Ripe cherries, gathered at the height of the season are turned into a cavendish casing and tastefully blended with rich vanilla Cavendish, Red Virginia and a light Burley. A distinctive cherry flavor and aroma.

BrandPipeworks & Wilke
Blended ByCarole Burns
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Taste

daboss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
daboss (5)

This cherry is unbelievable! I've tried some others that are so sweet and goopy they have to be discarded. I got this in the mail and smoked some the next day, no bite, no goop, only one relight! I can't believe how smooth and flavorful this is. A great blend of cherry and tobacco with a smoke that makes you want to roll the windows up on the car. I puffed constantly for about an hour and 10 minutes with no tongue bite! Highly recommended to the smoker who wants an aromatic that is a good value and won't ruin your pipe. I can't wait to try the 191!

Piper4ever Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piper4ever (11)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

Cherry Cavendish from P&W is what I call a mild Cherry aroma, excellent on your palate at any time specially to correct any sour flavor you might feel, although is a little weak for my taste for "All-day" blend, actually I do prefer P&W's Rumcake on this role. Cherry Cavendish is a good addition to you line-up and it carries the excellent craftsmanship and quality of Pipeworks & Wilke, don;t miss it specially if you consider that Cherry flavor is a must for you.

sweetpipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sweetpipes (7)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

With so many cherries to choose from it becomes impossible to remember any that loom above the rest like PW's blend. Upon lighting, a cherry flavor unlike most makes it's presence known and without becoming hum-drum maintains it's interesting character throughout the entire smoke. The cherry never dominates to the point of obscuring the fine tobacco taste, and that's probably why the flavor never gets overpowering, boring, or cloying. A one time light-up is also a trademark of this fine blend, but only after the tobacco has dried a bit. This puffer will enjoy this blend for a long time to come.

Sunnie1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunnie1 (1)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I almost hate to review this, so there is more available for me! But, to be fair to the tobacconist (tobacconista?)... This is an outstanding cherry blend--wonderful aroma in the bag, but not overpowering like the heavily cased blends. If you like aromatics but don't want the cough syrup that seems so prevalent in most cherry blends, buy this one from Pipeworks and Wilke. She definitely knows what she is doing. This was my first time ordering from Carole, and the service was fantastic. I phoned in an order of several aromatics, and it was on my doorstep 3 days later. I can't wait to try the rest! If it matters, I have been smoking a pipe for almost 25 years. I started on aromatics, and in recent years, delved into English blends--in large part due to so many poorly done aro's. On that note, if you are looking for a great intro to English blends but have been hesitant, try her No. 10!

Pipe Used: 20 year-old no name Italian

Age When Smoked: Arrived yesterday!

Purchased From: Pipeworks and Wilke

Mike Toney Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike Toney (44)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

First of all, let me say that I haven't tried many cherry aromatics. This stuff smells great, taste great, burns like an aromatic should, smokes mild and is the best cherry blend I've sampled to date. I concur with the other positive reviews and rate this **!

Plex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plex (39)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

In the Tin/Pouch or Mason Jar:

Very moist strong scent of cherry and very sweet. Nice cut, no large chucks, stems, twigs, branches, etc. GF commented that the cherry was almost cough syrup like, but I wasn't as overwhelmed.

Before smoking, let it dry out in the room for about one hour. Much improved and more to my preferences which is to the drier side

Packing and Lighting:

Easy loading no problems. First charring light took hold and after a gentle tamp and evening stayed lit well into the bottom third of the bowl.

First Impression:

Sweet, mild and cherry. No sense of the artificial cough syrup in the taste. Not as strong a cherry taste as the aroma would lead one to anticipate. Not nearly as sweet tasting as the Wilke Vermont Maple offering. Hints of vanilla and something akin to freshly baked pastry.

Still, it is an aromatic, which before the end of the bowl will tire my taste-buds out and turn unpleasant and overly sweet.

Didn't get bitter and absolutely no bite. Pushed it hard a couple of times and had clous of dense cherry smoke but nary a bark, let alone any bite.

Overall:

Probably my favorite when wanting a cherry Slurpee pipe. Good as a change of pace, very pleasant room note and got many longing looks and positive comments from the GF who said it was an extremely enjoyable cherry aroma.

mcbpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mcbpipe (11)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I wanted to find a cherry blend that was tastey but not a blowtorch & not soaked in chemicals. I ordered a 2 oz sample & the cherry flavour was there but certainly wasnt prominent. I ordered again & asked Carole to increase the cherry by 30%. This was better still the prominent flavour was tobacco but now the cherry was there in every puff. I like this on occasion , the cherry is very well done & flavourful & the tobaccos are first class. It is also a bonus to be able to ask the blender to make personal adjustments to suit your buds.

cecilianinnc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cecilianinnc (9)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

As I have read in other reviews, I was expecting more of a cherry flavor, but I was let down. When it arrived in the box with a 4 ounce bag of Pipework's Mettowee, the two smelled exactly alike. Not really vanilla... the best description I can give is that they smelled like raisins (weird, isn't it?). Upon smoking it for the first time, I got no cherry flavor. I have gone back to it on many occasions since then, but to no avail. Oh well, the tobacco flavor wasn't that bad in and of itself. Also, the room note was very nice and mild. I won't be buying this again though.

gorealestate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gorealestate (28)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this blend from reviews on this site. I was looking for a great cherry blend. I held off putting in my review because I kept giving this blend another try before voicing my opinion. So I am smoking it as I write this review. I was expecting cherry FLAVOR. Coming from Washington state, where I know what a good bing cherry tastes like, I guess I was expecting a little more. The tin description of vanilla flavor was very slight and hardly noticeable. The burn was not that great as I had to relight a few times to keep it going.

05/08 follow up: This by far is one of my favorite. After putting in a mason jar for a couple of months, the flavor blended and really improved. I love this stuff and the complements of the room aroma are very positive.

Sojang Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sojang (13)

I ordered this based on the reviews below. This is 4 star smoke, one of Carol's best. Smokes cool and dry, no pop or sizzle here.

the boss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
the boss (6)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

incredible!! been a pipe smoker for 35 yrs, and what do i wind up loving?, yes a cherry tobacco. not an ordinary cherry, though. the red virginias make all the difference, in this blend. the cherry flavor is barely there. the room note is marvelous. 1st couple of bowls, just another tobacco. must remember, to give any tobacco a fair chance, at least 2 oz's is necessary to find out what you really have. this tobacco just gets better, and better. no goop, no gurgle, no bite. i personally need to find out if carole, at pipeworks@wilke smokes a pipe? how in the world does she come up with these blends!!!

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am glad to be the first to review this tobacco. I did not know what to expect when I ordered it. I thought "Why am I ordering Cherry tobacco?"I'm glad I did!This is a wonderful blend!It has a baked cherry aroma when burned. It is aromatic and flavorful without being nauseatingly sweet. The sweetness is a natural cherry flavor-meaning slightly tart and sweet.This stuff is cool as a cucumber and much better tasting.I think the reason this is so unique is the fact that it uses "Red Virginia".If you have ever smoked "Autumn Evening" by Cornell and Diehl you'll know what I mean. The difference being this never gets hot!It is so smooth and the cherry flavor fades in and out. It never becomes cloying.Think of a very high quality cherry candy that just coats the tongue with a wonderful flavor leaving you wanting more.I could go on and on,but I won't. This gets 4 of 4 aromatic stars! Not for the English lover but definitely for the Aromatic afficianado. Nothing like Gawith and Hoggarth Black cherry or Paladin. Ask for a sample with your next order. Happy puffing!

RaoulLeGouireMDPhD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RaoulLeGouireMDPhD (5)

This undoubtedly is the finest Cherry Cavendish I've ever enjoyed. The aroma is very pleasant, as is the taste. Pipeworks & Wilke offer FINE QUALITY aromatic tobacco blends that don't seem to be affected by the casing. The tobacco is PROPERLY CURED & mixed with Carole Burns' mastery, which provides for a great, relaxing smoke. No bite & burns right (pun intended). Very nice.

Pipe Used: Willmer Bel Aire

Age When Smoked: Newly mixed.

Purchased From: Pipeworks & Wike

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)

This is not a heavy, goopy, strong, sweet or overpowering cherry syrup concoction. This is a nice-quality tobacco with a light, balanced cherry flavoring which enhances the smoke. I actually occasionally find myself wishing for a bit more cherry. The vanilla hints are a nice add-on, and create lingering suggestions of cherry pastry in the pleasant room note. Smokes clean and pretty dry, down to a fine grey-white ash, with little or no wetness in the bottom of the bowl, and stays lit very well. It will bite if pushed hard, but not exessively so. One- point dedution for a slightly ashen post-smoke aftertaste. This is a nice, lightly blended aromatic that will not overpower the tobacco. If you want a massive cherryburst and a sweet or tart flavor in every hit, rather than just a wafting hint of mild cherryfruit and vanilla, look elsewhere. This one will not overpower you or become off-putting with chemically flavors or phony sweetness. Two and a half stars.

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)

Let me just start by saying that Pipeworks & Wilke produces the finest pipe tobacco blends available anywhere. Just check out thier reviews and all those stars!

Cherry cavendish is fantistic! Subtle flavors of cherry and vanilla are mildly present as to never let you forget that you are accually smoking tobacco. Yes, tobacco, Cavendish, Virginia and Burley. Having read some other reviews of this masterpiece I'm a little perplexed as to what people expect in a pipe tobacco. This is an excellent aromatic pipe tobacco with a fantastic room note, that being said, there are no tobacco's that taste like a bowl of cherries. For that I suggest you eat a bowl of cherries, maybe get yourself some cherry Lifesavers or maybe even get some cherry cough syrup and pour it over your favorite weed, I don't know. What I do know IMHO is that this is a fine blend, sweet and tasty. The best of its kind and second to none.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (115)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The first two reviewers of this blend summarized it very well. Another fine, non-biting aromatic blend from P&W, which makes some great ones. Very pleasant room note evokes compliments from the haus frau.

emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

...and I'm glad to be the second person reviewing this blend. This is not what I expected: thick, goopy, New York Bing or Michigan cherry one finds in ice cream or drug store tobacco blends. Wilke's is a cherry essence, tart and refined like Door County, Wisconsin cherries used in ciders and pies. I'm not sure how the capable Carole Burns applies this flavoring, but it seems as if it has been infused or distilled rather than directly applied or cased. An excellent, heavenly aromatic constructed with the outstanding Wilke Cavendish. The only problem - and this seems to be a trait of all aromatics - is that two thirds of the way through the bowl, it takes on a hot, acrid taste and begins to sear the tongue. That's most likely a result of the natural sugars of the tobacco interacting with the flavorings. For aromatic lovers and those desiring an occasional tart, tangy treat, pop your cherry with this pleasing mixture.

Three of five stars