A tantalizing blend. An all Black of "steam sweated" fire-cured tobaccos hauntingly flavored with fig, prune and rum notes.

ContentsBurley, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)

This is by far the dryest Black Cavendish I've ever seen. Dry in the pouch and dry in the pipe, so lock & load, it's ready for you! Like Count Pulaski this blend is a real stand out amung the Altadis brand, which does'nt get a lot of love.(rightfully so) They say there is a fig and rum flavoring which I really can't identify as such. To me, this is just simply a flavorfull, sweet and clean burning Black Cavendish...Excellent!!!

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (55)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Gave this one a shot solely on the prior recommendations. Usually Altadis blends scare the heck out of me but it's certainly cheap enough and what the hell. You know this stuff ain't half bad. Very light aroma in the pouch maybe some of the rum but not much else. No sicky sweet , goopy mess here. Lightly sweet with none of the individual flavors that you can really discern. Maybe some of the rum and a little of the prune kind of but thats it.They sort of meld together into a pleasant taste and nice aroma. Not much real tobacco taste here maybe a little of the burley.This mixture will heat up your pipe a bit but never your tongue. Smokes dry and actually leaves a pleasant taste in your mouth afterwards. I was looking for a decent change of pace over my usual straight Virginias and that is exactly what I got. Much better than your normal Altadis messes.

Johnny River Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Johnny River (17)

Dark in color, mild in taste. You know how a lot of the Altadis blends, particularly the aromatics are really wet and sticky - well this isn't. It burns dry and consistent throughout the bowl. It has a nice flavor, not overpowering, or overly sweet - just right. If you have been burned (both literally and figuratively) by aromatics in the past (especially Altadis blends) I recommend you give this one a try. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Very Mild Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

All I can say is I lit this and I was astounded! It tasted wonderful and stayed that way to the bottom of the bowl in my falcon. An all black, dark, and rich looking blend with a long wide ribbon cut. I lit it and it stayed lit. It was the perfect moisture. I thought I was smoking a blend from McClelland or Dan as it was great quality. It has a sweet/sour smell in the pouch and when lit it has a sweet, rich and creamy flavor with the fig/raison taste coming out but not too strong. This blend stayed tame and never grew bitter or had any tongue bite at all. I am really impressed with it and I am a burley smoke normally. I will be ordering a pound of this as it is a great blend and if you like aros, I highly recommend this.