A medium strength sliced Burley blend with some Turkish and Cavendish tobaccos. This blend offers a rich, nutty flavor with a slight hint of rum raisin and a moderately sweet finish. Nice room aroma.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full, Very Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

3.2
Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (12)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a very enjoyable blend. My palate gathers lots of sweet notes, light vanilla, brown sugar, and maybe just a bit of rum. There is something else there that eludes me. I'm thinking dried fruit, raisins, figs, ect.

Overall a great smoke. I would eagerly buy more, but alas it is across the country from me. I was provided a generous sample from a online friend. I guess I'll just have to savor what I have.

Pipe Used: Wild Honey

Age When Smoked: ?????

Purchased From: Gifted

Similar Blends: Boswells Best, Ole Shenandoah Num. 76.

zionhead1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zionhead1 (26)

On a whim, I order some of this tobacco as a crap shoot. I was pleasantly suprised. A solid American burley blend accented with turkish, smooth cavendish, and (virginias?).

Burley is rough cut while there is ribbon and shag cut present from the other blends.

Packing: The batch I got is still new and is moist and needs some drying time but note, very little to no bite even in the hydrated stage. The bag aroma is very pleasant and it is like rum and dates - rum raisin is a good description.

First light and 1st 1/4: semi sweet - this aromatic is NOT the goopy sweet stuff you find at most malls. This is semi sweet with a quality blend with wonderful bold burley flavor and aroma. The initial room note is SO good. hard to describe... none like I have tried before.

Mid bowl: the sweet topping and/or casing starts to relax and through the nose you recognize the turkish peaking through. Nutty, nutty, nutty and sweet burlies otherwise.

Last of bowl: The mouthful of burlies is like your eating something baked. 3/4's of flavorful burley with turkish and (virgina?) tanginess. some ashiness taste but not bad, the casing is gone somewhat and all left is the great nutty burly flavor. The room note still has a hint of the flavoring and works well with the burly. The nicotine is stronger the last half of the bowl no goopiness, solid gray ash, wonderful quality smoke. ====================================================================================== UPDATE 2/28/07 Bringing down to 2 stars just for the PG level I have to dry out and that ticks me off

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (86)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Full Very Pleasant

I thought I reviewed Jefferson Street two years ago when I found this blend by ordering their aromatic sampler. Anyhoo since then it has become my daily smoke. Aroma is like a baked devils food cake. Appearance is just like Captain Black White with blacks and tans dominating but that's where the similarities end. First off I don't see how the above reviewer said this blend doesn't dry out, for me if I leave a portion to sit for a half hour it becomes brittle to the touch, so no PG... Taste is sweet, malty, with chocolaty dark flavors. I have never tasted this amazing mixture of tobaccos before. The Turkish which is never used in an aromatic combines with the burley and black Cavendish to create the devils food, hot chocolate aroma and taste. Rum Raisin is a good analogy but with cocoa. Amazing that a non aromatic can give off the aroma of a full aromatic. Nicotine level is just right, not Nightcap strong but not as weak as a black Cavendish, again just right. I have shopped at literally 90% of all the online tobacco shops and these guys have THE BEST customer service! Renee is super helpful and their prices are awesome for the product you get. Hand blended not renamed Lane blends! Try some Jefferson Street and see what I mean about the magic Turkish leaf can do when combined with some Cavendish!! YUM!

Pipe Used: Cob, Dr Grabow, Bjarne

Age When Smoked: Fresh, just delivered

Purchased From: Milan Tobacconist

Similar Blends: Uhle's - Black Stoker.

Pagercat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pagercat (41)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

After reading an article on Milan Tobacconists I decided to try some of their blends. Each one has been wonderful and I look forward to trying more. "Jefferson Street" was mentioned prominently so that was one that I just had to try.

A very colorful blend of ribbon-cut leaves, Jefferson Street has a slight raisin-like scent and a moisture content that gives it ample pliability and softness. I found no midribs, sticks, tobacco dust, etc. in the bag. It loads into any pipe effortlessly, lights right up on the first match and burns cool and slow.

The flavor has a slight raisin and rum note but it works flawlessly together with the rest of the components to bring about a full smooth slightly sweet cresendo of flavor. Instead of one leaf taking the spotlight, these ingredients stand like a chorus line. The balance is perfect and the flavors develop over the bowl with a gradual increase in strength. The sweetness becomes more pronounced towards the final third of the bowl but is never harsh or bitter.

Jefferson Street burns to a fine grey ash and only requires the occasional light tamp to keep lit. You never know it is done until the pipe goes out and nothing but ash remains at the heel. This blend has to be one of the most underrated blends out there. If this were tinned and distributed widely I think it would be a huge hit.

BagleyPipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BagleyPipes (5)

I really like this blend. It lights easy and stays lit. I find that I keep putting it towards the front of my tobacco "bar". I find that the first part of the bowl is sweet, and then about midway through I can taste the rum raisin.