Mildly sweet with a beautiful vanilla aroma. Balanced blend of coarse and fine-cut Cavendish.

BrandWith Pipe and Book
Blended ByBreck & Julie Turner
ContentsCavendish
FlavoringVanilla
Packagingpouch
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium to Strong
None Detected, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Unnoticeable, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
1.3
JimInks (2038)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

The cavendishes are hardly noticeable and a little dull. The vanilla dominates, although it suffers from lack of depth. Hardly has any nicotine. Won’t bite, but can get a little warm on the tongue if puffed fast. Burns slightly slow with a consistent, rather weak flavor. Leaves some moisture in the bowl, and needs a tad more than an average number of relights as it burns a little wet. Has a very plain after taste for an all day smoke.

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (33)
Medium to Strong None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

I tried this blend back in 2006 when I was up in Lake Placid NY. This blend is a mix of Cavendish fine cut and coarse and I do like that type of cut tobacco. The smell of the tobacco did intrigue me to fire one up and I did. I was hoping to get a nice taste of this blend but that didnt happen. The vanilla was almost non-existent and the roomnote did not appeal very well. This to me was a very bland tasting tobacco with no kick. Its burned a little hot for my taste as well....MZMN...

Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

With Pipe and Book - Olympic Blend.

Although it's listed as being unavailable I only purchased this from Cup O' Joes a few weeks back. I like it a little more than the other reviewers to date.

The blend includes an equal measure of both black, gold, and brown Cavendish's, with a clear smell of vanilla. The build is coarser than a standard ribbon, but not unmanageable. Moisture can't be faulted.

In the smoke the vanilla's strong enough to give a flavour that's certain, but still falls below medium. As well as the added vanilla I get a pleasant cavendish taste: not sticky-sweet, or heavy with gloop, but quite a light cavendish flavour. The smoke has a fairly heavy build, meaning it's a good idea to have a window opened, and I find the temperature below medium. I've smoked enough bowls of this this morning to feel comfortable in my opinion of bite: I've had none. And the burn from Olympic has been unproblematic, from bowl to bowl.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: pleasant enough, but generates a fair amount of actual smoke.

Like I said, I don't find this that bad. I can see where the word Boring might come into it, for a few folks: it isn't exactly complex. But I think two stars covers it:

Somewhat recommended.