Aged, imported and domestic smoking tobaccos laced with Cherry liqueur. Specially created for today's taste.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish

Visit company website

Strength
Taste
2.6
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Like most of the other reviewers of this blend, my package was also a free sampler. Guess no one actually buys this blend and after smoking a third of a bowl I can understand why.

I knew this was going to be an unpleasant experience simply because I don't care for cased blends with fruity taste. Still, in an effort to offer an honest evaluation for the briar bretheren who enjoy cherry blends, let me just say that this one may please. It stayed lit well (too well, I was praying it'd go out on its own), and did offer a tobacco/cherry flavor. Additionally, it did not bite me..... But, I didn't really give it time to.

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)

It's similar to SP Cherry but better , imo . I had no issues with the blend at all . It light well , smoked cool and dry enough . The flavor is what these types blends are about and the flavor here was good . If I were to choose between this or SP BC [ which is also good ] , I'd choose this ... it is a little better all around

Pipe Used: Cob , briar , Stone Pipe

Similar Blends: Smokers Pride Cherry.

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I expected this to be another cheap cherry blend, and was surprised to discover it isn't. I'm not a fan of cherry blends, but having smoked a few recently, I've had the opportunity to compare good from bad. This blend is very moist in the package, and has a nice aroma upon opening the pack. The cherry taste is a little milder than the smell, and I got a light Virginia flavor here and there, which isn't the norm for fruit cased products. Burned fairly well, though you may want to dry it just a mite first. Its mildness is why I enjoyed it, because strong cherry blends just don't work for me. This is not a flavor bomb, but it is an all day work and play, fairly gentle sweet smoke with no bite. Has a nice room note, too.

Auroraboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Auroraboy (22)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Nice chunky ribbon cut, very nice cherry aroma, a little too moist right out of the pouch. This was so sweet it almost had sugar crystals on it, but the flavor from the lit tobacco in the pipe was very good, plenty of tobacco taste with the cherry. A little tough to keep lit, gooey as it is, but with careful, slow puffing, this can be a nice experience, and generally enjoyed by others around you.

I would get this again if it was available over the counter where I live, but I don't think I'd bother to order it.

Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

If you like this sort of thing, and it is available where you live, by all means give it a whirl. I too got it as a sample, otherwise I would have never tried it. It's pretty good in a cob, with a cup of coffee. If you are a fan of simple, sweet aromatics, you might love it. Go slowly, or it will indeed nip at you. I would not recommend this in a briar, as it smokes wet.

Wriggles Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wriggles (44)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I received this as a part of the Sampler. All in all, a decent cherry flavored tobacco. A little too much cherry for me, however.

I mixed this tobacco with an equal part of Lane's Golden Cavendish, and the result was a mild, lightly cherry flavored smoke, with enough tobacco taste. Although I have a modest collection of pipes, I find most of the burley blends smoke best in a cob. This concoction was no exception.

Blended, this was a good smoke. I will buy it to blend as described.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

As far as cherry pipe tobacco blends go, this one tastes better than any that I have tried. Although heavily cased, one can still taste the tobacco during the smoke. As with any heavily cased aromatic, this one will bite the tongue, which is why I no longer smoke them. However, if you are willing to tolerate the bite, this one is about the best tasting drug store cherry blends available.

aadelma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aadelma (55)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Tolerable to Strong

A typical aromatic. It smells nice in the pouch and isn't too wet if you leave the pouch open for a day or so. The aroma of the flavoring at first light is a little on the chemical/nasty side, but quickly subsides into a more subdued verson of some chemist's vision of what cherry should smell like. The middle 3rd of the bowl is the sweet spot where you can taste some of the virginia tobacco. It is a very mild taste which can easily lead to over-puffing to obtain more flavor. The bottom of the bowl is a soggy, rank mess. There are much better cherry tobaccos out there, for instance PS Cherry, Edward's Toasted Cherry, and Amphora Full Aroma.

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (66)

Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish Select prime leaf tobaccos of Europe, Africa, North and South America mellowed with a Cherry Liqueur

I found that this Cherry Blend of Dutch Masters to be of the same quality grade compared to the whiskey blend!

Tin/Pouch Notes: nice sweet smelling aroma Good Cut and Colors with proper moisture levels.

The Burn: Same Easy to manage tobacco that fires up good, burns evenly and smokes down to the bottom of the bowl with no problem Not an overpowering cherry blend with an all around good flavor profile. Not to my personal liking but I would recommend this tobacco to anyone who enjoys an aromatic mixture and even more so if you like cherry flavored tobaccos.

My 5 star rating = 2 (i would rate it 3 or more if you like this type of tobacco)

Pipe Used: Pipestone, Corn Cob, Briar

Purchased From: sutliff

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (68)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I've only tried two brands of cherry flavored blends. One was a Middleton blend, and this Dutch Masters offering. This was the better of the two, but I really didn't care much for either of them. I got this in a two for one packaged deal, and it was less than five bucks. The cherry tastes really come through in this blend, but it's a flavor akin to a cough syrup I'd used as a child. Burns well, not too much dottle. No bite to speak of. Nic level was really low. Kinda like candy in your pipe. I guess you can tell I wasn't all that impressed. If you try this, use a pipe you're not real fond of, cause it will really ghost your pipe for several bowls before you get rid of the cherry flavors...

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Like some of the other reviewers, I received this as part of my Altadis sampler pack of tobaccos. It's been quite a while since I smoked it so this review is being written from memory. In the pouch C.C. is a very moist tobacco, a little too moist for my tastes. It required several relights throughout the smoke.

The best part of this tobacco is the taste. It doesn't overwhelm you with cherry casing, it just has a nice cherry flavor with tobacco flavor in the background and I found that I often wanted another bowl right after I finished the first one. It does leave some wet dottle in the bottom of the pipe, however, so give your pipes adequate drying time.

Pricing on C.C. is good but it has become very hard to find. Mars Cigars used to carry it but they have been out of stock for a while. I think Payless Pipes in New Orleans might have canisters, I will have to check them out.

Scores for D.M. Cherry Cavendish: flavor- 16 of 20; burn- 6 of 10; price- 8 of 10. 30 points equals a good * rating for Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish.

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (68)

I stumbled on this in a store that mostly sells ciggarettes. It was a two for one deal, so I thought, why not? I gotta tell you that it's surprisingly good. It's definitely cherry flavored, but not in a bad way. Upon opening the pouch, the cherry smell is almost overwhelming, and I thought it was going to be hard to light, as it was quite moist. Gotta love those PPG's. It actually lit fairly easy, produced a copious amount of smoke, and didn't leave a goopy mess, though I thought it might. Letting it dry out a bit, made it even better. Of all the cherry blends I've tried over the years, this one is the best of them all. I was getting tired of all of the vanilla and or coconut topped aromatics out there, and this was a nice change of pace. I would definitely buy this one again. I wonder if they sell this in a tub?

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

After years of trying to find a great smoking aromatic and not being a cherry favor fan. I have to tell all that DMCC is superb. This blend has a complex nice mix of African, Burley and cavendish. They marry together to make a sweet but serious smoke with a great aroma of black forrest cake. This is a rich tobacco. And unlike thier cigars is top shelf.It is funny that the best aroamtic is by Dutch Masters Machine processed great tobacco at its finest. We should not shurg our shoulder to such a inexpensive blend. This is really good stuff. And you can often get two for one. Jr Cigars keeps enough of this on hand. As for aromatics I would give this one FIVE STARS if I could.

One of the freebies from Altadis. I decided to try some after enjoying the Dutch Masters Whiskey. A much better than average cherry blend. It has some real tobacco flavor as well. As with every cherry blend I've ever tried watch out for the dreaded tongue-bite. Otherwise it's a good one.

J. Bryan Shoup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J. Bryan Shoup (5)
Mild Medium Very Full Very Pleasant

As a lover of both stout blends and well-crafted aromatics, I've long sought a cherry-based blend with a taste to match the room note. Most fruity blends seem to put so much effort into being enjoyable to everyone sitting around the smoker that they neglect the palate of the one lighting up - but that is not the case with this blend!

When I first opened the pouch, I wasn't struck with the wave of artificial cherry scent that accompanies most cherry aromatics. Instead, it was sweet but not overpowering - Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish is a mild blend, a good walk-about smoke, with the ease of burley and cavendish well-blended and topped with a more subtle approach to cherry than most aromatics seem to muster. It won't give you the fix of an English blend, but for those times you're piping among the uninitiated, it will endear you to them and still please your tongue.

I had no problem with bite and soon found myself needing a new pouch. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone seeking a quality cherry aromatic at more affordable prices.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This was another one of the tobaccos included in my free Altadis sampler and I must admit, going in my expectations weren't too high. Dutch Masters is a name I associate more with cigars than with pipe tobacco. And even though I enjoy aromatics, my results with cherry ones has been spotty at best.

D.M.C.C. is a good looking tobacco in the pouch, with both light and dark cavendishes and some brown VA mixed in. The pouch aroma is also appealing, not sickenly sweet as in some cased blends. The tobacco packs pretty well and comes alive after two lights. After that it is average for an aromatic, which means it takes a few more relights than a drier burley blend.

The flavor starts out with a sweetness from the cherry casing, without being overbearing or cloying. It continues that way through the bowl until about the last 1/3, when the VA starts asserting itself. D.M.C.C. avoids the bitterness that is the bane of so many cherry tobaccos when the casing has burned off. It finishes up with a very small amount of dottle and a pipe that is not gooey or overly moist.

Ratings for D.M.C.C.; flavor- 14 out of 20; lighting and burn- 7 of 10; value; 8 of 10. A total of 29 gives Dutch Master's Cherry Cavendish a * rating.

Note: This tobacco is getting hard to find. It is available at http://www.marscigars.com.