The mild and subtle flavors and aromas from fruits and liqueurs are combined in a golden and dark toasted Cavendish mixture to create a tastefully satisfying blend. Guaranteed to become one of your favorites.

BrandPipeworks & Wilke
Blended ByCarole Burns
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Fruit / Citrus
Strength
Taste

3.6
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I have now reviewed at least eight of Carole's tobaccos at P&W and I have yet to find a blend that is not three stars or higher. She uses such high quality tobaccos that whether it's an English blend or an aromatic, the tobaccos simply shine. Gramercy Park is another winner from P&W. After some needed dry time this is a delicious aromatic. There are no fake tastes here. GP is sweet with an underlying taste of spirits that are not nearly as strong in the alcohol department as Rumcake, but enough to let you know that it's there. All of the flavors are very “forward” making for a rich tasting blend. I think her use of two different Cavendish's really makes a difference. I am mainly an English or flake smoker, but there is now a place in my cellar for a pound of this and Gotham Court. P&W IMHO makes some of the best aro's on the market today. Highly Recommended.

woodworker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
woodworker (4)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

The first couple of bowls took a little getting used to. There are very few aromatics in my pipe-smoking history. But I was a little tired of Latakia and I prefer mild tobaccos without a nicotine bite. Now that I have smoked maybe 7 or 8 bowlfuls I can report that it is terrific!

I noticed that the English blends, as good as they are, leave enough smoke in my mustache to bother me. But the smoky residue is much reduced in Gramercy Park. The aromatic flavor is subtle - I can barely taste it - and the tobacco flavor is very enjoyable. Afterwards, I am refreshed, having had a nice time thinking my thoughts, and there is little nicotine after effect. If I'm smoking in my shop the smoke does not linger too long.

I've ordered several other aromatics from Carole. I used to switch back and forth from one manufacturer to another. But Pipeworks and Wilke really deserves a lot of loyalty for their consistent high quality of tobaccos. I'm looking forward to Cherry Cavandish and Rum Cake. Thanks, Carole

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Omega

Age When Smoked: 65

Purchased From: Pipeworks and Wilke

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Very simply put, this stuff is mild and delicious. You get sweet flavor, tobacco flavor and a nice burn to the bottom of the bowl. A pinnicle of aromatic tobacco. What you smell in the pouch is what you get in the pipe. Pure pleasure !!!

jacques1960 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jacques1960 (27)

This was among my first experiences with P&W blends. The weather having turned, sampled outside with coffee this morning and very nice in a Vauen churchwarden (filtered).

I did not take the time to pre-dry, and recommend that this be done (but only "just") as I needed several lights. The foregoing aside, feel direct from bag was just-right - I may simply have been less than fully committed to my first re-light.

This said, absolutely no bite, no hint of gurgle and very, very little in the way of dottle - nice clean, even burn, albeit in three phases this morning.

Highly recommend.

Jay02904 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jay02904 (8)

Another wonderful blend from Pipeworks & Wilke! love the taste, smell, burn quality, etc. Thanks Carole.

I wanted to point out that I am smoking GP as I type because one of my coworkers just walked by me and said "Oh! That's what smells so nice". Thought that speaks volumes for the room note. :-)

dedalto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dedalto (18)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

Unlike most pipers, my first love was Balkan Sobranie, not an aromatic ,and I stuck with it for more pipes than I care to count. As I grew older I found my love of smoking old saddles diminishing while I find I love smoking peaches more. Now I find something like The Soylent Mixture satisfies my need for Latakia and incense just fine. But now I find I like sweeter tobaccos more.

I tried Rich's Grandpa and Tewksbery's Hobbit Weed among others without finding just the right combination of good tobacco and sweetness. With Gramercy Park, I found just the perfect smoke. This actually is what my grandfather smoked, and now I know why.

There are any number excellent reviews here that describe what I am writing about, but greekthinker puts it best when he write, "what it is, is good. The burleys are first rate and the flavorings whatever they are, are brillant. Sweetness without goo. Cool smoking tobacco that brings hours of bliss without heat.

It never bites, always stay cool, always consistant. I makes me happy.

Always smoke what you like and like it as much as possible. Four stars

tubehead71 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tubehead71 (5)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Absolutely great blend! Gramercy Park is one of my favorite aromatic blends. I agree with all the other positive reviews. Great taste, great room smell, no bite, just a pleasure to smoke. Although it is moderate in strength, it has a wonderful complexity in flavor with many levels of taste. It is not a boring smoke. Highly recommended!

PlaneGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PlaneGuy (6)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Normally I prefer English, but Gramercy Park (along with Rumcake and Vermont Maple) is one of my favorite aromatics. The flavor and room aroma are both very pleasant, not overpowering. It is also surprisingly cool burning. All of my friends who tried this were hooked. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good aromatic.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)

greekthinker is spot on with his review, really nailed the description.

I Love This Stuff!!!

Room Note Professor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Room Note Professor (39)

Excellent!

This tobacco reminds me of Trout Stream. It consists of a similar mix of predominantly Burley balanced with some Virginia and Black Cavendish. It offers the same easy burning properties, same velvet-like smoke and complete lack of bite. But, whereas Trout Stream smells and tastes of butterscotch, Gramercy Park is pure fruit cake: a mix of fortified wine, sweet raisins, a sprinkle of tart dried fruits, and pastry.

The room note is that of goodies baking in an oven, therefore even non-smokers find it more than a bit pleasant!

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)

This is the quintessential aromatic. Every aromatic smoker has had a similar blend. It reminds me of the Skandinavian blends I smoked in the 70's. I used to describe those blends as perfume-like. This is a much more civilized blend than they were and not really like perfume, but it reminded me of that. The taste is sweet, but not as sweet as this brands Vanilla 191, or their Rum Cake, both of which are a little too sweet for me. This burns very well right down to the last ash. The origin of the blend's taste remains a mystery; it is neither sweet from bean (vanilla, chocolate, coffee), nor from a fruit (cherry, peach or apple). What it is, is good. The aroma is really wonderful. I can't imagine anyone not liking the room note, but I have been fooled before. If you like aromatics, try this.

mcbpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mcbpipe (11)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I am a real fan of Carol'e blends & her quality of service. I find that most of the blends benefit from drying when received. I generally lay the batch out on newspaper or paper towel for a couple of days & then jar it. This is not a chemical wet nor goopy. The flavour of Gramercy is lovely when dried , it lights easily, sometimes one match for the bowl. It is toasty, fruity, not at all bitey & is a marvellous smoke. It imparts its roomnote to your clothes for awhile & that is not an unpleasant thing like say cigarettes. Love this blend & always have on hand.

Morgoth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Morgoth (22)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I rarely foray into the sphere of aromatics and, when done, it?s always with due trepidation....Pipeworks & Wilke Gramercy Park was worth any foreboding that I may have felt. Initially, I found the vanilla casing/topping too distasteful and distracting and was considering not completing the mere 4oz that I had. Afterwards however, I exercised a little more patience...by leaving the ?stuff? spread out on a sideboard to dry for at least thirty minutes. This proved to be the key to finding the clandestine passage to fully enjoying this high quality tobacco blend...a completely diverse and much improved smoking experience.

Now I understand the previous rave reviews.

Recommended.

Companion infusion: pint(s) of Guinness draught.

Classical Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Classical (13)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is another great aromatic from the P&W lineup. Great flavor, easy to smoke and just plain pleasant to experience. For a pipe smoker who is looking for a flavorful aromatic with superior smoking qualities, then look no further than any one of the P&W blends.

This is certainly not my Dad's old goopy cavendish! This tobacco is at the pinnacle of the aromatic genre.

Accompaniment: Vivaldi guitar concertos.

Pipes530 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipes530 (8)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Having read the reviews, I decided to try a 4oz sample. I just don't see what all the rave is about. Smells great in the bag & burns ok but the taste is void of flavors & is very bland to say the least. Sorry but 1 star here.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)
Mild Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

As I sit here smoking this blend, it is very smooth. Upon light up, it fronts a mixture of fruits in the perfect proportions. Very tasty. Not to sweet. There is a flavor I cannot put my finger on but it tastes awesome. Burns exceptionally well. The room aroma is pleasant and not harsh. No doubt this is quality tobacco with hints of?..damn, I don?t? know what! But like the other reviews, ?velvet? like describes it well. Not a true aromatic but if you are an English smoker wafering on the edge of aromatic, this may be a good choice. The addition of liquor flavor is well blended. It?s almost like enjoying a good creamy Irish coffee blend of liquor. All & all, it?s just a good, smooth, velvety smoke. Not to harsh or overwhelming but a great tasting mixture of fruits and liquors.

One of my favorites!

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)

If you're used to heavily cased aromatics, Carole's blends may take some getting used to. The flavorings used in Pipeworks & Wilke blends are used as an afterthought, if you will.

Gramercy Park is my favorite of the Pipeworks & Wilke blends that I've tried so far. It is one of the only fruity aromatics I've ever tried that smokes cool with no bite. The tobacco flavor is center stage and the topping is icing on the cake.

I will order this one again and highly recommend that you try this as part of Carole's sampler pack.

Silver Tongue Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Silver Tongue (1)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

One reviewer referred to this tobacco as "velvety". I couldn't agree more. Pleasent from start to finish, no bite, even burning, good to the last drop. I have just returned to the pipe and was searching for the "ideal" pouch. Great aroma in the room. This comes close. Four stars all the way. Will be searching for variations on this theme.

Sojang Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sojang (13)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is another Excellent blend form Vermont. This is different from Carols other blends I have smoked. This one is just a little fruity and is string cut. Smokes cool and dry.

There are two types of aromatics. The most common consist of low grade tobacco slathered in synthetic food grade flavorings. They are wet, way too sweet, and when the tobacco flavor does come through, it is awful...

Gramercy Park belongs to a different category entirely. Take good quality leaf and enhance it with liqueur and natural essences, and you have a pipeful of pleasure. Grmercy Park is mildly sweet, and just a little tart, very much like the real fruit it is flavored with. When the tobacco flavor comes through, there are no regrets.

An absolute must for the connoissieur of fine aromatics.

emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)

Yes, very nice, indeed. The delicious, easy to take vanilla/marshamallow based Wilke Cavendish with lots of pleasing fruity essences that only master blender, Carole Burns can bring off. I'm too much of an English smoker these days, and I'm really into the C & Ds, specifically, Serads. But when the mood strikes for an excellent, creamy, toasty aromatic, this is a winner. Much nicer and less goopy than even the McClelland American aromatics, which I really like as well. A unique blending accomplishment. Try this for dessert with a steaming cup of coffee with hazelnut cream.

Three of five stars

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Oh, my my. This is a really sophisticated blend for the aromatic afficianado.It is very smooth and almost velvet like on the tongue. It has one of the best Vanilla flavorings I have ever tasted.I don't know what liquers they are using but they are truly superior. This is for the "Frangelico" crowd. It is sweet, but not not sticky or goopy.The best analogy I can give is the following: This is what Pipes and Cigars' "Butternut Burley" was supposed to be. You will not be disappointed with this wonderful aromatic offering.NOBODY DOES AROMATICS LIKE WILKE!!! IMHO they are incapable of making a bad aromatic.4 of 4 aromatic stars!

BigBen53 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigBen53 (21)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Well What can you say about Pipeworks & Wilke but wonderful Pipe Tobacco smells Good in the Pouch. the flavoring stay all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. aroma in the room delightfu. fruits and liquers are combined in a golden and dark toasted Cavendish wonderful Pipe tobacco. and taste delicious and No bite.the flavor stay thougt out the bowl one of the best aromatics in my book. i smoke two to three bowl a week with a Hot cup of coffee it great. one a all day smoke. is wonderful tobacco, and i give it 4 star

Cutlasss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cutlasss (2)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

POUCH: Fruity, with sweet vanilla overtones. Mildly nutty as well. Perfect moisture content. PACK: Packs well, fine ribbon. Stays springy. LIGHT:Lights easily usinbg the char plus two method. Burns to a fine white ash. Two more lights usually get me through the bowl. SMOKES: First half is sweet and smooth, vanilla comes through as does the fruity/nutty flavor. Mid-bowl the VA kicks in a little more obviously. Still cool, but with true tobacco flavor. Bottom of the bowl is still cool, although relighting is needed here. Stong VA begins to feature that toasty note I look for.This blend has a small amount of black cav which I think enhances the VA quite nicely. Reminds me a little of a finer grade of Capt. Black Gold. TONGUE BITE: Very little. Towards bottom of bowl perhaps a little more due to more relighting. Overall, very cool and dry. ROOM NOTE: Very pleasant, nutty vanilla notes. No complaints from the wife or kids! :) This is a lightly aromatic room note. COMMENTS: Like almost all the Wilkes I have tried, a very pleasant smoke. I like this early in the day or if I am in a small space. It is flavorful, but not overpowering and with the lightness of room note it is a crowd pleaser. This would be agood introductory blend for the novice. It is cased just the right amount and is an easy smoke. A solid three stars!!

akaiser77 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
akaiser77 (52)

I am not much of an aromatic smoker, but Gramercy Park is a fantastic addition to that genre. It is mostly golden cavendish with a sprinkling of black thrown in, and is mildly flavored with liqeurs and some sort of fruit topping. It burns nicely, doesn't bite, and is not goopy.

There is a refreshing and light sweetness to this blend, and a slightly tart element that keeps it interesting. This is the exemplar of the high-quality aromatic, in my view, and deserves much more recognition than it gets.

Kleophrades Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kleophrades (39)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

P&W's distinctive Cavendish, with a pretty heavy fruit topping and a bit of coconut oil in the background, like the aftertaste from a Mounds bar. This stuff is very sweet, but never cloying. It's clearly top-grade -- it never bites -- but too rich for my blood. The aroma will linger in your pipe but one or two bowls of even a mild crossover blend will get rid of it.

I prefer English blends and tried Grammercy Park in the hopes of finding something with an acceptable room-note. In the event it seems inoffensive to the tobaccophobic nose of my wife -- I just wish that I liked it more myself. It's like a well-prepared but heavy dessert. If you like fine, sweet aromatics, then you'll love it.