A medium strength blend of cavendish cut tobaccos infused with authentic Highland Scotch Whisky. One day, while working the Tobacco counter, an elderly gentleman walked in smelling strongly of booze. He asked for a can of Velvet and when I explained that it had been discontinued, he frowned, waved his hand in disgust, called me a bastard and huffed out mumbling obscenities. Thus the "Bastard Blends" were born.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Taste
2.3
Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (83)

This mix started out strong and finished with a wimper. Initially, it was a very smooth and sweet tasting aro,with a nice whiskey flavor. I really enjoyed and was impressed with the first several bowls. Nice whiff of whiskey and a creamy sweetness from the cavendish.

Oddly, half-way through the bag the creamy-sweet wore off leaving a whisky flavored kind of slightly harsh tobacco taste. Slight tongue bite with the last half of the bag even though I nursed the bowls. It is particulary odd the whiskey casing didn't fade but the smoothness did. I smoked this bag over the course of a month alternating it with the english, american (burley blends) and vapers (few) in my rotation. (I should note I keep the bags of tobacco I'm smoking in a sealed container so they don't dry out.)

If the bag remained consistent I would have certainly given it three stars. I have enjoyed othe whiskey blends by other tobacco houses.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (56)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

The Scotch Whiskey dominates here with no real tobacco taste coming through. It's pleasant and smokeable and has a very nice aroma but the flavor is nondescript and ultimately a bit boring. Don't be afraid to try it. It's not for me but it could be for you. NEXT!

fourshephards Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fourshephards (51)

This is a good tobacco. It lights easily, stays lit and burns down to a fluffy grey/white ash. The flavoring is noticeable and the aroma is very nice (according to SWMBO). There is little or no developement in the flavor of the tobacco as it is consumed, but that is not a bad thing at all. Since I would classify this as an aromatic of sorts, I would assume that once the flavorings burn off, all you are left with is low grade tobacco to suffer through. This is not the case with Olde Bahstid.

Highly rec'd for the natural tobacco smoker looking for a change of pace.