The only English blend in Bufflehead's initial offerings, 3 Oaks is personally formulated for smooth full-bodied flavor. Generous amounts of Cyprian Latakia balanced by other premium tobaccos. Ages beautifully. This special blend mitigates the pungent aroma often associated with Latakia mixtures.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByTad Gage
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Packaging4oz Tin
Strength
Taste
Medium to Full, Very Full
Tolerable, Strong
Medium None Detected Very Full Strong

If you love Latakia but Penzance, Pirate Cake, and Old Ironsides are too much for you this is your new friend. There is a dominant Latakia note throughout the blend. This is, however, balanced by some cool Virginias and orientals. It reminded me very much of the now defunct ELEPHANT & CASTLE green label. A hearty tobacco for after dinner. 4 of 4 stars!

preppypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
preppypipe (57)

My local tobacco shop recently purchased quite a few tins of various Bufflehead blends.I was told by the owner that the Bufflehead company is now sadly defuct.I'm not sure if this is true or not? I purchased a couple of tins of "Three Oaks" and recently opened one.I was under the spell of this blend almost immediately!It's a wonderful medium/full english with tons of rich full flavor!It was a bit of a challenge to load as it IS in fact a ribbon cut,not readdy rubbed as stated above.I've been smoking this at least once daily and it's won a spot on my list of top ten english tobaccos of all time!My only regret is the real possibility of not being able to purchase more of it!Highest Possible Reommendation!!! prep