Black Cavendish and rich Dark Burley are triple blended and triple flavored with a Cocoa & Vanilla essence.

BrandAbenaki Tobacco Co.
Taste
owaindav Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
owaindav (6)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Another of my sampler from Abenaki. I was surprised at how good this was. It was comparable to CAO's Eileen's Dream which is another great aromatic. I smoked it in both briar and a meerschaum. The briar was really good but the meer was incredible. No bite at all for me. If you're looking for a sweet flavorful aromatic treat, give this a try!

Hemlock Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hemlock (57)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the same tobacco as the Lane Coco-Creme, but I'll review it here since I got such a deal on the Abanaki sample pack. This is a lovely even burning cocoa aromatic, which doesn't leave the bowl goopy at the end. I generally smoke this out of a fairly large Brigham platinum 3/4 bent. I find that a tobacco taste is not lost to the casing. The smoke is actually satisfying, unlike some other aromatics which hide the virginia. Companions in the rooms are appreciative of the gentle dessert aroma. Flavour holds steady throughout the bowl, although I do enjoy tobacco that evolves in the second half of the bowl. ------------ updated 08-13-05 Since I originally wrote this, my tastes have become more refined, and I only recommend this if you are looking for a confection smoke, rather than a natural bowl of non-aromatic. My original 2 oz. will probably last quite a while, as I will rarely dip into this. Perhaps I will be interested in another bowl as we move to the crisp days of autumn or early winter.