This is by far the darkest, richest and most flavorfully satisfying black tobacco blend in all of Middle Earth! Rich, stoved Black Cavendish Tobaccos stand up and salute in the most flavorful dark sugar aromas imaginable. Thick, mild and flavorful describes this Blend. Even those who travel light will make room for this one

BrandThePipeRoom.com
ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
2.3
Argo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Argo (17)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Moisture is a problem, but the vast majority of tobaks come moist, I believe it's unfair to decrease rating on a tobacco due to moisture content, the moisture is a reflection of concern for storage, not a reflection of what the proper moisture level is for smoking, please keep this in mind.

The other flaw of this blend is tobacco taste, and being a black cavendish, it won't have much. If you like a sweet smoke however, you can go much worse than this. Compared to other aro's, the toppings and casings used here of are high quality, they do not taste artificial to me, which is a big plus as most aro's fail in this aspect. 3 of 4 stars.

Glorfindel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Glorfindel (57)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

New name for this one "delf" (dark elfin blend)

Pipestud has it!

Hot and wet if you don't do a MAJOR drying job on this one. Comes with high moisture content. Lots of sugar in this one which also adds to the hot smoking characteristics by addition of water vapor to the smoke.

Once dry, you may enjoy it if you don't puff too rapidly.

This is basically a Vanilla Cavendish with sugar topping. Similar to Captain Spice offered by The Tinderbox, though with much more effort prior to smoking given the drying time.

Most piperoom blends come too moist and this is the most extreme I've seen with respect to moisture. I still haven't gotten my pouch to dry to my liking yet.

Once I do, I'll update and let you know.

This really does have the potential to be a fun and flavorful smoke.

90% Aromatic taste, 10% tobacco taste.

Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Whoa! This is one wet, hot momma!

A sweet momma, too.

Have plenty of matches available as this is one tough momma to keep lit.

It is quite dark in appearance. It is quite moist in the pouch and faintly resembles tobacco at the match.

Careysrule Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Careysrule (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

This tobacco was almost wet whenI first received it. After letting it air out, I smoked a couple of bowls of it.

My first impression was that this aromatic was not for me. Very heavily cased, a brown sugar taste, and a very strong odor and residue left in the bowl upon finishing the bowls.

I like aromatics, but this was not my gig. Just too heavily cased and odiferous upon termination of smoking it. The pipe I smoked it in is still in the garage airing out.

Kerdy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kerdy (43)

I must take the advice of trying this in a churchwarden! It is a great tasting blend, but so far every time I smoke this I have a large amount of soggy, goopy tobacco in the bottom of my pipe. I notice about half way through the bowls it starts getting soggy. If I could keep this from happening I would really enjoy this blend.

choose fatalism Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
choose fatalism (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is an excelent Tobacco. It is best smoked in a churchwarden. Billows of thick rich smoke. I enjoyed it so much, i had to get a pound. I highly recomend this blend!!

Professor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Professor (67)
Very Mild Medium Mild Tolerable

Why, why, why? I am not a smoker of aromatics, but something about the description of ThePipeRoom.com's Gandalf (as spelled on the bag) Dark Aromatic had me intrigued so--even against my better judgement--I ventured forth. It looked quite impressive in the clear bag--bold and dark! A snow-covered pile of garbage looks beautiful from a distance too, though. Upon further inspection of the tobacco, I found small dark and sticky chunks of weed. It did not take but a few bowls of smoking this before I started to become ill. I do a fair amount of walking and usually nature appreciates my choice of weed. How ironic that this 'Middle Earth' blend would have caused such adverse winds. This is far from being '[t]he finest weed in the Southfarthing' let me tell you. To be fair, this IS one of the better aromatics that I have had. I can tolerate this to an extent and it has decent flavour (setting aside the vanilla that I noted). It is fuller than most aromatics, burned better than most (although, the pipe that I smoked it in is now in need of a good disinfectant), left a decent ash, and the odour in the bag was somewhat inviting. I will not buy this again, but I may smoke a bit more of it (in small doses) before putting the rest under some snow.