A mixture of Burley, Virginia and world famous Green River Black Cavendish tobaccos topped with a secret flavoring recipe to achieve outstanding flavor and aroma. Mild but satisfying.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full, Full
3.2

The vanilla has a deep flavor along with a slighter, more obvious honey note. The tobaccos are sublimated, but there are minor grass notes from the Virginia. The burley is slight nutty. The black cavendish is vanilla-like. Four different vanillas were used in the topping to create a variance though I can't really tell what they are. Has very little nicotine. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a smooth, consistent flavor. No bite or harshness present. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and needs an average number of relights. Has a pleasant after taste and room note. An all day smoke.

Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

First, many thanks to the Altadis company for supplying my local pipe club with a "Blend of the Month." for the last year or so. We have enjoyed many of their samples, including this Vanilla Cavendish. It was a big hit with the aromatic smokers in the group.

I found this to be a rather strong Vanilla flavored offering, but the true tobacco taste that I enjoy in my smokes was also there. Despite being quite moist, the blend burned fairly evenly without too many relights.

Admittedly, I won't be smoking a second bowl anytime soon, but judging from the casing, it'll remain moist in the pouch for another hundred years or so.

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Big fan of Sutliff flavors/aros. Big strong vanilla aroma and taste. Yes it's a bit wet. Be patient and after the pre light and a touch up, it burned fine. Also, you pros out there (I am an admitted Noob but have been smoking cigars for a few decades and smoked a pipe 35 years ago)... PLEASE DO NOT tell me you prefer Balkans or English and then tell me how much you hate this or that aromatic. You won't see me dissing any trad English, etc. cause I don't think I would like them and I probably won't try them as I am giddy over the aromatics.

Pipe Used: Brogs

Similar Blends: Molto Dulce.

Papillon6 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papillon6 (24)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Full Very Pleasant

This Vanilla Cavendish, like many others is VERY sweet and forgiving. Cavendish is basicly fermented tobacco, hence it's dark brown to black colour. It is very wet again like most Cavendish's. It likes any pipe of mine and can be smoked quickly or slowly. It may want to burn unevenly so let it stand in the open air on a napkin for 15-30 minutes before packing, this will let it dry out a little but you do want to keep a good moisture content in there. You may get a wet pipe that needs a pipe cleaner or two down the stem to keep it from gurgling as you puff. The vanilla is almost entirely masked by the very nice Cavendish flavour. Cavendish of any kind happens to be my favourite smoke because it taste so good. It will build cake on the walls of any pipe very quickly as well but you will want to devote one pipe to this blend due to it leaving such a strong flavour in the bowl.

I smoke this blend any time of the day, inside or out. It has a VERY nice vanilla room note that anyone can enjoy. It's nicotine strength is medium so newbies will love it. I have a very large stash of this since it is my favourite aromatic.

DakotaPeacePipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DakotaPeacePipe (33)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

A good deal more vanilla flavor than many so called vanilla blends, smokes noticeably cooler than many of Altadis aromatics and with a good deal less bite. Overall a pleasant experience, this is a blend that will be added to my favorites list.