews of the above mentioned tobaccos and you'll get an idea. Cool, sweet, spicy,and rich! I loved it!