A masterful blend of premium tobaccos sets the stage for this enchanting, smokey new mixture. Flavorful leaves add hints of fruit and berries with subtle nuttiness backed by earthy undertones of Latakia, cavendish and red Virginias. This whimsical but dark blend will be a pleasant choice for the journey! Old World myth has it that the Black Forest had witches, dwarfish and ancient knights. There wasn't a single army in all of Europe that would pass through, though going around meant losing many weeks of travel! No one who ever entered the Black Forest in those days was ever seen again. Far friendlier, the Enchanted Forest with its elves, nymphs and unicorns will offer many pleasant surprises during a smoke! But; beware, though not as dark, Black Forest lovers will find this blend is not entirely unfamiliar in richness and subtle, dark undertones. Brings to mind adventurous journeys into deep, redwood forests past shafts of golden light piercing the dark canopy of sky-high tree tops and gently falling upon patches of sweet berries scattered along the dark forest floor. Not for the faint of heart or squeamish.

BrandThePipeRoom.com
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Virginia
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Glorfindel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Glorfindel (80)

This is a solid blend with light aromatic character. The earthy tones accented with berries stay true throughout the bowl. I won't call it "casing" because the aroma and flavor don't suggest it. Perhaps "top noting" is a better term here, the non-tobacco flavorings are very mild, unobtrusive and pleasant.

70% Scottish 30% aromatic character.

The latakia comes through and gives this blend "body" not often found with other aromatics. The bag aroma is almost idetical to the smoke flavor and smell, which it not always true with some blends I've smoked.

It did require some drying, and I still need to dry it more, that's the main reason I only give it 3 stars. It will bite a little if smoked too fast and moisture accumulates at the bottom of your bowl. However, that's not a negative to me personally because I have never found a blend that wouldn't do just that if smoked too fast.

I expect to continue to dry this blend ultimately making it bone-dry and crumbly just to see what happens. I don't normally do this, but I have a sneaking suspicion it may make this blend a 4 star winner.

I love this blend however, and plan on getting a pound or so in the near future to cellar.

I like to go to this mix when I can't decide if I want a Scottish blend or an aromatic. Its a great middle of the road treat.