A blend to stir the imagination. A mixture of Virginias, Burleys and Perique expertly flavored with honey and vanilla.

ContentsBurley, Perique, Virginia
FlavoringHoney, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
2.6
jamesintexas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jamesintexas (3)

Casing taste reminds me of French Vanilla ice cream, you know the kind with the little black specks in it. Tobacco blend has a slight nutmeg/cinnamon in the background. Tamp often to keep it packed around the ember and sip it to distill the sugars and not just "burn" them. May have to gently back flush it a little every now and then to keep the ember going. Seems to favor being a little on the moist side. A nice dessert smoke for me.

Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This was a good burning, sweet blend that is mild and easy on the tongue. The perique is there but very subtle and the vanilla masks it some. It does have a nice room note and a nice flavor but kind of boring after awhile. Could be a good starter blend though.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is not their best blend but. The aroma is just fair. I don't know hwere ther Perique is in this blend? But I didn't seem to come across any in the puch that I bought. Good for the beginner or Novice.

Earl Grey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Earl Grey (15)

Good stuff. Vanilla and honey flavor isn't overwhelming. It's a cool smoke and didn't gurgle like a water bong in my pipe--which is rare for aromatics. The perique content is perfect, in my humble opinion.

gladi8tor96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gladi8tor96 (50)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

First bowl was fairly pleasant. Burnt easy, light on tongue, decent flavor and nice room note. However, as the bowl progressed (and this was with several bowls), the chemical taste flavor, started as an aftertaste, became overwhelming. I don't want to taste chemicals, I want to taste tobacco and natural flavors. I won't be smoking this again.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (138)

I ordered a sample of this blend from Pipes and Cigars with my usual pound of Count Pulaski. Altadis lists this on their website as an English blend. I would classify it as an aromatic. It reminds me of Captain Black but with a lot less casing. It is a black cavendish composed of burley, with about 20% virginia and 5% perique. The vanilla is dominant, but not in a negative way and very tasty. The honey is there to smooth out the components. Although I am not an aromatic smoker, I enjoyed every bowl of this mixture. I even plan to keep a few ounces around. For aromatic fans it's a step up from Captain Black and for the rest of us it's a nice change of pace. Especially when amongst nonsmokers.

rsvp2rip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rsvp2rip (27)

Ordered this on a whim to try to find something that had perique that I could like. I generally find perique overwhelming and think that most blenders try to make it the main focus in other blends. This I found used perique with a bit of restrain. Opening the bag one is greeted by a very familiar smell of vanilla with a bit of strong tobacco stink from the perique. The contents are mostly black ribbon with some light browns. The blend comes very moist looking and the ribbons stick together quite a bit when pressed but it does not feel wet at all. I think this is from PG, so I can tell you I was looking for some fire stop to put on my tounge. Well, I souldn't have been so worried as I couldn't get this to bite at all, even when I intentionally abused it. This blend is burley and virginia dominant, with the perique just kinda lurking around in the shaddows giving a certain spiciness to the smoke, until the mid way point. This is where the perique gains in strength but never overwhelms the blend at all. The taste is sweet from the honey and virginia, a kind of natural sweet not like candy at all. Grassy tones from the burley peek in and out. Vanilla never seems to come through in the smoke much but the aroma was very good to me, smelling of vanilla and old leather. No dottle, no gurgle, no tounge bite, cool buring and never turning bitter even when in the wind or doing some serious pipe sucking (I thought this was from Altadis?!?). Overall a great all day, every day kinda smoke, on the low end of medium in the nicotine department. This will have to get more attention from me, think I'll order a pound! 9 out of 10