Iwan Ries

Three Star Cordial Cherry Aromatic is not sweet smelling or perfume like. It has no syrup taste and there's never a bite. Its a cool and very tasty pipe tobacco. It has a very nice room note and it has a nice flavorful aftertaste.

BrandIwan Ries
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (89)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Really , this blend has only 5 reviews ! This is by far the best Cherry Flavored pipe tobacco on the planet .... why ? .. because it taste like a ripe natural cherry .. no candied , not fake or the overly sweet cherries in cocktails .... a real freakin cherry flavor . It's a touch moist but burns well enough and is a black cav . It smokes ultra cool ! This one is all about the flavor .... it's super fantastic . 5 reviews ... I just cant believe it ony has 5 reviews . If you dig a cherry blend , youre gonna go out of yer freakin mind with this one , I aint kidding

jvande7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jvande7 (15)

Open the pouch, jam your nose in there, breathe in.... mmmmmmm... Chocolate and Cherries! This is a great cherry aromatic option because it doesn't have that cherry cough syrup taste to it. In fact, you SMELL the cherries more then you actually TASTE them. A nice aromatic for after dinner perhaps? As with most aromatics, you know what you're getting into from the title/packaging, and if you're not a fan of such things, then don't bother. If you are a fan of such things, you will be treated with a bowl of goodness. It has a creamy mouthfeel. And needs to be dried a bit before smoking, kinda rich/goopy.

calavera Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
calavera (26)
Very Mild Medium Medium Tolerable

I do not usually smoke aromatics, but I received the Altadis sampler in the mail with 26 different types of aromatics, so I have been trying some. I don't dislike aromatics, I just enjoy English blends so much that I don't find myself reaching for anything else.

I went out and bought a cob just for aromatics. Packed it loosely with Cordial Cherry. Applied flame. It lit well, but was a little wet, so I had to relight it several times.

Had a nice sweetness. I would not say that I noticed a strong cherry flavor, just a nice sweetness on top of a mild tobacco.

I enjoyed this one, and look forward to smoking the rest of the pouch. I would say that I am going to use this one when I am smoking around the family (non-smokers) so as not to offend, but my wife said that this one does not smell that good.

It is what it is, and does not pretend to be a sophisticated or high end blend. I give this three stars as an aromatic, but it would only be a two star blend in the overall blend to blend comparison.

pipeman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipeman (14)

i'm smoking this as i type,its definately cherry.i could taste the cherry after about 3 or 4 puffs,smoked to fast and your pipe will heat up enough to make it uncomfortable to hold.i wouldn't say the cherry casing was to much or to little,just right.the aroma was pleasant as i figured it would be.i could taste the burley at times,along with the cavendish.it burns down to a fine ash and seems to stay dry,thus far,(i need to get me some straight pipes,most of mine either full bent or half bent),this makes aromatics not so pleasant to smokes sometimes.i would recommend this to aromatics fans and would buy it also.mild in strength from start to,well amost finished.lol.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Much like the Buttered Rum, this straight-forward dessert smoke starts off nice, and maintains a good flavor for most of the bowl. When the casing begins to fade, the underlying leaf is not a nasty surprise. A good choice if you like this style. It is surprisingly dry (considering how flavored it is). I'll be trying the Vanilla version soon, and I expect more of the same. Good job Iwan Ries, and Altadis!

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)

I would have to give this blend high marks in the smokability department. Unlike many other cherry blends, this one really has no bite to it. It has a decent flavor although not as flavorful as some others IMHO. It smokes surprisingly dry and cool for an IRC aromatic. Definitely worth trying.

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (32)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Full Very Pleasant

"This is another Uncle Iwan Tobacco I had to add to the review board" This has a great roomnote to start off with. It is not overwhelming when you first open the pouch. It has a nice flavor and it lights and burns with great ease. This type of loose cut tobacco crackles and pops which is always a great sign, in my opinion. This is by far one of the best Cherry tobaccos on the market today. It is a great year round all day smoke with no over powering perfume like aromas that have a habit of coming with this type of flavoring. This is another fine pipe tobacco I will keep in my stock at all times! -M.Z.M.N-