A richly flavoured 'English' mixture . Medium to full strength. A high proportion of Latakia and Cavendish Leaf gives backbone to this blend, with Virginias and Oriental Leaf . The nearest factory blend is 'London Mixture'

Notes: Only available at Dunhill's Store, London.

BrandDunhill
Blended ByDunhill
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable, Very Strong
3.7
Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

I am going to have to toss my hat into the ring here with Sir Pipestud. MM10 is a full bodied, very creamy smoke. Because my tin was from 1998, the Latakia has mellowed verses what it may have been when originally blended. It was not a Latakia bomb and is one of the smoothest full bodied English blends I have ever smoked. Even though it is full in taste, I only found it to be medium in strength and got almost no sweetness from the aged Virginias. MM10 is one hard mixture to find, but if you love full English Mixtures, this is one not to be missed! I understand why many of these old Dunhill blends cannot be recreated, but I do wish that Orlik would take a second look at some of them for re-introduction. (Assuming Orlik has the rights to them). Highly Recommended!

Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (83)
Medium None Detected Very Full Very Strong

I haven't had this in years - not since Tobak Ltd in Virginia was in business. This was my alternate blend to My Mixture #965. It was a much more robust blend....far more robust. And it was one I waited until after business hours to smoke at my desk because of its very heavy smoke.

I have never found anything similar from other blenders.

I do not think Orlik made a version (as I noted last night that Orlik no longer lists ANY Dunhill on their website- a recent change.)

Medium to Strong None Detected Full Very Pleasant

I recently tried some Dunhill #10 through a swap with one of my pipe smoking pals in the UK. He sent me samples of not only #10, but some other Dunhill "house" blends that I am looking forward to trying.

Anyway, #10 is super hard to find as it has not been produced in years... and boy, does it come on s-t-r-o-n-g.....Powerful blasts of Latakia kept hitting my waggle in waves. Whenever there was a lull in the storm, I could also detect some mellow and semi-sweet Virginia spiced with some Oriental that were absolutely to die for.

My sample arrived quite dry and burned quickly, but due to the quality of the leaf (and perhaps the cut, which is much broader than #965,)I never got the impression that this is a hot smoke. My pipe stayed cool and no blisters appeared on my tongue.

Unique, very flavorful with a full taste and medium nicotine strength, this is one of the best tobaccos I've ever smoked.