A great sliced Burley, earthy, light, lovely.

BrandPeretti
Blended ByL.J. Peretti
Manufactured ByL.J. Peretti
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Full
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

The slices are very earthy with a fair amount of nuttiness and some cocoa. It's not as sweet as some burley products, and even the molasses has a dry quality. There's a hint of another sweet flavor, but it's hard to say what it is, and is mitigated by a sour note here and there. Has a medium nic-hit. Burns clean and a little slow, and requires some relights. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl. Needs to be sipped as it has a few rough edges, though it doesn't bite. It's less sweet toward the finish. Not an all day smoke.

Mister Moo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mister Moo (12)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Full Pleasant

I am too cheap to buy Somerset online but, if I lived near Peretti's and walked by the place every once in a while, I'd pick an ounce now and again. It's like smoked salmon - nice for an occasional Sunday breakfast but not a steady diet (unless you're a grizzly bear).

If it wasn't for Stonehaven and MacBaren's Navy Flake I wouldn't smoke much burley but Somerset, the thinnest cut flake I've ever seen, is a cut above, burley-wise. Rubbed out to a rough consistency it breaks up well enough to stuff and folded up a bit it'll fill a pipe and burn fine. There is a hint of citrus that comes in and out for me throughout the pipe; what I presume is fresh tabak has a hint of an edge that is distant from harsh but it does ask you to smoke slow or suggests a bite. I haven't had any that is aged but I expect it would soften a bit. Trapped with me in the car Mrs. Moo said it smelled quite nice but, after a week of Penzance, she might have said old kitty litter would smell nice. She is a skillful critic, however, so I rated the room note "pleasant."

I like full-bodied, medium strength smokes. This one is right there. I'd love to try some that has rested for a year or three.

LV9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LV9 (76)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

I'm amazed that this blend only has 4 reviews IMHO this one of the best burleys in the market the flake is easy to work with it comes at a perfect moisture from the store, the flavor is very earthy the nicotine level is just right. If I was incline to do so this could make it as the only burley blend I would buy.