This cool sweet and non biting mixture of golden tobaccos is lightly flavored with a natural casing of, would you believe, Grape and scotch whiskey... Fabulous flavor and aroma!

BrandWatch City Cigar
Strength
Taste

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (88)

This blend is well worth a try. It's not everyday you come across an aromatic flavored with GRAPE and whiskey. To tell the truth, I thought the grape/whiskey combo would be terrible.

You can definitely smell a bit of grape in the bag. The tobacco is fine ribbon cut of burley and virginias. Apparently, due to the stoving process I did not experience any tongue bite. The tabacky smoked smooth and cool. I enjoy it because it is NOT a "candy" flavored smoke. It smells and tastes sweet but not perfumy. The casings/flavoring do not overpower the tobaccos. I can't say I taste grape when I smoke it but there is a hint of whiskey taste.

An interesting aromatic for someone who likes tobacco as the dominant flavor. Reminds me a bit of Peterson Irish whiskey. Probably not a good aromatic for someone starting out.

Adrian B. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adrian B. (5)

I grabbed a pouch of this on a whim, because grapes and scotch whiskey got me curious. How can this possibly be any good?

Well, it ain't bad to be honest. It's a VA, burley based tobacco and when opening the pouch you can definitely smell the grape and also the scotch, though the scotch seemed somewhat subdued to me. There was VA grassiness in there too.

Initial light I got some burley nuttiness and sweetness. The sweet taste lasted throughout the smoke, the nuttiness seemed to come and go. The scotch taste is there, but very subdued. Comes across as just a slight smokiness that might make you think there is some Latakia in the blend, which there is not. I didn't get any of the grape taste at all until near the end of the bowl, then it came in quite clearly.

I also noticed a sort of odd whiff of mustiness now and then. It wasn't unpleasant, but I've not noticed it in any other blends I've smoked so I'm not sure where it comes from.

All in all a decent smoke. It's the way I like my aros, tobacco flavor predominates and the added flavorings acting as an accent. Worth a shot; you can get it from the Watch City Cigar website.

Pipe Used: Cobs

Purchased From: Watch City Cigar Co.