An exotic blend of Virginias and a unique black cavendish which is mixed with the flavors of honey and nuts, a perfectly balanced combination to provide and a light and rich smoke.

BrandWilke Pipe Tobacco
Strength
Taste

2.7
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

The Virginia is grassy with a mild citrus, while the black cavendish is creamy and sugary. The tobaccos are sublimated by the toppings. I get a mild vanilla, but I just notice the nuts and beans. The honey is a little more obvious. It has a light spice note. There's a very mild incense-like quality to the topping that I found slightly distracting, and either the other toppings are lightly applied, or buried by the fragrance of the floral "incense" (I know that's not what it is). Needs a little dry time. Burns at a slow pace unless dried a lot (which I do not recommend) requiring some relights, and leaves a little moisture in the bowl, but no dottle or bite. No nicotine to speak of. It does seem to gain a little more flavor as you go along, but probably not enough to satisfy one looking for a deeper tasting aromatic. The after taste and room notes are very short lived. An all day smoke.

Dan341 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dan341 (3)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I am back to a pipe after a 35 year hiatus. Of all the blends I've tried so far this is my hands down favorite. Pouch and room notes are heavenly. Even my health nut R.N. sister in law loves the room note. Its a cool, smooth flavorful smoke with hints of honey, vanilla and nuts. It is the only tobacco I've tried so far that stays sweet and cool all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Smokes best indoors after some drying. Living just north of Pipeworks I've had the pleasure of meeting Carole. She is very knowledgeable and strikes me as the kind of person who is fun to be around.

Don't tell the F.D.A. but this is probably too good to be legal!

dedalto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dedalto (24)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I find this to be a perfect change of pace tobacco. It is sweet without being oppressive and never bites. One the best aromatics I ever smoked that does not need to beat you over the head with excessive drama of taste and aroma. It is a simple and elegant smoke. Four Stars.

DrumsAndBeer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrumsAndBeer (203)

Bleeker Street is an odd bird of an aromatic. I will give Pipeworks and Wilke some credit here for coming up with a one of a kind flavor. I definitely get the vanilla but anything else is masked by a peculiar incense like aroma. My daughter enjoys homeopathic essential oils and Bleeker’s pouch note reminds me of one she has called vetiver oil which has a prominent musk like scent.

The tobacco arrives very moist and is quite resistant to liberal amounts of dry time. I had to set it out for about 4 hours before attempting to light it. Even then it could have used more dry time as it didn’t smoke very well and was prone to burning hot.

The flavor is lightly sweet and uncomplicated. However, the unique topping definitely adds another dimension to what would otherwise be an average vanilla aromatic mixture. I hate to dog this one, there’s a ton of potential here. But poor performing/overly moist tobacco ruins this for me. A different kind of blend that somehow ends up being the same as most of the rest.

Pipe Used: Cob

Perique Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Perique (150)
Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I must echo the review of SmokeKing David (2007, below). This is a perfectly fine and extremely mild black Cavendish blend and would do well for those who like ultra-mild aromatic blends. But for me this was just too light - nearly tasteless. Doesn't stand out in a field of outstanding Pipeworks & Wilke aromatic blends.

Positives are a nice room note and excellent performance characteristics (burns well, burns clean, plumes of puffy white smoke, no goop in the pipe, absolutely no bite). It's just difficult to be overly enthusiastic about such an extremely light tobacco.

This is one very different tasting aromatic. Bleeker Street has some sweetness to it, but it is less sweet than the typical aromatic. I find the pouch smell to be that of a more typical aromatic and I don't pick up the nuts or honey in the pouch. I don't find the nut or honey taste in the flavor of the smoke either. Hockey01 IMHO really nails the taste of this tobacco. It tastes a bit like the scent of patchouli. With all that said, Bleeker St. is a very tasty tobacco. For me it will be a nice change of pace smoke. Recommended.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is indeed very similar to Bohemian Mixture. There is vanilla added, making it a bit sweeter, and not as complex. Again, this stuff is more savory than syrupy. It is a far cry from most cased black cavendish aromatics. Another winner from P&W.

vinci666 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vinci666 (2)

Im new to pipe smoking and I really enjoyed this smoke. it had a pleasant room note. it had a very pleasant taste to it. i recommend this for newbies like myself.

Pipe Used: poker, nose warmer

Age When Smoked: 43

Purchased From: pipeworks and wilke

hockey01 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hockey01 (29)

Wow, this one is...different. Just ordered 8 oz. of this and upon opening the bag, I got a really different pouch aroma than I expected. This is definitely not a syrupy- sweet aromatic by any means; vanilla seems to be on the lighter side. It's the other note that I'm getting and it smells almost like a very light patchouli, believe it or not. I guess that's the 'spice flavorings.' If you've ever smelled an unlit Acid brand cigar, you'll know the aroma I'm talking about. Cigar stores will keep their Acid brand cigars well away from their other brands so that they don't pick up that spicy aroma and flavoring.

Nevertheless, this is quality tobacco, that's for sure, and it burns very well to the bottom of the bowl. Fortunately, that flavoring doesn't seem to affect the room note but it does come through on the palate a bit. Not unpleasant, just...different.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a solid, black-cav aromatic. Not bad at all; but Pipeworks and Wilke makes much better aromatic blends.