Cavendish style, Golden Virginia and White Burley with a subtle mixture of Buttered New England and Jamaican Rum

BrandAbenaki Tobacco Co.
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste
chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)

Though the rhum fragrance doesn't grab you upon opening the pouch this sweet Abenaki aromatic is a sleeper and improves in taste and performance as you get into the smoking experience. I love rhum, whiskey, Irish Mist and cherry Cavendish style casing laced aromatics and this one just leaves me immensely satisfied. Superbly mild, smokes cool, no bite, slow burning and you'd have to blow through the stem like a locomotive stack to make the bowl hot. I'm enjoying this now in a briar I previously reserved for my Irish Mist aromatics and this tobac has so much gentle definition and form it delights all the way through. Highly recommended.

cajomu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cajomu (19)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Flavoring is tolerable with some but rather little burley tobacco taste. Burns well. Medium bite. Reminds me of Dream Castle Vanilla Cavendish, which I used to smoke before discovering what pipe tobacco can and should taste like.

Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This is a pleasant, and simple Burley Virginia with a buttered rum casing. It isn't bad smoked slowly in a cob. It will get rough and nip if you push it.

Sojang Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sojang (13)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a light blend, with no dark cavendish. Pouch aroma is pleasing. I detected a faint odor of rum, no butter. Packs well,stays lit. Very smooth and very sweet. Did not bite even when puffed hard. All in all I found this blend to be most enjoyable. I'm adding it to my 4 star list. I rate this blend 9.5 out of 10.