This is cherry with a twist. Noty only did we add a bit of Vanilla, we also spiced it lightly with Perique

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Perique
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (102)

This is a very nice cherry aromatic. The cherry flavor is very prominent but not overwhelming, not too sweet. The casing actually wears off a bit as you smoke through the bag over a couple of weeks. Obviously, sweet cavendish base.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (57)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

The cherry flavoring seems a bit subdued here and tastes more artificial in a Kool-Aid kind of way. That being said, it's still pleasant. The addition of Perique helps making this blend a bit more interesting and kicks up the strength above your normal aromatic. This blend is pleasant and interesting but just doesn't quite float my boat. I will continue the search for a cherry blend that I really like, if it exists at all.

12/10/08 Update

I am upgrading this blend to 3*. I put this blend on the back burner for awhile. Just decided to give this another go and it seems to have improved or maybe it's just me but anyway I am liking this blend much more. The flavor has become a sour cherry flavor that I like and the Perique elevates this above your average aromatic.