Finest Virginia-tobaccos are mixed with a Black Cavendish Short Cut, Deep-red Virginia-broad cut is mellowed by tampering in red wine and awards this mixture a fruity-fine bouquet and a fine wine taste.

BrandW.O. Larsen
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Alcohol / Liquor
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild, Very Full
2.0
FunnyPipe727 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FunnyPipe727 (20)
Mild Medium Very Full Pleasant to Tolerable

My quest for that pure Vanilla pipe tobacco has come to an end. Stanwell Vanilla is officially one of my favorite aromatics as of yet. This blend smokes beautifully dry, sweet, and creamy. A treat for the connoisseur of aromatics, but also a good starter blend. Upon cracking open the tin, I was greeted with the strong (but pleasant) scent of vanilla beans, nutmeg, and sugar. Upon packing a bowl, I took a puff and was delighted to find that this beautifully topped blend smoked creamy, cool, and sweet. It has the obvious flavor of vanilla, without the sour smell or taste common in other vanilla aromatic tobacco, and it has a wonderful buttery note that rounds out the flavor nicely. Stanwell Vanilla reminds me of the holidays, when around Christmas time, my father and I made home made eggnog from scratch. It tasted creamy, sweet, smooth and was always loaded with vanilla. This is a delightful, mild blend that any pipe smoker would enjoy. A little tip though; when packing, make sure to use the Air Pocket or the Frank method. I've found that the three step method makes for a gurgly smoke, but maybe I just pack it too tightly that way. Pack it right, relax and light up! You'll immediately see your troubles wisp away in a creamy white cloud, and you'll taste the sweet joy that comes from smoking a pipe.

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I could not perceive any wine here... Thh casing is strange, not bad, but not a delight either. It is a bland tasting blend, oky roomnote... Do not lose your time or money on this.

Pipepundit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipepundit (168)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Bizarre tasting, very wet (I cannot say whether from the wine or the humectants), but a very attractive tin. I do not have the heart to recommend the mixture to anyone (deserves to be smitten with Excalibur) but the tin is a delight.