Virginia, Burley, and Black Cavendish with a Black Cherry flavor.

BrandGolden Blend Tobacco Co.
FlavoringCherry
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
2.0

Golden Blend Black Cherry. The aroma from this suggests a very light topping, it doesn't smell particularly cherry but it is a fruity type. It's strange as the room note is VERY cherry, in fact before I said it's cherry my mum walked into the room and said "mmm, cherry"! The flavour of the smoke is also more cherry like than I'd expected, it isn't one of those over sweet/candy like/cloying tastes but it can be identified as cherry, quite a refreshing change to the usual cherry aromatics that resemble cough sweets! Although the added taste is quite mild it's still strong enough to mask many idiosyncratic characters from the tobaccos, e.g I get zero nut quality from the Burley. Nicotine is again mild, it's a very unsatisfying blend with N. Although the burn is positive with it's consistency it scores lower with temperature, it gives too warm a smoke. Another bad point is tongue bite... ouch! This one has a few good points with the room note and delicate flavour, they are saving this from a one star score but taking all the qualities into consideration I feel two stars is a very apt result.

Pipe Used: Savinelli

Purchased From: Smoke King

byrus1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
byrus1 (1)

It's the first pipe tobacco I smoke. I find it quite pleasant, but I'd rather enjoy something a little bit stronger, but that's maybe because I'm a cigar smoker.

ROMMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ROMMER (17)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Here we go again. I have become increasingly unhappy with the absolute rubbish that the blenders put on the packets, mild,fruity, slow burning etc. You know what I mean!

Firstly Golden Blends IS mild. It will not burn the mouth. It leaves no nasty aftertaste and the flavouring too is Mild. It is what it claims to be and in that score is pretty much unique. It however lacks body and is fast burning and bland. So if you, like me, enjoy a really gentle and mellow smoke, and you are not into the old throat rippers and tounge grinders then you have found the one. However even if this stuff ticks the boxes the quality lets the whole thing down bigtime.