An aromatic with a great aroma and room note that will remind you of Grandma's cobblers.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

3.4
PaulLundblad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PaulLundblad (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I got a chance to visit the Boswell store in January, and apart from an excellent experience and an excellent pipe, I picked up an ounce of his most recommended tobacco - Berry Cobbler. I was led to the jar, took off the lid to check it out, and I was barrelled over by this very sweet and intoxicating aroma. I packed a meerschaum pipe with it to get the most natural taste and noticed a few things:

1) Very sweet fruity taste, but as the smoke goes on I noticed a very distinctly tobacco aftertaste in my mouth, and smell on my clothes. That is exactly what this tobacco is - a combination of very sweet fruity taste with classic tobacco taste.

2) The room note is phenomenal. If you like people to follow you around while you smoke your pipe because they can't get enough of how it smells, this is by far the best smelling stuff I have.

3) This is NOT goopy at all. The tobacco is a perfect consistency to the touch - no goopy oils on your hands, not too dry, not to moist. When I finish a bowl of berry cobbler it burns completely to ash - no tiny wet remains.

4) The strength of this tobacco is more to the mild side than medium. The nicotine kick after a full bowl is enough for a little relaxer, but it doesn't leave me with that completely mellowed out feeling that some other stronger blends do. However, this will be different per person.

Over all this is definitely an excellent aromatic. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of trying it. It can be ordered over the phone from the Boswell store. Check them out at http://www.boswellpipes.com.

matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Lacking in taste but one of the best room notes I've sampled

Berry Cobbler is probably the best overall berry flavored blend I have yet tried. That being said, there are plenty more out there and I think I will keep searching for a better one.

In the bag, this blend smells as you would expect from the berry part of the name. Berry notes a-plenty but no pronounced spice notes to indicate a baked good like a cobbler. The tobacco blend is slightly higher on burley then the darker Cavendish which does give me the visual impression of the berry cobbler name.

I didn't find berry cobbler to be as mild as most other reviewers indicate. It had a respectable bite to it as well as a bit of a warm burn. No gurgle and effortless smoking without need for relighting. Also a solid length of smoking time which is one of my key attributes to a good pipe tobacco. About 45 minutes of smoking time from one bowl.

The taste was the most disappointing given the aromatic moniker. I didn't pick up any of the berry flavor in smoking this blend. Not a very strong flavor of tobacco either. Very bland tasting blend.

The room note is where this blend has it's best moments. Very sweet and pleasant as if a berry pie was being baked close by. Again no noticeable spice notes so the cobbler name doesn't really stick well at any stage of the experience. Berry pie would be a better name in my opinion. Yet despite this the room note from berry cobbler is the best I have so far experienced from an aromatic.

Another drawback is a soapy flavor that sets in several minutes after finishing the bowl. One of my least favorite attributes to any pipe tobacco but at least it doesn't show up till the very end. I have had to throw out pipes because the soapy flavor hits immediately and corrupts the pipe. Very good lesson learned as to the importance of having corn cobs at the ready for first time smokes.

I absolutely love the room note from berry cobbler. I just don't think it is enough to dismiss the very dull smoking flavor and the soapy mouth aftertaste. Over forty minutes of smoking is another plus but there are other blends that will give you a longer smoke while also giving you a pleasant and unique flavor throughout and no soap mouth. Pennsylvania Dutch Treat still remains my top Boswell aromatic blend overall.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend I feel has too much different fruit flavor going on with not one specific fruit flavor. The room note is not as attractive as Raspberry Cream according to non-smokers. I personally prefer a blend with one specific flavor. Nothing spectacular.

Justso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Justso (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

One of my all time favorite tobaccos. JM Boswell has mastered this crowd-pleasing aromatic. This was my first ever smoke and it will always be in the rotation.

Berry Cobbler is ribbon cut and pleasently attractive in the pouch. The pouch note is very fruity and enticing. The colors range from light golden brown to dark black cavendish. From the first light, Berry Cobbler burns easy, stays lit and does not goop up your bowl. From start to finish, it burns evenly and forms a nice white ash. The taste runs from sweet & fruity to rich & creamy, but is not overbearing. The aftertaste is very mild, but will remind you that you were smoking a fruity blend.

If you are looking for a crowd pleaser, this is it. I have had people stop dead in their tracks to ask me what's in the bowl. Around the holidays, it will make you lots of friends and the wife rating has to be an A+.

JM has outdone himself with this blend and gauging by their reported sales of this blend, everyone agrees that Berry Cobbler is a fantastic blend sure to please any smoker.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Pleasant

Berry Cobbler is an attractive tobacco in the pouch, with medium and darker browns interspersed with black cavendish cubes. The pouch aroma is sweet, with hints of chocolate in the background. Upon lighting, one detects a sweetness coming from the cavendish tobaccos with the whiskey topping providing support without being overbearing. About halfway down, the flavor is still dominated by the cavendish, with hints of burley now peeking through. Further down, more burley asserts itself, although the smoke is still sweet. For an aromatic, it has a good burn rate and requires minimal relights. The room note will make you friends, even among non-smokers.

B.C. distinguishes itself from most aromatics by its' great taste and superior burn. It's obvious that J.M. has been at this a while, and knows how to put together the correct combination of tobaccos. He is also a pipe smoker who likes aromatics and it shows in this blend. This one easily makes my list of top three aromatics and is highly recommended for aromatic smokers.

Polaris82 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Polaris82 (14)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is what a pipes smokers dreams are made of! Ive had several ounces cellared away since 2010 and come back to it on occasion. Boswells Pen Dutch Treat and Berry Cobbler are in my opinion not an every day smoke! These are just to good for that. But New Years Eve I couldn't stay away from it and had several bowls. I do not consider myself an aro smoker but Berry Cobbler is just to good of a blend not to at least have some stored away for a rainy day! Ive said it once, ill say it again, Boswells does aromatic's right! Quatro Estrellas!(4 stars) The smell!!!!Oh the smell!!!

Pipe Used: Vintage Amphora

Purchased From: Boswells pipes and cigars

musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Berry cobbler is much like the other aromatic Boswell blends. Every boswell tobacco I have ever had the pleasure of smoking is consistent on many fronts. The quality is always apparent, the taste is good, the room note is better, and there is very little tongue bite if any.

Beery cobbler seems to be one of Boswells more popular blends and I can see why. The subtle hint of fruit in the pipe really is prevalent in the room note. There is no tongue bite that I can detect. My one small complaint is that this tobacco was a little goopy, but that is to be expected from a pipe tobacco in this genre. Very nice blend.

Pipe Used: Designer Berlin sandblasted billiard

Age When Smoked: Purchased 2008

ah1502 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ah1502 (6)

I wanted to like this. Anytime I have different experiences from others I always wonder about myself. However, I just couldn't get into this. It was like the berry flavor wasn't intense enough but then neither was the tobacco taste. It did burn well even though the tobacco seemed incredibly moist. I'll try it again soon...

McKNooB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
McKNooB (34)

One of two JMBs I've tried. Open the bag and breathe. A truly amazing aroma. I'm new to pipe smoking and I get the anti-aromatic movement out there but forgive me my slow (and deliberate) transition to the English side of life.

Was initially concerned with the sweetness, thought it might burn very hot and very fast. But it didn't. I did notice (initially) a gurgle after the half way mark but remedied easily by preparing the Stanwell and letting it sit for a moment before lighting.

I've had luck lighting this one and find it to burn consistently. There are a lot of Canadian fans of Boswell stuff. Careful to check your bowl upon completion for potential (heavier than others) moisture. Love it. And so does the War Department!!

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (110)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I thought I would get a variety of aromatics from Boswell, and I started off with this one. Now, if you dislike aromatics, you would probably want to stay away from this blend; its berry taste and aroma are pronounced. But the flavor is really great and it does not bite at all. Four aromatic stars.

Govern Yourself Accordingly!

Adirondack Wayfarer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adirondack Wayfarer (5)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm on a bit of a quest to find the ideal berry-oriented tobacco. So far, this is in the lead.

Of the three Boswell aromatics which I've tried so far (Christmas Cookie, Raspberry Cream, Berry Cobbler), this is my favorite. Compared to the Raspberry Cream, it has a significantly more flavorful taste, bag smell, and room note. Also, in the same comparison, this tobacco is more mild (what I prefer for an aromatic), leaving much less of that cigarette/ash-tray aftertaste in your mouth. This blend rocks, could smoke it all day.

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)

Berry Cobbler is a good smoke, though it smells better than it tastes. Unburnt it smells better than any aromatic I've ever tried. The smell is delicious and I was really expecting a more pronounced berry taste. However, the sweet taste I was hoping for didn't come through as expected. I think this blend would be a 4 star blend if there was less burley and more cavendish.

FTF13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FTF13 (9)

Not bad if you like very sweet tasting tobaccos --- just not what I was looking for in a all day smoke,,, too sweet for me..... Still nevertheless , not bad if you like sweet flavorful smokes.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Berry Cobbler and Christmas Cookie may be Boswell's two most aromatic blends, in terms of pouch scent…which is pleasant in itself, though cloying even to the nose, and a bit of a red flag.

Some of Boswell's other aromatics, such as Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, maintain a clean tobacco taste, and limit the chemical nastiness, and give hints of flavor that are true to scent. Unfortunately, Berry Cobbler (along with Christmas Cookie) is not like that, but more like a typical aromatic, which tastes very little like it smells, and leaves a chemical nastiness in your mouth.

Boswell has some truly stellar tobaccos (No Bite Delite is their best), but IMO, this is not one of them. It's no worse than a run-of-the-mill aromatic, but no better, either. Like them, the taste left in the mouth has some very undesirable dimensions.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Medium Medium to Strong Overwhelming Very Pleasant

dank berry taste with a touch of spice ,def.a once a day treat smells like it taste, taste leaves a berry cobbler during and after room note smells like sweet bakery a must try

beau.sample Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beau.sample (1)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Without a doubt, a truly scrumptious tobacco. The aroma from the jar is almost mouth-watering; seriously smells like cobbler in the oven! It smokes well- mannered and without bite when you invest some time. The room note smells more like a scented candle than a tobacco. Your wife may even thank you. I've never smoked a blend this flavorful and generally enjoyable. Four stars!

piperookie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
piperookie (21)

Ok.This was the first Boswell blend i have ever smoked. The thing is that it is an overwhelming liquer-taste smoke. (Yes to me it tastes like brandy). This unfortunately can scare off those who can't tolerate heavy aromatic casings. Be careful this might also bite, but only if you smoke it too fast.

TexasTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TexasTobacco (7)

This tobacco is one of my favorite aromatics. It makes a beautiful room note, and smokes cool. If you are a fan of aromatics, you have gotta try this!

akathedstnguishdgntlmn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
akathedstnguishdgntlmn (5)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Another dry/sweet aromatic from Boswell. Kinda like a fizzy wine cooler. All in all BERRY NICE SMOKE! :)

eaglessj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
eaglessj (5)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

After smoking many drug store aromatics and being very dissatisfied I came across a forum post on Boswells tobaccos. So I thought I would give them a shot and boy am I glad I did. I ordered, berry cobbler, rasberry cream and peaches and cream.

While I do enjoy berry cobbler nothing tops Boswells Raspberry Cream or their Christmas cookie. Amazing to say the least.

WWW.INFOWARS.COM - Demand Freedom!

Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I'm not that big a fan of the fruit flavoured aromatics, and much prefer the vanilla's and caramel's (dessert type flavouring). This one however, is quite enjoyable. It's a light smoke that has a very noticable berry flavour that almost made me want to inhale. I found it smokes a little wet, and for best results let the tobacco sit outside of the bag for about 15-20 minutes before packing. Love Boswell's and definitely love the price.

Ronnstein Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ronnstein (11)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Strong

This blend was WAY too much for me. Too sweet and heavy, if you really like aromatics you may enjoy it, but I actually ended up throwing out most of the 2oz. bag I got.

ZenSmoker916 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ZenSmoker916 (5)
Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

They could have called this one "Berry Blast" (if that's not already taken). The berry just hits you! Light cavendish flavor in the background, but mostly blackberry/blueberry. I found it to be very enjoyable, but I could see how some might not. There is little or no bite, and mine smoked very cool. I did notice that the room note lingered for quite a while, so make sure you like it enough to want it around.

Kokinhenik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kokinhenik (39)
Mild Medium Medium Overwhelming

This is a contrary review. I can't stand this stuff due to it's overwhelming perfume candle like scent. I'm a big fan of Boswell in general but this is my least favorite aromatic tobacco. I will be the first to admit it's a personal thing. The smell of this tobacco reminds me of an elderly ladies house, where I once had a very unpleasant stay, when I was a kid. Man she loved her scented candles. Now, I can't even smell the Berry Cobbler bag without a gag and the smell totally comes through in the smoke. If you're like me, and you can't stand the smell of heavy perfume scented candles, you will hate this stuff.

P.S. This is MY review for this tobacco review forum. This is a forum to give your personal review. It doesn't have to be positive. You don't have to be a connoisseur of the blend type. You don't have to be a connoisseur of tobacco or tobacco smoking. You don't have to be in any particular "context". You just have to be honest when writing about the context of your experience smoking this tobacco.

BRK Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BRK (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Berry Cobbler is simply amazing! This is one of my absolute favorite aromatics - and I smoke a lot of that stuff! Everytime I open a bag of berry cobbler I simply what to dive into it! And the actual smoking experience is just as satisfying. Every puff is pure pleasure - and the room note is to die for!

In fact I have had so many compliments on the room note when I smoke this tobacco in public - even from complete strangers and hard core non-smokers too, and they simply love that stuff.

Berry Cobbler is a must for anyone who loves aromatics! It is a truly masterful blend!

Get some!

smokeymountainmike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeymountainmike (10)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Boswells, in my opinion, blends some of the best flavored tobaccos in the industry. So many blends claim to be "Berry flavored" but when you try them, it's more like "Robitusin cough syrup". Boswells seems to have gotten it right with all of there berry flavored blends, and the raspberry blend is a real treat as is this one. A fine after dinner smoke.

smoke dog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoke dog (10)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

i just recieved an order from the Boswells, which consisted of 5 tobaccos and an incredible pipe. one of the 5 was berry cobler. this tobacco is extremely flavorful without the over powering sweetness of alot of other aromatics. it tastes like the name says, berry like and a bit of a baked pie crust flavor. it doesnt seem to be overly cased and still has a nice tobacco flavor as well.it leaves a great flavor in the mouth after the smoke and the room note is fantastic. it is a light blend with little nicotine kick and smokes cool without a trace of bite. do yourself a favor and call Boswells shop and get some asap!! a masterful blend.

Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I am reviewing this soley as an aromatic tobacco with no bearing to other forms of tobacco. As an aromatic, it is truely wonderful. It has a lot of flavoring with low tongue bite. The flavoring unlike most aromatics actually can be tasted quite easily while smoking and it tastes just like it smells; like blueberries.

This is simply the best smelling aromatic I have ever tried. The room note is amazing, the room smelled better after the smoke than before, which is unusual because with most aromatics it seems smokey. I actually did not want to open up a window, it smelled so nice.

Kyrob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kyrob (21)

I bought a few ounces of Boswell's Berry Cobbler a couple of months ago, and got around to giving it a go this week. Upon inspection the color brown seemed to dominate with a good mixing of the black cavendish providing contrast. The strong scent of mixed fruit jam hit me upon opening, and this tobacco was in need of some drying out.

After letting it dry a bit, the first unlit sip brought the jam flavor along with it, as did the initial light. The flavoring never really burned off as I progressed down the bowl, it only became fainter. This tobacco burned hot for me no matter how I changed my puffing rhythm. I just couldn't seem to get along with it at all. There was not noticeable aftertaste and it left a superb room note just as advertised as it turned to a white ash. The room note indeed reminded me of fruit cobblers baking.

This tobacco burned a bit too hot for me as I mentioned, and the flavoring was not strong enough for my tastes. The flavoring was just noticeable enough after burning mostly off to detract from the taste of the tobacco. I probably will not be buying more of this, though I adore other Boswell offerings. Anyone who likes a simple aromatic will probably enjoy this more than I did.

Puffalopopus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffalopopus (1)

A very nice blend that smokes well down to the bottom of the heel. The Berry flovor is light but there. A nice room note that should please others. Not my favorite BB, but still a very nice smoke.

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I got 4 ounces of this last year and jarred it. I smoked a few bowls last month and a few last night... loved it. It is pleasant with no after taste. The room note is great, smells like a bakery. Burns nice with no bite. Has a hint of citrus taste but it works well. Goes great with a cold glass of diet Doctor Pepper. Will buy and jar more of this.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the epitome of aromatic smokes as fas as I'm concerned. I enjoy the entire spectrum of tobaccos, aromtics included.

You don't go searching for an aromatic smoke to taste the tobacco base of Virginia, burley, etc, but to find a change of pace. Aromatics are not meant to be complex, full bodied or heady, so don't knock them when you go knocking on a door no one lives behind.

I don't know how the Boswell's incoperated real berries in here, and you would have a hard time convincing me there isn't real fruit in here. Yes, it's that good.

If you can resist the temptation to actually injest this, fill a bowl and relax. You'll enjoy the ride.

I have yet to attempt a drink pairing with this blend as I do in all my reviews, but check back soon.

Update 9/11 Even stored in a sealed jar, the flavor disappears within weeks to leave only a base tobacco blend. Very disappointed.

Tee-dub Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tee-dub (48)
Extremely Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I can't decide whether to give this zero stars, or three. So I'll compromise and give it two.

First, the good: it does smell wonderful and, unlike most aromatics, the aroma and flavors match. It smells and tastes of berries and caramel. I would recommend this tobacco to a beginner, for its light sweetness and its forgiving smoking qualities.

That said, I would not recommend it to anyone else. It's so mild there's really nothing left other than the casing. A first time smoker could puff away on this without coughing. That's fine if you're a first time smoker, but not if you aren't.

SmoothSmokin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmoothSmokin (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

As tasty as these Boswell blends are they definitely smoke a little warm and wet. This one if packed well and you don't push it has a satisfying coolness to it however. The room note is a definite crowd pleaser; the casing is present but not too strong.

Its a good aromatic, those of you who enjoy full bodied flakes and robust English blends may find it too "dull" as the mixture of tobaccos is not overly complex.

The taste at the beginning is the same as the middle and end. This is not a blend to focus on the uniqueness of the tobaccos, but a great smoke none the less.

My favorite aromatic and it is always what i reach for when i need a nice simple & pleasant smoke. This blend is probably only 3 star quality when compared to ALL tobaccos but if your a fan of aromatics its a definite must try. Four stars because no matter how you put it...its always good!

TheSmokinDragon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheSmokinDragon (56)

BC is a GREAT aro, lots of that BC taste throughout the bowl...Boswell makes some of the best aros I have smoked, no chem-taste, bite, etc. If you want a change from regular Vs and English rotation grab some of this blend...if you like Berry because it has great berry flavor

marosi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marosi (47)
Extremely Mild Strong Mild Pleasant

My experience with Boswell aromatics (and their blends in general) truly underscores the need to evaluate a blend within the context of its type, and not against some personal standard that may have no relevance to the mixture in question. It is ridiculous to start a review with "I hate aromatics, but I reviewed this aromatic blend anyway, found it to indeed be an aromatic, and therefore give it one star."

In this case, the critical factor to keep in mind is that Boswell blends these tobaccos to be extremely mild in nature. My experience is that they are truly mild in every sense. You are not going to experience any significant jolt of nicotine, and while the odor may be strong, the flavor on the tongue is certainly not. Now personally, I am not a huge fan of overly mild tobaccos. I like big strong blasts of tobacco flavor, and you are not going to get that here. I have not, therefore, rated this in relation to some absence of strength, as they are blended for mildness, and definitely achieve that goal. If you want a super mild aromatic blend, this is a blend to consider.

The tobacco itself is very attractive, and displays a mixture of what appears to be burley, cavendish, and virginias. It is obviously heavily cased, and the smell from the bag is very strong, and appealing if you like berry flavor. If you do not, then you are an idiot for buying something called berry cobbler, and deserve what you get.

This tobacco. as others have noted, can smoke a little hot if puffed without regard. What I have found is that it is very sensitive to the level of moisture when smoked. The first bowl of this was taken straight from the bag to the bowl, as I was impatient, and the smoke was hot, with little flavor. This was my fault, and not the tobacco's. A pet peeve of mine is when I read a review that considers tobacco moisture from the tin as a valid criteria for review. Pipe tobaccos in general must be stored at a humidity level which is greater than that which is optimal for smoking. I find no fault with Boswell that this tobacco, like 99% of all others, requires some drying out before it gives up it best smoking experience.

With that said, upon drying until it is dry to the touch, but not bone dry, you receive an entirely different smoking experience. It smokes much cooler, burns more evenly, and most importantly, has a richer, fuller flavor. I found this to include the berry casing, and some vanilla/caramel component which was very pleasant. The tobacco flavor is nominal in this blend, but I expect that this is what most aromatic smokers are looking for in the first place. I smoke aromatics when my wife is around, and I want to be able to get through a pipe while avoiding significant drama about how i am trying to drive her out of the house, etc. She loved the smell of this blend, so mission accomplished!

Once you get it lit, it burns evenly and well, and relights require little drama or tongue damage. Overall a very nice aromatic smoke. I find that it smokes cooler than Devil's Holiday, another berry blast blend, with a little less tobacco flavor, but more of the topping coming through if smoked slowly.

One thing I did notice is that there is sometimes a funky berry aftertaste which is different, and dare I say more artificial, than the initial very smell and taste. Boswell indicated to me that they use all natural casings and flavorings, and I take them at their word. One can imagine, however, that many things change when you light them on fire, so perhaps this is what is happening here with the berry flavor. When smoked at a high moisture level this aftertaste was more noticeable and intrusive. When the tobacco is allowed to dry, I noticed it more in the first half of the bowl, and nowhere near as frequently. The second half of the bowl is fuller, richer, and overall very enjoyable, and the caramel (to me) essence still keeps coming through.

These are nice aromatics, and to me very much in keeping with the American tradition of aromatic pipe tobacco. They do not look, smoke, or taste like a Danish or English aromatic, and that is pretty cool. So why two stars? That aftertaste, which I noticed in every bowl that I smoked to one degree or another. Palates are as individual as snowflakes, however, so I would recommend that you try this one for yourself to see how it hits you.

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)

I may be liking this more than it's brother(christmas cookie) because it is milder in nicotine and smoother in taste.

Yes, this is my favorite Boswell and my favorite tobacco overall. This is the best smoke I've found but the search continues.

Joe77 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joe77 (1)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am new to (pipe) smoking, so here is a review from a newb. I was overwhelmingly pleased with this tobacco. My experience began with a "wow" when I whiffed it from the package and ended with a "wow" at the end of the day when I could still taste it's sweet flavor/after taste. I sampled this blend around 12:00 noon and at 12:00 midnight; I could still lick my lips and taste it. To some this may be undesirable, but I am thoroughly impressed.

Many of the other reviews reciprocate my sentiment. The tobacco smoked like it smelled in the bag and the room note matched superbly. Its a bit of a thick sweetness, but not sickening sweet or thick. I have tried maybe 8-10 other blends from various places and by far like this one the most as a "special occasion" blend. The "wife note" on this blend was decent as well.

Living in Oklahoma, I had to order this tobacco to try out. To get the best bang for my buck, I ordered 10 different blends, but more on those later.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (64)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

Boswell best blend IMO. Very mild but not too mild as say an all blacck cavendish blend. You can actually taste the tobacco flavor as it mingles with the cobbler spices. Especially nice on relights and you can smoke half a bowl, relight in the morning and it will taste as good as when you put the bowl down.

As a side note if you would like to order a boswell pipe you just have to call them and ask what pipes they have in stock. The pipes they list on the website are their more expensive pipes and sell out as soon as they are updated but i have purchased four pipes just by calling. They always have many at the shop that are not listed and will look through the inventory to find a shape/finish that will suit your taste.

Pipetech26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipetech26 (5)
Extremely Mild Medium Very Mild Tolerable to Strong

If you like aromatics you most likely will enjoy this. For my money I like Raspberry Cream better but to each their own.

CornCobBob61 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCobBob61 (10)

THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR WHEN I STARTED SMOKING PIPES:)I love aromatics and this is the best of the best.Great pouch smell like sniffing a bakery.I was born with no sinuses on one side of my nose so most of the time my nose is stopped up.This smells so good even I can enjoy it.The room note is what heaven must smell like.The taste is like the after taste from eating a blueberry pie.Two thumbs up Boswell has a masterpiece here.

The Layman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Layman (9)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

If you love Berry Cobbler, then this tobacco is no doubt the king of aromatics and I don't say this lightly. This is by far my favorite aromatic as it just has it all. Great pouch smell, terrific room note, and a taste that matches. Too often you have an aromatic that smells absolutely great in the pouch, but then falls far of the mark when you put it in your pipe. Boswells really created a masterpiece with this! The taste actually matches the wonderful smell you notice in the pouch with virtually no bite. As far as room note, anyone who isn't a pipe smoker will actually comment on how great this smells. My wife tells me it smells like a bakery! This is usually what I put in my travel pouch when I smoke in public as you are guaranteed not to make any enemies and more than a few friends. If you love aromatics or smoke them from time to time, this is really worth checking out. Stay away from it though if you don't like the sweet stuff!

morphijuana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morphijuana (17)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Excellent aromatic. The flavor comes through in a delicious smooth way. Highly suggest trying this blend.

Hiram Briar 23 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hiram Briar 23 (12)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

i highly recomend this to aromatic lovers. which i am not. im an english blend guy but i like to branch out and keep things interesting.

the room note is either very pleasant or overwhelming.

in the pouch it smells like a nutrigrain bar or fruity fruity fruity whatever. it definitely smells more like something to eat than something to smoke!

the smoke is potent and lingers long after the bowl is finished... long after, actually very long after.

boswell is a casing master no doubt!

dont use your pipe designated for english or virginian blends with this, you will mess up your cake. use a separate pipe for aromatics. i would even say if you have two pipes for aromatics smoke this with a fruit blend pipe and have a separate pipe for things like vanilla or cinnamon or whathaveyou because all you will taste for a while is berry cobbler.

my wife hates this stuff. i smoke indoors and usually avoid aromatics. she loves the smell of english tobaccos and tolerates my Christmas Cookie blend if i mix it with some Latakia or other english blends.

i cant believe im writing this much.

Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Aromatic lovers will have a worship service for this blend. I heard so much about it that when offered a little I accepted. Yes, I pretty much ruined a good Virginia flake pipe by ghosting the peewaddle out of the poor thing with this Boswell blend, but hey, there's always more pipes.

Sweet and lightly flavorful with absolutely no punch. It burned easily and a little hot and left a bit of goo in the bottom of the bowl.

Not my cup of tea but I can sure see where my aromatic brothers (and sisters), of the briar might eat this up. I darn near did so myself it smelled so good.

Ben.Reilly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ben.Reilly (2)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Great smoke, from start to finish! Room note is fantastic, and the flavoring comes through with every puff. Great after dinner smoke!

Capt. Cavendish Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt. Cavendish (21)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

How this stuff averages four stars is beyond me. This stuff is all room note with nothing to back it up.

pipe-smokers.net Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe-smokers.net (5)

The aroma after opening the bag of tobacco was distinctly, and unsurprisingly berryish (if that's a word). After inspecting this tobacco's and all of the Boswell's I received it is clear that this is a top quality tobacco, with a great flavor that unlike most aromatics actually tastes like it smells. It's very mild, and would would be a great all day smoke. Room note is superb, perhaps the best I've ever experienced. It lights great, and burns evenly, but it does leave behind the wet gunk in the bottom of the bowl. For a heavily cased aromatic it's not too bad on the tongue. Overall I really enjoy berry cobbler, perhaps edging out Peterson's Sunset Breeze for my favorite aromatic. I am most defiantly looking forward to trying the rest of these Boswell blends.

Barnsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Barnsworth (1)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Oh my, oh my. Just a wonderful smoke for me. Not sickening sweet at all but just a very mild pleasant taste and aroma. Absolutely recommended in my book. I'll be going back to Boswell's to get some more of this!

christopherbaxter735 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
christopherbaxter735 (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Unnoticeable

Holy SMOKES!!! As others have said, I didn't know if I should smoke it or eat it!! This stuff if WONDERFUL!! If you like aromatics, then you simply must get some of this!! For me, it started out "very berry," and then proceeded in layers... Berry, then fine tobacco, then back to berry and so on... Simply delicious... No bite whatsoever... The wife said, "now THAT is what pipe tobacco is supposed to smell like!" I don't smoke indoors, but she came outside to sit and talk while basking in the wonderful aroma of this fine tobacco from the wonderful folks at Boswell... And the sun goes down on another great smoke...

tramroad28 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tramroad28 (26)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

OK....but smoked hot for me....seemed spicy.

Less of everything compared to Xmas Cookie, to me.

Probably can't go wrong with it but you can go better.

Ozzie_dad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ozzie_dad (7)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I loved this blend from Boswell's. Out of the bag it smells like a fruity nutrigrain bar. Once lit it filled the room with a pleasant berry like smell. I love the Boswell blends because they are not too sweet and they dont have a nasty artificial taste to them. Hints of berry and spices hit you throughout the bowl. The smoke is very smooth and is very mild in taste. This tobacco is great for relaxing after dinner.

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)

This is a great berry aromatic. Fine quality tobacco, nice berry flavor drifts in and out throughout the bowl as it is smoked down. Room note is superb and trace aroma on clothes/hair is very pleasant, with perhaps a hint of buttercreme. It lights and smokes very well, although this blend will leave wet gunk in the bottom of the bowl, and can gurgle if you push it hard. As a result I only enjoy half a bowl at a time. Seems to do noticeably better with straight-stemmed pipes, as well. Easy on the tongue unless really overpuffed. No chemically weirdness here, and it is not particularly sweet. Tobacco taste is very mild and smooth, and does not overly linger in the mouth afterward. A great fruit-forward aromatic that will thrill anyone within sniffing distance of your chin-chimney. Mild and interesting enough to enjoy anytime, not just an evening/dessert pipe. If you're on the fence about, or unfamiliar with, aromatics, this one is worth a shot. Be sure to keep it sealed up tightly in multiple baggies or better yet in a sealed jar, to keep the berry qualities in tact. Three stars.

rramstad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rramstad (115)

I do not typically like aromatics. This is an exception. It has a very pleasant aroma of chocolate when lit. It has very little, if any, bite. It burns well and does not leave goop.

I am giving it three stars because I would certainly buy it if I was looking for this sort of thing, but am not giving it four stars because there isn't enough strength or body to the tobacco to make me actively seek it out.

Seems quite similar to Uhle's Hunt Club, at least from memory.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)

Absolutely love this stuff!!! Wife hates tobacco smell but she really likes the beautiful aroma that this blend leaves in the room. Draw is smooth as a baby's butt with no bite whatsoever. Just recieved Christmas Cookie, Pom Holiday, and Raspberry Cream today and can't wait to try them. Calms the savage beast - must have for any smoker.

Bigmikewithapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigmikewithapipe (9)

Berry Blend from Boswell is a great smoke! I was expecting a big burst of berry and pie flavors from it. It was milder than I thought, almost very mild, and not that too sweet at all. It is a great smoke though, don't get me wrong. It just didn't blow me away. It is however very aromatic and my wife loves the smell! So, for that reason alone I would buy more of it. Mild tasting, slight sweetness, very aromatic. That about somes it up. One thing I can say is that Boswell's quality is very good, I hardly ever get any bite with their tobaccos. Keep up the good work!

BriarBreather Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBreather (8)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The only problem I have with this blend is that I don't have a jar big enough to hold all I am going to buy of it!!! Very rich and sweet taste to this blend. I would dry it for a day first before smoking it again....then it will be perfect. It has a wonderfull roomnote, and it tastes like it smells. To find a blend like this makes a pipe smokers day!! In this world of not so pleasant aromatic tobacco, this is a breath of fresh(berry) air!! I tried this and christmas cookie from Boswell's and I gotta tell you I will be putting their phone number in my speed dial! Great company to deal with and a wonderful pipe maker as well.

pipesmoker33 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipesmoker33 (5)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

By far my favorite Bosewll Blend. Burns very cool with no bite at all. It does burn kinda wet and will gunk the pipe, but it's worth it.

Mr.Dark Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr.Dark (9)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

As with the reviewer below me, this really is one of my favorites. And I can see why Boswell is so very popular.

The flavoring comes through with such little heat that it almost seemed surreal. And despite the strong presence of the flavoring, the tobacco came through in a very complimentary manner. Does leave the gunk though. Watch the pipe you are going to use.

Hopkins1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hopkins1 (7)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

If you are looking to smoke an aromatic to please a crowd this is it.

I have smoked nearly 100 aromatic blends, and for some reason, this blend holds true to the most compliments in a day. There is something about the casing of this tobacco compared to cherry or raspberry blends that just does it. If you smell this tobacco next to cherry smash also by boswell, they are nearly identical, but ask any bystander which one smells better...and they will surely pick Berry Cobbler.

This can however leave a bit of gunk in the bowl, so make sure to dedicate an aromatic pipe to this blend, but surely one of the best aromatics around.

Nickandhispipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nickandhispipe (4)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Absolutely loved this blend from Boswell's. Lit well, smoked cool, and smelled/tasted delicious. Very pleased with this tobacco and I will always keep this in rotation.

Ismokeadapipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ismokeadapipe (21)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

After trying several bowls of this blend in various corn cobs as well as my good pipes; drying it out and smoking it straight from the bag...here is my review:

Strength: Little to no strength, very mild on all levels NO TONGUE BITE what-so-ever.

Flavoring: This blend is amazing on the flavoring scale. The Master Blenders at Boswell really make this taste and smell like Berry Cobbler out of the oven. This is a blend that I have at least 2-3 times a week. When you gotta have it, it delivers.

Room Note: Phenomenal seal of approval on the room note department. The room note changes through the bowl and dances out this wonderful spice aroma.

Taste: Take Mom's berry cobbler...and imagine smoking it.

Recommendation: This will always be on hand at my tobacco station ready to satisfy my cobbler cravings...Highly Recommended.

I find that every time I smoke this blend that it gets better and better and I can sense little nuances that I never noticed before. Just another Masterful Blend from Boswell.

Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a rich and creamy smoke and does smell great. It burns well but I disagree with others, it left a lot of gunk in my pipe and after one bowl of this my pipe cleaner was very full of gunk. But...this is true of most aromatics with casing like this. Not bad enough to keep me from enjoying it though. I got a blackberry like flavor from this and best of all, no vanilla taste. It also was very nice and rich from start to finish, it did not have to burn half a bowl before the flavor jumps out. I really do think Boswells is good with casing their aromatics but I wish they were not all the same ribbon cut. This would be great if it was a rough cut or a larger ribbon. But, I will definitely enjoy smoking the rest of this, I think I will try mixing it with a burley or some of the blander blends I've been trying lately as this one does have the ability to stand up as a flavor mixer. Overall one of the better aromatics.

earlr1957 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
earlr1957 (8)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Just got it today. Moist content perfect, easy to lite and stay lit. Does not burn hot. Very little casing taste. Aroma I have no complaints from my daughter or wife. After smoking it I threw away Altadis Blends.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)

Another good aromatic Boswell tobacco.When this tobacco is fresh it smells great in the bag, pipe ,and air.After going back to it a few weeks later, the smell is still nice, but it tends to lose the berry flavoring in the pipe.Now the flavoring is more of an nutty/leathery taste with a faint berry sometimes cherry taste and smell.I think the Raspberry Cream is better for the fact the flavoring last longer.Both a worth the try and non- smokers will enjoy the aroma.However if you get Berry Cobbler smoke it while it's fresh and you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Yet another tasty blend from J.M. Boswell. The scent of this in the bag is really nice and it's equally as nice in a briar. It didn't bite at all and wasn't gooey. Nice moisture content, no need to let it sit out. At times I tasted raspberry, other times cherry and other times tasty tobacco. The room note was great, very fragrant. This is a close second to their Christmas Cookie in the race for my favorite aromatic. This is a delight to smoke.

Foggy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Foggy (1)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Berry Cobbler is a wonderful blend on which I receive many compliments (from perfect strangers even). This tobacco packs easily and lights well enough but only stays lit with some attention. Boswell does a bang-up job with this aromatic and practically bite-free house warmer and Berry Cobbler will maintain a permanent place in my winter rotation.

XavierMouser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
XavierMouser (6)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

this one isn't bad. great in the bag, and not too shabby in the pipe.

I love my churchwarden, and i had no problem burning this in it without running a test pipe first.

i grabed 4oz of this on friday, i'm happy with it...didn't inflame the ol'lady, i've yet to find a good drink to go with it, would love some ideas.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a pretty solid berry blend, it has a great room note and smokes nice and easy.

MasterBlaster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MasterBlaster (3)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Who cares if your wife likes the smoke...really, who gives a flying crap if she does. Don't believe a damn one of these reviews that say they're wives loves the smell of your smoke. I've already lost two wives over this habit and am working on a third !!!!

Enough about your wife !!!

Boswell's Over-rated, weak and tatseless. The Northwoods is nice though(non-aromatic).

The description as I have discovered with the Boswell's is far different than the product results. I just recieved a pack from them which contained five tobaccos: Northwoods; Paradise; Berry Cobbler; Rasberry Cream; Pom Holiday. Of all I tried, the Pom Holiday was the most pleasant to smell and taste (which wasn't much better). All of the others produced very weak flavor with a pronounced, poor burn. They burned very hot, you know... and bitter and acidic.

They must be paying for the good reviews (which some do)...what a crock. My advice is to try as many different brands as you can and narrow it down to three incredible blends...but this Boswell's is poop. Lane Limited since 1890...BCA...OMG...what an amazing bowl this is. Rich, creamy and FULL of flavor.

ProfessorShak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ProfessorShak (7)
Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Christmas Cookie is my No.1 aromatic. I tried this as well as Rasberry and Cream. While R&C is a good blend, Berry Cobbler is just more tasty and smells better to me. This is one in my regular rotation.

flagg1122 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flagg1122 (15)

This blend is a really nice after dinner smoke. A great aromatic that tastes like it smells, with little bite. The only complain is that it tends to smoke wet in the wrong pipe. I find that straight stem pipes are better for smoking mild sweet aromatics. One of Boswells best!

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)

Ive ordered and once of this two serperate times. You just get a craving for it. Berry flavor is there but it doesnt overpower the tobacco taste. I think it burns alittle hotter than some of the other Boswell blends but it shouldnt stop anyone from enjoying it.

smokeybandit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeybandit (12)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Berry Cobbler is a great smoke when in the mood for an aromatic. I could not believe the smell from the pouch when it first arrived, and the best part is you can actually taste it while smoking. This blend packs and lights well. Stayed lit through the entire bowl for me. The only bad thing I found was that this tobacco loses its flavor rather quicly if left in the bag. I would definitely put it in a jar right away. 4 stars for this blend!

Loser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loser (10)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

this is so far my favorite Boswell blend! as others have noted this tobacco tastes exactly how it sounds. mind numbingly delicious! need i say more?!?

Ixtlan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ixtlan (18)

Like the name says. Berry Cobbler it smells and tastes just like it. Burns very well right to the bottom. Easily kept lit too. Sweet and no bite or drying of the mouth. Mr. Boswell blends are always a treat and well done. I would recommend this to someone looking for a sweet but not too sweet aromatic blend. Nice Job Mr Boswell.

AGuidry Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AGuidry (2)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I just got the shipment today, and when I opened the bag, i just about fainted it smelled so good.....just like everyone else says, you would think that you were supposed to be eating it. The aroma finds its way out of the bag and you're able to smell it from across a decent sized room even when not lit.

The aroma when lit smells just about as good, as does the taste, very very smooth, virtually no bite whatsoever. The berry comes across very well, and there's another element in there that I just can't place, but it's rather fantastic.

I highly recommend this stuff, it is one of the best aromatics I have tried!

smokey stover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey stover (11)
Mild Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

As others have reported-it's hard to know whether to eat this or smoke it. Extremely mild with good flavor. Appears to have burley's,Virginias and black cavendish with a wonderful aroma.The Boswell's have perfected tobacco blending. If you like aromatics you can't go wrong with this choice. And after you try this one step up to what I consider one of Boswells best-Christmas Cookie.

DRijkers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DRijkers (14)

Just like Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, should I be smoking this or eating it? Great aromatic, smokes dry, no bite. I do like to have a couple of Boswell specific pipes though, to keep the full effect of their wonderful blends.

DakotaPeacePipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DakotaPeacePipe (33)
Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I confess that Boswell?s cherry and raspberry flavorings tend to ?merge? for this reviewer, this blend appears to include both to excellent effect. Bold berry flavor that lasts down the bowl, not wet or goopy, absolutely without bite, excellent if you favor aromatics. In my opinion Boswell?s berry flavored aromatics top all others I have encountered.

TOMMYBIRD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TOMMYBIRD (4)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

This blend by JM Boswell actually smells like you should be eating it rather than smoking it. With that being said I think that I do not need to mention that this is an extremley aromatic blend.

While I am not usually an aromatic smoker, I must note that there is a good solid tobacco taste behind the added flavoring; JM has not skimped on the quality of the tobacco he has used.

This is the perfect smoke if you are around people who don't smoke. Strangers will also approach you and tell you how great it smells. Very mild, burns good without getting hot, good quality. A must try if you are an aromatic lover or somebody who is just getting started in the pipe smoking world.

rstrawsb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rstrawsb (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

Berry Cobbler has a very pronounced pouch aroma. It smells delightful. It is a crowd pleaser and get positive comments. It seems to be pretty heavily cased. I smoked about 4 ounces of this blend in a large 3/4 bent Boswell. It was very enjoyable it burns very well down to a grey ash. I consider this a desert tobacco. It left a very sweet after taste, that seemed to last forever. It burns very cool, with no tongue bite and acceptable moisture.