Comparable flake to "Navy Cut' or "Plug' tobacco. Second strongest flake to 36667

Notes: Only available at Dunhill's Store, London.

BrandDunhill
Blended ByDunhill
Strength
Medium, Strong
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Full
Pleasant, Tolerable
The Gentle Smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Gentle Smoker (11)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

Well, not many reviews on this. Which is not so strange considering it was à blend only available at Dunhill's. I've been savoring à 2000 tin and saving it. Curiosity was killing me though and I cracked the seal.

Wow the previous reviewer wasn't kidding. THE berry flavoured topping hits you in the face after opening the tin.

This at first made me à little reluctant as to try it as I'm not à big fan of fruit additives in my smoké.

But I lit up anyway. Wow!

The topping may smell strong, it does not taste strong in THE mix.

It is actually very Nice! This tin is not going to last long I'm afraid.

If you ever see one, pick it up!

DrDNA Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDNA (58)
Strong Medium Full Pleasant

Notes: Now that Murray's has closed its venerable blending-house doors, this, along with many of Dunhill's fantastic and unique blends, are gone forever. I've smoked pounds of this in numerous pipes; I always enjoyed it best in a small to medium briar pipe. I only regret that I have but a few tins left.

Appearance: A partially rubbed out dark brown to black flake, slightly moist in the tin, rubbing out into a medium ribbon with some difficulty.

Aroma: The topping is dominant and seems to my nose identical to that of Dunhill's Three Year Matured with its familiar raspberry-boysenberry aroma. There is also the bitter smell of nicotine-rich tobacco and smoke.

Taste: Sweet and berry-like with lemon meringue pie and juicy ripe plums. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate, smoke, currant jam, full tobacco flavor.

Comparisons: Reminiscent of Dunhill's Three Year Matured, but with a darker fuller virginia -based flake underneath. A bit like Dunhill's Royal Yacht, but with a sweet berry topping instead of a citrus-currant topping.

Bottom Line: Well, it's no longer available. Good luck finding it. My personal favorite, but not to everyone's liking. If you enjoy Royal Yacht or Three Year Matured and are looking for a darker, fuller mixture, this would be a good choice.