What a wonderful pouch aroma! It's sweet, and yet not overwhelming so. I could spend hours admiring the incredible array of color: From bright yellow, through green, red and brown, all the way to jet black. The cuts are also a nice blend of long and short, thin and wide. Like the rest of Schürch's flavored tobaccos, the tobaccos used are of extremely high quality, and the flavor is not meant to hide or obscure the natural taste of the tobacco; it is evident also in the fact that you smoke and enjoy it till the very last shred of tobacco. I find it a bit salty, spicy, and of course, sweet. It's also amazingly consistent throughout. The room aroma is due to bring you endless compliments.

BrandSchürch
Blended ByHans Schurch
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringVanilla
CountryCH
Strength
Taste
2.0

Schurch makes some outstanding English blends and a couple of very good aromatics, but Almandino didn't ring the bell for me. Like all of the Schurch tobaccos that I have smoked, Almandino is comprised of high quality tobacco. The blend is mostly Virginias with a sprinkling of Cavendish that is not the typical sticky Cavendish found here in the US. The pouch scent reminds me a bit of cotton candy. It is pipe ready and needs no dry time. It burns clean and dry with no goop whatsoever. The tobacco flavor shines easily through the casing. So with all of these good things it should be a win for me, but it simply leaves me wanting more of the vanilla flavor. There is enough there to tease me, but with so many vanilla aros on the market, there are many more to my liking. If you are a non aromatic smoker that is looking for a blend that is a little sweet, (I don't get any saltiness as described) Almandino would be a great choice. It is a quality tobacco that I think that many looking for a light aromatic will enjoy. It's just not for me.