Similar to Irlandez (regular) but it is NOT a real cavendish to me. It is not as sweet as the regular, it has a nice plum taste and aroma. Room aroma is very nice as the plum smells nicely on this nice mixture.

BrandTabacos Wilder Finamore Ltda
Strength
Taste
albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (175)

Is the "somewhat stronger" version of the Classic "Irlandez" Tobacco. It contains light and medium virginias and some black cavendish tobacco. in my oppinion, one of the best Brazilian Tobaccos.

chewie.wk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chewie.wk (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

After smoking my first pouch I was compelled on changing the review I've made previously on this one. Living in Brazil, where the pipe smoking scene is not very strong, one pipe enthusiast would find the search for an affordable yet pleasure tobacco really tough. This blend is definitely the solution for those people.

Of course it's not on the same league as some of the finest pipe tobaccos out there but I'm smoking this on a daily basis and loving it for the cost-benefit this one has to offer. As for the smoke itself, it can bite sometimes if you're not careful. Also the taste is very mild and the wife rating is pretty good with no complaints so far from the family and girlfriend. It's very effective if you want to sit back and relax after a stressful day at work or watever.

For what it's worth, I recommend Irlandez Black for all the Brazilian folks out there for it's price and overall quality. Also, it's good to note that this is not an actual cavendish processed tobacco whatsoever.

Ottani Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ottani (4)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I was begining my tobacco experience when I trip on this.

I find out that Cavendish is a good kind of tobacco processing and I think that I should give it a try with Irlandez. Ok, I shouldn't have done that. Mainly because Irlandez Cavendish it is NOT a Cavendish processed tobacco.

Despite that, Irlandez Cavendish doesn't tastes so bad. It have a full heavy taste, but sweet. The smoke is ok, too. Serves well to fit an everyday smoke because it's way cheaper than the imported ones.

openfield_rj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
openfield_rj (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I was just a newbie in the world of the pipes when I arrived in a small tobacco house, near home, and was looking for a different blend, not the Irlandez I was always smoking, or the Candido Giovanella, another very popular blend in Brazil.

I saw the very different pack of Irlandez, and the "Cavendish" classification just down the brand. As I listened and red the older pipe smokers talking about cavendish tobacco, I got it to have some impression. Just love it. A different aroma and flavor mesmerized me, the nicotine injection was ok, and was what I was looking: a different tobacco.

Now, some years of smoking experiences, I know that is not a really cavendish, in fact it's a plum aromatic blend, that could be perfect if smoked in a small pipe and very slowly.