A new pipe tobacco from A&C Peterson designed with Mark Twain in mind. Made with selected choice tobaccos, this blend has a striking, rich aroma. A wonderful Danish style aromatic, with great taste and no bite.

BrandA & C Petersen
Manufactured BySt-Group Assens
Strength
Taste
Fire and Oil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fire and Oil (2)

Surprisingly balanced bulk blend.

I took a trip out to California and needed some toby (and matches damn you, TSA) while I was there. Took a chance on a fine smelling aromatic and was pleasantly surprised at how daggum danish this blend turned out to be.

I smoked it outside in the presence of non-smokers and all agreed that it smelled quite nice. Tasted nice too. Nothing exceptional but it would make a solid go-to aromatic.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin Supermate 1025

Purchased From: Olde Towne Smoke Shoppe - Temecula, CA

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (152)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

In Theory,is a Danish Mixture: Sweet Virginia with Sweet Cavendish Tobaccos.

During smoking, in the Pipe, it evolves a creamy smoke with a very good rom note, but is basic this...

In my re-avaluation, it may be good for begginers,or for people that enjoy low Nicotine ammount.

Greybeard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greybeard (2)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I must admit that trying this blend was a complete change of direction for me.As a long time Virginia smoker,I sampled this one with some trepidation.

To my thinking smoking an aromatic was like going back to the begining of my Pipe apprenticeship.I need not have worried,my experience proved most enjoyable.

I could not source this blend in tins and ended up with a small bulk purchase,with hindsight I should have bought more!

On opening and rubbing the mixture, the smell of the blend was marvellous and quite moist.It required very light tamping when loaded and stayed in,even after the first light.I had a good long smoke down to a very fine ash. Like most Aro's it was light on the nicotine.The casing was neither overwhelming or sickly.I always find that the best way to test room note if you are alone is to leave the room you have been smoking in for a few minutes and then return. Well in this case it proved a real winner ,very pleasant.

I would however caution that this blend would require a dedicated pipe.It certainly leaves a ghost in the machine!

Overall I would highly recommend this one,old Mark Twain would have loved it.

Baccyman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Baccyman (16)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Mark Twain is an excellent aromatic in the Danish tradition. The caramel smell in the tin makes you salivate! But this is another of those rare aromatics that has managed to strike a balance between casing and good tobacco flavor. A mild smoke that's excellent for after dinner or sitting with good friends. Oh, and the room note - HEAVEN!

final_id Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
final_id (35)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Unnoticeable

Another plain straightforward tobacco. Didn?t thrill me.

obxemt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
obxemt (26)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Seems to be a moist, high quality flake with a strong aromatic quality. It is sweet like cotton candy or confectioner's sugar, but not so much so that is is gross. After breaks when I went to puff again there was a unique and different taste/aroma that I couldn't place my finger on. It would be there, then it was gone. I realized that it was play dough (the smell reminded of it anyway)...I know that probably sounds bad, but it wasn't at all. Reminded me of carmelized sugar. The taste wasn't nearly as sweet as the aroma but it was more soft and (marsh)mellowish. As I said it was moist so there was a little gurgling but even my English and VAs do that on occasion which might be me more than the tobacco.

It lit readily using the Frank method, burned evenly and smelled great. I'm away from aromatics so it wouldn't be a favorite of mine but, like I said, it seemed to me to be of high quality. I could see where an aromatic lover might fall all over themselves for this one. English lovers will curl up and die.

obbj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
obbj (4)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is an aromatic that even non-aromatic smokers can enjoy. This is an aromatic that even non-aromatic smokers can enjoy. The aroma upon opening the lid of half pint jar the tobacco has a bakery smell to it. By that I mean the aroma reminds me of smell of fresh baked Cinnamon rolls and pastries. The sweet smelling aroma has undertones of vanilla, raisins, spice, cinnamon, and or nutmeg? The tobacco tastes as delicious as it smells.

The tobacco is moist, as most aromatics tend to be because of the casings applied to flavor the tobacco but is easy to light and remains lit without much effort. This tobacco is very enjoyable for you the smoker and the people around you. I've received many compliments on the aroma of this pipe tobacco.