A superb blend of Perique and Virginias complimented by a soothing mixture of vanilla, coffee, rum and honey.

ContentsPerique, Virginia
FlavoringCoffee, Honey, Rum, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
1.5
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I have to say, after smoking this I can't get my mouth back to normal, I am so thirsty and I smoked it hours ago. Whatever is in it it turned my mouth dry within minutes. The first half of the bowl was very bland and then I tasted a tart, berry like, sweet taste that was tolerable, kind of like Captain Black White but not as good. It is ribbon cut and stayed lit well, had to relite only once, and it burned down almost to the bottom and left a dry grey dottle. The aroma was fabulous, the bag aroma is sweet, tart and pleasant. I will let this sit awhile mixed with some straight burley to see if I can tame it down some but I will never rebuy it, it just is not worth it.

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (78)
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Flavor: Not much to speak of. Like putting sweet and warm air in your mouth (if that makes any sense). Most of the flavor that is present if PG.

Complexity: None. There are FEW aromatic blends that show any degree of complexity, this isn't one of them. In my opinion, Virginias and Perique are tobaccos that must be enjoyed naturally or with a light topping at the most. I couldn't taste those tobaccos.

Aroma: All you can sense is sweet PG.

Tin/pouch aroma: You can smell the vanilla, rum, honey and coffee with a hing of PG. Good pouch aroma but it doesn't really translate into flavor.

Room note: probably the only good thing about this blend. I received multiple compliments on the room note. Honestly, it was pleasant, but I need more than that to like a blend.

Burning characteristics: Burns cool, few relights. Leaves some gunk at the bottom of your pipe but not excessive.

Cut/Moisture content: Loose cut. I don't necessarily like dry tobaccos but this stuff is soaking wet, it will leave a greasy a greasy/sticky residue on your fingers after touching it. It is so full of PG that it won't actually dry out so leaving out for a few hours before smoking is useless.

Overall: Not something I'd recommend to a more serious pipe smoker. I mostly smoke Balkans and, on occassion, enjoy an aromatic as a change of pace. Even when looking for a change of pace I like my aromatics to have a degree (even if small) of complexity and tobacco flavor. A casing (when properly applied) isn't all that bad but I prefer a light topping. There are few aromatics out there that can offer complexity and tobacco flavor, this is not one of them.

Cadence Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cadence (3)

Don't let this blend fool you. This produces gobs (I love that word) of creamy, white smoke. I can taste the honey and the vanilla, but still haven't managed to sense any rum or coffee. But it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of this blend. Can only get a sense of the perique when blowing smoke out of my nose; and not much of it.

This is a pretty good smoke. Will burn hot if you push it, but it's never bitten me and I push pretty hard. Room note is absolutely heavenly. Feels light and smooth in your mouth if you take it easy. Reminds me (not tastes like, just reminds me) of oatmeal with milk and honey.

Mild,but enjoyable smoke.

JohnnyO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JohnnyO (7)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

In the pouch this tobacco smells great, with the honey and vanilla being most present. This tobacco lights easily and remained lit for quite a while. This is very aromatic and the flavor presents itself more than the tobacco I would say. The downsides to this tobacco are that in all of the pipes I have smoked it in I am left with a wet gurgling pipe and wet dottle in the bottom of the bowl, but worst of all I noticed this tobacco loses its aromatic flavor half way through the bowl. It just seems to go flat and taste like plain ol tobaccy [which isnt too bad] but after all that aromatic flavor in the first half, the last half seems really flat and bland...I will smoke the last of this tobacco I own and maybe try it in a smaller pipe, but after that I will not be buying any more...This was one American dream that was not fulfilled...