Nutty with a hint of sweet leaf, this is a smoke of great balance and presence.

Notes: Ingredients: Virginia, Perique, and Latakia.

BrandUhle's
Blended ByJack Uhle
ContentsLatakia, Perique, Virginia
CutMixture
Packaging1.5 oz bag, 7 oz bag, 14 oz bag
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

3.6
pDzine Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pDzine (12)

Wow. This stuff is great. I sampled a bowl from the tobacco bar at Uhles and I am glad I did. Great flavor from light to ash out. Complex. Smooth. Engaging. The Virginia's took center stage with the Perique and Latakia playing backup. Just a wonderfully enjoyable and beguiling smoke. Not what I expected, but high quality and I will be buying next time I visit. ----- . ------ So the description on Uhles site says Virginia, Perique, and Latakia... I don't know about the Turkish in this blend. But it is very smooth.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 114 KS

Purchased From: Uhles Tobacco Bar

NorthwoodsSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NorthwoodsSmoker (8)

A very nice medium English blend. When you open the pouch it's dry but this is normal for this blend. I do find it a bit heavy on hot humid days. I am also able to taste the different types of tobacco that makes up the blend, a fact that I really like. On those cooler days in the summer or in the fall/winter it smokes like a champ. If you are ever in Wisconsin try and find some of this blend.

JLong Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JLong (35)

This is my first english blend with latakia so not knowing what latakia is supposed to taste like, all I can say is I like the taste as well as the afterbite. I can taste the turkish as well.

roberteconnors Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
roberteconnors (9)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Full Strong

Good full English tobacco. A good wet weather smoker. Not recommended for beginners wanting to try English tobaccos. Try Uhle 71 instead and work your way up to this one, then on to Bishops' Move.

Effluvinator Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Effluvinator (32)

This is a well-balanced English blend without any detectable additives or aromatics. You can taste the VA, the Turkish, and the latakia, with no one of them being present in too strong a proportion. To give you a basis for comparison I would say this is of about the same overall strength as Dunhill London Mixture. That is not to say that they taste the same or you would mistake one for the other, but I can say that I like them equally. The Dunhill is smoother in that the individual tobaccos seem to meld together a bit more, and that could be due to the fact that the Dunhill has some "tin aging" whereas the Uhle's is sold in bulk. Still, I don't find this to be a drawback: I just think the Uhle's tastes "brighter," which I sometimes prefer. The #232 is dry, as it should be, and so you will not need to air it out prior to smoking. It leaves virtually no moisture in the pipe. The latakia builds in strength as you progress but does not become overbearing. There is a slight sweetness from the VA, the richness of the Turkish, and the smokey latakia all present in perfect proportion. This has been a pretty regular smoke for me in the colder months when I tend to favor stronger tobaccos. If you like unadulterated medium English mixtures you will not be disappointed with this one.