Our most popular blend. Easy burning, flavorful Cavendish with an exceptional aroma and no bite.

BrandWith Pipe and Book
Blended ByBreck and Julie Turner
ContentsCavendish
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (13)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

I got a pound of this from Cupojoes. I never tried it from the original store, or if I did I can't recall it. It smell mildly like vanilla and a little nutty in the jar. It lights easily on a single match and burns completely without relight. Moisture level is appropriate for me. It is unpretentious and a simple cavendish that I have enjoyed. No bite. The more I smoke it the more I enjoy it. I don't like English or Latakia so if your tastes are similar, give it a try.

The Layman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Layman (9)

I first got this through the shop in Lake Placid, NY which subsequently closed. Since they were on the way out and getting rid of some of their stock, I ended up getting almost a pound of this just to have something to add to my rotation. When I tried this, I didn't think much of it and since it seemed a bit harsh to me compared to some of my other tobacco on hand,I packed it up and pretty much just put it aside. Usually aromatics aren't something that you age, but this tobacco definitely aged well. After five years, I took it out and love the difference. This is supposed to be Cavendish, but it has that mild soapy taste at first that you usually associate with Burley. There is virtually no tongue bite unless you huff and puff like a dragon, in which case you will get a bit of a kickback as this stuff burns a little hot. It definitely mellowed with age and is truly a nice mild and enjoyable smoke. While it's not anything that's going to set the world on fire, it's definitely something to add to your rotation if you want something a little different every now and then.

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (32)
Medium to Strong None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

I tried this blend as part of a 3 pack sampler and it did not really drive home like I thought it would. This is a pure drop dead blend of tobacco. There is really no taste or roomnote to this. This is your basic bland pipe tobacco. Id rather smoke a bowlfull of Adirondack leaves, but ill quit while im ahead...MZMN

Tom Bruce Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bruce (19)

The term Adirondacks was applied as an insult to the Indians who lived in upstate New York. It means "bark eater," and neighboring tribes derogitorily felt that Indians who would live in such an environment must survive the harsh winters by eating bark. Well, this Adirondac (sic) Mixture is definitely not bark. I believe this is the first all-cavendish tobacco I have ever smoked. As you know, cavendish can be processed in various ways from a wide assorment of tobaccos. In this case, I don't believe any flavorings were added. More likely, the tobacco was steamed to bring out its own taste and natural sweetness. In smoking this, I denote no flavorings whatsoever, except the great taste of tobacco. It's mild, it's soft, it's sweet and I don't care how hard a puffer you are, you can't get it to bite the tongue. Unfortunately, you can only get this tobacco by a trip to Lake Placid, or by mail at 91 Main Street, 12946, or phone (518) 523-9096. But, in either case, it's worth it. I'm going to put myself on automatic delivery.