This blend consists of world famous Green River Black
Cavendish which is expertly blended with burley and Virginia
tobaccos. The outstanding flavour and aroma are achieved by
the addition of a secret flavouring recipe.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Blended ByBrigham Enterprises Inc.
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Packaging45g Pouch
CountryCA
Strength
Taste
Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The very first tobacco I ever smoked and I instantly liked it. I found it full of flavour and for a while was my go-to tobacco. The scent from the pouch is one of vanilla and caramel. I found the smoke can be a little bit heavy if the tobacco is too moist, but still enjoyable. I received many comments of how good the room note was from non-smokers when I smoked this in the past. I think Brigham is definitely an underated manufacturer of tobaccos. I just wish they would have gone with tins instead of pouches for most of the tobaccos.

Sasquatch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sasquatch (65)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Typical "Canadian" black cavendish based aromatic tobacco. Unfortunately, Brigham has decided that better than sealed tins is cheap plastic bags and some propylene glycol to keep things humid.

This is decent tasting sweet weed, with a noticeably sweet room note.

That's it.

Not sure what the topping is... maybe some maple, maybe some vanilla, maybe a lotta stuff.... generic "aromatic" topping?

Tastes good. Burns too wet to get to the end of the bowl, and can't be dried short of in the oven.

I'd rather smoke Luxury Blend or Connoiseur's Choice from Peterson.

ThePipePirate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ThePipePirate (9)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Not a fan of aromatics. So keep that in mind before looking over my opinion.

Have tried many aromatics, but i must say this one probably comes closest to actually tasting something decent.

Still very dull. But it does smoke well..

NedF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NedF (22)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Typical generic aromatic. Some type of butterscotch, perhaps? The casing completely erases any tobacco taste, yet the flavour seems 'watery' as opposed to 'rich'. Burns hot, wet and steamy.

Thammy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thammy (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

A great tobacco with a great butterscotch taste to it. I enjoy it immensely however find it too sweet too smoke too often. All in all a very reliable blend but not one I would smoke too often.

DJO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DJO (2)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Let's get this out of the way: I like aromatics.

Now on to my review:

MMMmmmmMMmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmmmm!

ve3hip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ve3hip (4)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Im smoking a bowl of this at the moment also and when I first lit the bowl i think their secret flavoring has sort of a butterscotch taste although subtle.it has a very nice sweet flavor that I would attribute to the black Cavendish in the blend .It burns good and its very smooth nothing harsh about this blend one of my favorites for a mild aromatic its just right I would highly recommend this blend to other smokers

ACS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ACS (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I concur with the "smokes wet" comment. However, the scent is delightful, even to non-smokers' olfactory systems.Reasonably 'full'-tasting and not terribly hot burning. My favorite aromatic.

ironjammer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ironjammer (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Update: This tobacco does smoke very wet compared to other blends. Keep a pipe cleaner handy.

This is a great tobacco! Pouch note smells of butterscotch and smells great when smoked. Highly recommended. My favorite tobacco so far.

Alex Madsen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alex Madsen (2)

The "wife rating" (how apropos!) is quite high for this mellow tobacco. It leaves a light room note; sweet, but not in any way overpowering.

For fans of english and exotic blends, this may be the perfect indoor smoke for you. Other than my personal favorite, "Brigham Muskoka Mixture", I find Brigham's Own a delightful alternative to standing on the back porch during cold winter nights.

Brigham's Own is a great cavendish tobacco with just enough burley and Virginian tobacco in it to keep it from being a brutal tongue-burner; many Brigham aromatics are guilty of this, in my opinion. When Brigham succeeds, they do it well. However, when they fail, they do so miserably. There is no middle ground.

While I enjoy the taste of Brigham's Own and would gladly recommend it, I specifically enjoy their Muskoka Mixture; it truly is a perfect mix of sweet and spicy. I believe it to be Brigham's best blend.

hjorte_tak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hjorte_tak (5)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I have a bowl of this fine tobacco going as I write this review. I have tried a few of the Brigham tobacco blends and of the ones I've tried so far, this one is a definate winner. Their secret flavouring is unspeakably pleasant. I'm no expert, but I have tried various type of tobacco. I find this one to be soft, full and satisfying.

If you're more akin to Virginian this may be a bit too soft or sweet for you because of the Green River Cavendish, but it's worth the try. The tobacco itself comes in a 45g pouch here in Canada. The tobacco is light and fluffy in its consistency and packs into the bowl well. It smokes nice and cool if you don't puff too strongly on it and the bowl can last me about 40-50 minutes or so.

For the aromatic fan, this blend will not disappoint you. New pipe smokers would be advised to get ahold of this to try out, those around you who smell it will thank you. This tobacco could easily be smoked anytime of the day, and indeed it would be an ideal all day smoke.

I would hope that those of you reading this who can more adequately describe the finer nuances of tobaccos would try this one out and add your comments. Truly, I will be keeping this tobacco in my regular rotation.