Cherry and Amaretto casings.

Notes: Shag cut.

BrandTinder Box
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringAmaretto
Strength
Taste
2.1
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The cherry taste overpowers the almond. There was something artificial about it, too. Burned fairly hot, but even sipping it doesn't help the flavor much. Not very wet near the end, which is all I can really say about it.

Crazy Dan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Crazy Dan (3)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I love the smell of cherry pipe tobacco, but this one had almost no flavor to me it smelled great in the jar and in the bag, but the smell did not transfer in to the flavor for me. I probably wil not buy this again.

JohnnyCrash Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JohnnyCrash (3)
Mild Extra Strong Full Very Pleasant

This might be strongly flavored even for some die hard aromatic fans. I like the combination of cherry and almond though. A bit gooey if puffed hard and fast, but not terribly messy in general.

Sometimes its a bit too flavored. It made the entire shipping box smell like Luden's sore throat drops! When I'm in the mood for a good bit of sweetness, or I know I'll be smoking around non-smokers, I'll break this stuff out at full-strength. It is also good to "cut" with some other muted tobaccos to reduce the cherry flavor a bit... and let's face it, we all have extra non-descript tobacco laying around to use as filler.

Overall, I enjoy it at full cherry strength as often as I cut it with blander tobaccos.

slprl1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slprl1 (4)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A smooth smoke. Not overpowering. Taste is steady throughout the entire bowl. Cool start, cool finish.

Mister Entertainer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mister Entertainer (3)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild Tolerable

This was the very first tobacco that I had ever smoked out of a pipe. At first I thought that it had turned me completely off to smoking a pipe but as I continued to smoke it, the cherry flavor came through. Honestly I don't even like cherries much at all but my friend suggested we try it out, so this may be a little bias. The smell of it is of pure cherry but that is not the case when you smoke it. Every once in a while you'll get a hint of cherry but just enough to tease your palate. The almond was equally unnoticeable you could still detect some nuttyness there. I enjoyed smoking this but I will not buy it again.

opndsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
opndsmoker (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

If you like cherry aromatics, this is a good one. It smokes very cool, has a great flavor, and a very pleasant room note. The only knock on it is that the topping is fairly heavy and it might be a bit sweet for some.

Jaraxle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jaraxle (3)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This was the secound tobacco I ever smoked,(last fall). It smells wonderful....tasted awful. Not as bad as bad as Cube mind you, but not a good blend. I was very put off by this and tossed the bag. I am sure every pipe smoker out there has tried a cherry blend, so if you haven't, go ahead, get it over with. This is at least an inexpensive brand.

Stacey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stacey (40)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This flavor combination is revolting. Way too much almond for my tastes and far to sweet. Reminds me of those cheap, nasty Chinese Almond cookies.

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (140)
Mild Very Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Look up casing in the dictionary and there will be a picture of a pouch of Cherry Almond, whoa! I do enjoy cherry tobaccos from time to time and I enjoy Anniversary from Tinderbox, but this was too much for me. The smell in the pouch was sweet like Cherry Ambrosia from Macbaren, but the base tobacco is very plain and the cherry aroma does not translate to actual flavor, only smoke.

You could do worse than this: see Middletons Cherry; but there are much better cherry aromatics out there, even at the same store.

Joseph Durham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joseph Durham (16)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This blend was the very first that I ever loaded into a pipe. I enjoyed it so much that I smoked it and nothing but for 3 years. You either love aromatics or you don't. This is by far the best Cherry aromatic I have ever had.

The blend is alreay rubbed, so there is no work excpet loading it into your pipe. This is a blend that you cannot seem to pack to tight. For me, I like to use a larger bowl, but for those that don't enjoy aromatics so much, a smaller bowl will get one a wonderful fix.

The tobacco burns wonderfully, and the aroma fills the room. The smoke will draw people in from outside even. Trust me.

The tobacco stays lit without a problem. If one needs to relight, don't worry. . . it'll be just as good.

This blend has been in my line up for years, and will continue to be a regular.