This tobacco is a perfect composition of jet-black Black Cavendish and some sun-yellow Virginia, embedded in rose buds. Finest aroma of roses is added with a touch of caramel to caress the palate of the pipe smoker. A true smoking experience with a unique room atmosphere.

BrandRobert McConnell
Blended ByKohlhase & Kopp
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringCaramel, Other / Misc
Strength
Mild, Medium to Strong
Mild to Medium, Very Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

2.0
renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (58)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Red Roses ?

No, I don't think so.

It doesn't help this tobacco that I've just eaten a great lump of fudge (hand-made) before hand. So to be fair, this isn't a bad tobacco. It's just nothing special.

It looks pretty much a mundane cavendish mix with a few golden leaves (and I mean a very few). Very coarsely cut. Very dark. Nice aroma, with a hint, of............something that might well be roses, but more Debenhams perfume counter.

It looks a lot like Sunday Fantasy minus the coloured leaf. It tastes like a wishy-washy version of it too.

Burns nicely, not too many relights, which is the bugbear of so many good tobaccos and packs quite easily despite the rather rough cut.

This was only a 5g sample.

Will I be purchasing the big rack off tin ?

Nope.

purpleronald Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
purpleronald (16)
Mild Very Strong Very Mild Pleasant

I smoke this 'on occasion'(rare occasions) It could never be a daily smoke - and 'monthly' would be a lot! It's the sort of thing that would be very easy to bash...but it's so weird I like it! It actually has 'roses' ie. open up the tin and there are little pieces of 'rosebuds'. It smells like like roses and caramel! It's one dimensional and sweet! If you don't care for roses or caramel - you will hate this stuff! However, if once in a blue moon you want something sweet and unusual with some groovy tin art (there are 2 beautiful ladies showing cute rosebud breasts) then by all means go for it! I give it 3 stars for creativity! If I had to smoke it more than once a week...I'd probably give it only a single star. It burns well and isn't goopy. I only smoke it in a cheap butz chacom petite pipe... I dare not risk contaminating one of my good pipes! If you want less 'perfume' and a bit more complexity with at least a hint of real tobacco - try Glen Piper! They are 2nd cousins...bonded by black cavendish...