An exquisite mixture blended from mature Virginia, and mellow Black Cavendish, we have added a gently pressed and fermented cut plug made from Virginia and Burley. The mixture is perfected with a touch of sweet plum aroma, which creates a unique smoking experience for the most demanding pipe smoker.

BrandStanwell
2.3
Flinthills Tex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flinthills Tex (18)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this in a pinch. I had run out of my favorite leaf (Stanwell Jubilee), and the tobaccoonist had as well. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Stanwell blend called "Classic". Upon opening the tin, I was greeted with a pleasant Aroma reminding me of raisins. The moisture Content was just right, and the cut makes filling your pipe rather easy. The tobacco packs well and lights up on 2 matches. It burns well, leaving no dottle. The taste is pleasantly sweet, without overpowering the natural tobacco taste. The room note is a bit smokey, not as sweet as with some of Stanwell's other aromatic blends. It is certainly in no way offensive, but not as much of a crowd pleaser. My recommendation: Stanwell Classic is a good standby for smokers of aromatics. It is not a complex smoke, but neither is it bland. It can be smoked without problems by novice and expert alike.

Pipe Used: Vauen, Lorenzo, BC

Purchased From: local tobaccoonist

o3Ho3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
o3Ho3 (26)
Medium Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Is good , but not that good. Is tasty, but not that tasty. Is pleasant, but.... you know the drill... If you are curious - is interesting. But that's all!

Pipe Used: Always Peterson

Age When Smoked: 1 y

Purchased From: Romania

Similar Blends: Tobacco cellar strayed air.

Nagans Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nagans (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I opend this tobacco and the smell was good i thought that it would be a good smoke with good taste. When i started smoking it this tobacco and i didn't go well, for me it burned the inside of my mouth.

Have tried it some time later and still does burns my mouth

ofelia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ofelia (4)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I asked my wife to purchase some Melange for me and she brought me this instead.Before going crazy and asking for divorce,etc. I decided to give it a try and it turned out surprisingly good. It is not as sweet as the Melange,it has a bit more balance.The room note is great and it is very mild on the mouth.It is easy to pack,burns evenly and the price is great.If youy like aromatics, this is something you are not going to get tired of.

jazzmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jazzmoke (57)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

It is not the best or top 3 tobacco for me, but is good tobacco. Classic and well balanced with the smoked plum/raisin aromathat I truly enjoy.

Watson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Watson (20)

Though it has all the advantages of the Stanwell tobaccos (no moisture, burns to the end, no tongue bites, smooth burning) the burning aroma is very neutral... I think I will mix it with another Stanwell blend

ItarPeyo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ItarPeyo (19)
Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The best and worst side of this tobacco is it's casing. I couldn't get my nose out of the pouch and the room note is to die for, but it kind of leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Since the casing is so strong it will leave a noticeable ghost in you pipe. Try this if you feel like smoking your corn cob in the presence of non-smokers.

kukulis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kukulis (12)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Update: After I tried other better tobaccos, I understood that probably I will not return to this one.

This is not the best I ever smoked but my friend likes it a lot. The taste is not very good but is not very bad also. The plum smell is very mild for the smoker but evident for nearby people. Good smoking experience if don't mind that it burns your mouth.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable

this is an aromatic by definition..which means it is a cased tobacco (flavored)but i really doubt it was topped in purpose of making it a friendly smelling tobacco! it packs right and the taste is consistent through the bowl with the taste of burly, cavendish and little virginia is apparent have fruity mild sweetness taste to it. the room note is strong but sadly not pleasant. a decent tobacco but not an all day smoke for me at least..especially not when in company of non smokers.

orka Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
orka (50)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco does have its good sides. For one, the aromatic components aren't annoyingly strong, it is noted in another review that the top flavor is overwhelming. It is true (for me) that the plum flavor is much more evident upon the first light and onwards to the second third, but I usually find that particular feauture of this tobacco very enjoyable. The plum flavor moves to the background the further down you go, sometimes I've noticed it has a tendency of going a little back and forth, moving from back to front in the taste department. It does keep you alittle on your toes, which for me adds, in a positive way, to the smoking experience. If you take apart the components of the tobacco alittle, to its disadvantage, it mostly feels as if the tobaccos are in fact only a way of having a base for the plum aroma. The baseblends never really show themselves, they are just there, but they don't really do anything, which I find a little disappointing when you look at it at a broader perspective.

If you want plum, it delivers plum, but sadly not much more.

This is a low-maintenance tobacco with good burn capabilities, it won't burn your tongue if you use common sense when smoking it. If you're prone to aromatics, give this one a shot.

OleFattGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OleFattGuy (27)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

Stanwell are very able tobacco blenders, and this blend is no exception. It has a rich aroma out of the pouch with that plum note on top. It smokes well and does not cause any trouble. I'd smoke this everyday, but not all the time as it does become a bit ehm, je ne sais qouis?

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

Upon opening the pouch the smell is very strong: fruits and a little honey, very sweet indeed. The cut is mixed, with the ribbons from Virginia and Cavendish and the broken flake pieces from the VA-B cut plug. The packing is a little tricky in a small pipe, the moisture is perfect so the lighting is easy. At the match the top flavour is overwhelming, you really can't detect anything else; as expected, the first puffs are painful for your tongue. Then the burning proceeds easily, cool and dry and that's a good surprise, having considered the top dressing amount. Not my cup of tea but a good choice for danish aromatics lovers.