The Distinct Caramel flavors of unsweetened Black Cavendish combine with the natural sweetness of Perique. Spotted lightly with Bright Virginia and pressed into Crumble Cake. A Rich, Dark, naturally aromatic tobacco.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeOther
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Perique, Virginia
CutKrumble Kake
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Medium Extremely Mild Full Pleasant

This is one interesting tobacco. The pouch scent could easily fool the most frequent pipe smoker. It sure did fool me. OBM arrives in a beautifully shaped dark crumble cake. It offers the scent of an aromatic. Had I not known the component tobaccos I would have never guessed it to be anything but an aromatic. If there is any added flavoring, it is extremely light. The cake breaks with ease and for some folks it will be “pipe ready.” I prefer my tobacco pretty dry so I dried it for a few minutes. The perique IMO is the star of the show with the unflavored Cavendish adding body. The previous reviewer states that it is Nor' Easter without the latakia. That sounds like a good bet to me too. OBM offers plenty of smoke and is smooth from beginning to end. I do prefer OBM's cousin, Nor' Easter a tad bit more, but this is still a winner. Ernie at Watch City is one of those blenders that seems to fly under the radar, but he sure does put out some interesting blends. Recommended.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (82)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Very Pleasant

A pleasant and excellent surprise. According to WC, this blend is identical to N'oreaster, which I prefer, except OBM does not have latakia. I did not think I would enjoy this blend because it does not have latakia, but it really is well done. The cavendish gives it a smooth creamy taste. Nice medley of perique and the virginias. Give it a try!