A satisfying, spicy and aromatic blend of Black Cavendish, Golden and Red Virginia, mixed with luxury broken flake. The aromatic recipe of Tropical fruit, Vanilla & Rum make this blend smooth and very pleasant.

BrandPeterson
Strength
Taste

CTS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CTS (109)

Smells great in the tin - and translates fairly well to the taste in the pipe. The vanilla and rum dance in and out during the smoke. A sweet, nutty, burley-like flavor comes out as I smoke through the bowl. The vanilla and rum hang on throughout - very pleasant. No problems lighting, packing, or smoking - no excessive heat. As with all Aros, and most everything, I pack the pipe by first doing a gravity feed, tapping the sides of the bowl until I fill it to the top. Then I take a moderately large pinch with three fingers and twist-pack it into the bowl, followed by uniformly crimping to the interior sides. Seems to work better than the old three step, particularly with Aros. A solid 4 star performer that consistently delivers within and across pipes.

Pipe Used: Karl Erik, Peterson

Age When Smoked: B&M shelf placement date of SEP 2010 noted on tin

Purchased From: Corona Smoke Shop, Jackson, MI

Susanna Hoffs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Susanna Hoffs (74)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Yea, I love the aromatics, so sue me. This is fruity, fruity, fruity. Did I mention that it's fruity?

For those of you that feel pressured to try the English blends "Coz you're not a real pipe smoker unless you do!" (Yawn!) I say this. Just smoke what you like mate..

If you like the aro's to hell with those that try to convince you that unless you smoke something that smells/tastes like leather or burning wood/rubber, then you're somehow inferior. Utter bollocks.

Good quality, dark fruit cakey, rummy, etc..etc..

A rich dessert smoke.

Umlilo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Umlilo (5)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I'd recommend this to new smokers looking for the more aromatic smoking experience. I say this because it is the closest I have come to finding an aromatic that smokes like it smells out of the tin - if that makes sense - taste and room note I suppose. I took to pipes from smelling others smoke and finding it pleasant and this blend takes me to that.

The vanilla comes through really well and I find even on the exhale it is pleasant to breath back in. I didn't get a soapy after taste like some of the aromatics I have tried.

I also preferred this to some of the other heavily alcohol laced aromatics I have tried. Whilst some have said this smokes hot I have tried some whisky blends that seem to fry me - I didn't get that with this, the alcohol wasn't over powering but if you don't have a taste for vanilla then pass on by.

I'd also say it has more strength to it than the Deluxe mixture - I now find that with Deluxe it is all smell, no taste or strength. This is a step up.

Pipe Used: Rattaray - Old Gowrie

Connoisseur’s Choice appears to have the quality underlying tobaccos that Peterson is known for and the tin note is enticing, mainly smelling of fruit. My memory may be off, but I recall some of the same flavors in the old Sunday Fantasy. I find CC to be kind of a typical fruit flavored aromatic albeit a higher quality one. The tin scent carries over fairly well to the smoke. For me to get the most out of this blend, I find that by drying it toughly, the tobacco flavor emerges, offering a better balance between tobacco and flavoring. It can burn a little hot if pushed. If I could review this based on just the first half of each bowl, I would recommend it, but as the bowl progresses, it loses points with me because there is a slight chemical taste that seems to waft in and out. It is just slight, but it is enough to keep me from reaching for it verses other aromatics when smoking the occasional aromatic blend. CC is decent stuff, but not a bell ringer for me.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Too many flavors. Why mess up quality tobacco with so many flavors? I mean fruit, vanilla, rum, and...maple? Too many notes, my dear Mozart! Well, Mozart never used too many notes-this is more like Reger. I can smoke this kind of aromatic only when I am in a certain mood, and with the proper drink-some sweet cocktail or liqueur, and I don't drink those often.

1-16-10 To Sinister Topiary: (what a great name!) I am impressed by anyone who knows who Max Reger was. His music is...unique, kind of like Brahms on speed or angel dust, but the bespecticled, fat late romantic composer wouldn't have cared whether you liked his music or not. He just kept on churning those hour-long string quartets and such out, sequestered in his shed with no other care in the world. He has to his credit the best reply to a bad review ever: "I am sitting in the smallest room of my house. Your review is before me. Soon it will be behind me." He was a cigar smoker, by the way.

2-16-11 This is a nice aro. Thing is, with well-made aros, I want to puff too hard, and get bitten...really doesn't help smoking this in this clay pipe that I fear was made more as a souvenir than an actual smoking device...I am too harsh. Actually, this German-made Irish-themed thing smokes OK if you don't push it so hard, and the same is true of this tobacco. Long live the extravagant, Reger and over-the-top aromatics and such. You just have to enjoy them in smaller doses sometimes.

Strichetto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Strichetto (16)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Bought in Israel in 2013 at average price for good quality tobaccoes, it comes in the usual round tin. At opening is a ribbon cut with a strong, sweet, unusual and original flavour of exotic fruits and liqueurs. A little more moisted than necessary.

Flavour: exotic fruits and spirits, maple, and everything else I cannot recognize... really sweet, but good.

Taste: usually I do not appreciate aromatic tobaccoes a lot, but this is so different than usual aro to be quite intriguing...

Room note: sweet, quite persistent, but pleasant

Burning: not so fast as some aromatics are (in my experience too many are too fast, and others too wet), this is OK.

Best briars: DO NOT use your EM dedicated briars, by Jove! I made the mistake with one of them: this tobacco can give one of the strongest ghost scent I know... and it's not bad too, but kills EM taste!

Between Peterson's tobaccoes I tryed, this is a pretty original idea, as usual well manufactured and quite good. I enjoied it, but is too sweet to be really in my mood. If you desire an aromatic experience really different from usual, recommended...

Age When Smoked: not seasoned

Purchased From: Jerusalem, Israel

Coltrain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coltrain (8)
Extremely Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A typical Peterson aromatic. Wet with casing. If you are familiar with their tobaccos and can manage smoking them I would recommend you try this. Even if you aren't I recommend you try it. It just needs to be minded as it gets HOT. It smells amazing, I don't think any aromatic smells as good as it. About half way through the bowl it looses the flavour of the casing and you're left with a bland tobacco. Okay tobacco. Nice to smoke if you have noses around to please.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (111)

I bought this one just on a whim, fancied an aromatic and this seemed as good as any.

The tin aroma is a strong one of vanilla with wafts of rum and a little whiff of something citrus. The packing and lighting are easy enough, those little bits of flake are a delight, folding easily into the pipe. The flavour of the smoke is, as tends to be the case with aromatics and a little disappointingly so, a much milder version of the tin aroma. It's still a nice smoke though. In the last third, the flavour gives way to something of a caramel taste, a rather nice surprise. There are occasional whiffs of tonguebite but it's not a big deal.

In summary a good little aro with a good quality tobacco underneath. Yes, the flavour of the smoke is a lot milder than that of the tin aroma but let's face it, most aros are like that. Given that, this is a good smoke and will gladly give it three stars.

jlmdoval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jlmdoval (11)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Tropical Fruit and Rum are present from beginning to the end of the bowl. Unfortunately for me, the vanilla flavour is imperceptible. Very pleasant to the non- smokers around you.

Uniform burn, mellow smoke and recommended for a warm afternoon.

midna Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
midna (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I can see why this is called Connoisseur's choice. Treat it gently and you will be rewarded. Go gung ho and you will be punished.

In the tin this tobacco smells incredible. Very complex mix of aromas; rum, vanilla, almost a pina colada smell, with sugary prunes. It's presented as a ribbon but I've found quite a few bits of flake in mine too. A good assortment of colours. All in all a very visually and sensually appealing tobacco.

Before you light I would STRONGLY recommend drying it out. If not on a plate for half an hour, in your pipe overnight. It's very moist in the tin and will be a pain to keep lit without drying. Indeed even with drying it needs quite a bit of nurture to keep up the pleasant taste.

It offers a thick white smoke and a lovely white ash once it gets going. Initially those tinned flavours- pineapple, vanilla, alcohol- do come through. Not NEARLY as strongly as in the tin, but so it goes with aromatics... Towards the end of the bowl you taste a bit more of the tobacco. Ever so slightly nutty, still quite sweet; verging on but not quite getting bland. The room note is fantastic, too. It did surprise me that there's no Burley in this one. For a Virginia Cavendish it's quite nutty and sometimes even floral on the retrohale.

Perhaps the best thing about this tobacco is it forms an excellent cake, if you have the patience to smoke it all the way down. Without exception I've always had to leave this one and come back because it does burn on the hot side.

I would HIGHLY recommend this one to beginners. Not only will it get your first pipe prepped nicely, this tobacco offers a lot in the way of learning about the right variables for a nice smoke (humidity, flavouring, building up nicotine resistance slowly, keeping your pipe lit properly, the value of packing properly).

What I would say is that I think this is a tin that could do with ageing a little. Perhaps a few months. Without age, it's bites a little more, gurgles a little more and is harsher than it could be. Also, as I said, it needs to be treated VERY gently. Tamp lightly, pack loosely and light carefully.

In short, if you're looking for a pleasant aro and don't mind putting the work in, you wouldn't do badly to pick up a tin of this. It's certainly my favourite Peterson's blend.

The Conde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Conde (17)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Another good aromatic from Peterson. Taste is a nice mix of vanilla and rum over Virgina and black cavendish tobaccos. There is a hint of maple but not overpowering. One of my favorites.

Pipe1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe1000 (14)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Wow, a lovely tobacco from Petersons!

As I do with most aromatics, I dried it for a few minutes before lighting which often leaves me with a fairly dry bowl and this was no exception...

On first light my wife commented on the fantastic sweet caramel & vanilla room note, I too got a strong taste of the caramel & vanilla on the charring light, but that soon smoothed out to a wonderful bowl. No tongue bite, a nice amount of nicotine and a very consistent smoke throughout.

It's understandable why they call it Connoisseurs Choice, It's a fairly subtle flavour with wonderful Virginia's, it's not a mouth-watering aromatic, but good none the less!

Joeray Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joeray (57)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Is quite long I'm not smoking aromatics after had some bad experiences with them. Is about last 3 - 4 months that I'm not smoking aromatic and just enjoying virginia, vaper, english and others non-aromatic tobacco. If I'm make order of tobaccos, definitely sure I will not order aromatic tobaccos, just put them away from my mind. Until my friend last month send me 3 tin of aromatic tobaccos and this Peterson Connoisseur Choice is one of them that had been sent to me from my friend. Not really passionated to open it so I just put them on my desk and I'm continuing my journey with non-aromatic blends until yesterday I decided to try to smoke aromatic blends again and this Peterson CC is my first try.

The tin note is just like other aromatics, wonderful, a really mouth watering scent that very tempting to smoke them in hurry. But I'm still thinking this wonderful scent/tin note just a seduction, some aromatics tobacco had different taste and flavor after it burnt on pipe and the best is just until 1/3 bowl it can tasted as same as the tin notes. I can smell wonderfull scents of vanilla, caramel, rum, a little bit banana and a little bit pineaple, so sweet and it remainds me to my favorite bubble gum that I usually chewed at my teenager age.

With ribbon cut, which is my favorite cut also with coarse cut, this stuff is easy to pack. It become in to my habbit if I'm smoking aromatics, before I pack them in to my pipe I put them into a paper and let them in open air for 10-15 minutes. This Peterson Connoisseur Choice is came to me with a nice moisture level, almost similar with the MacBarren's moisture level but I'm still worried if this stuff will soak my pipe very badly, so give an air time is still the best preventive action to enjoy well this stuff for me.

After 15 minutes air time, I made 3 layers packing in to my tamarind patrikson putu cowe pipe, which is a full bent billiard pipes, my favorite Indonesian local pipe. Make a nice charring light, tamp it with gentle and puff it with slowly, and the smoke is quite great. The taste and flavor is just like the tin note, the vanilla and caramel flavor is dancing so sweet in to my palate and my nose follows with pineapple and rum scents. It taste so sweet at my mouth and I'm surprised the smokes translate the tin notes so well. It smokes well until the half bowl, and after half bowl the taste is change in to nutty flavor that cames more dominant follows with a thin vanilla and rum, the fruity scents is starts to disappears. And the good news is, it doesn't soak my pipe very bad, still wet, but not soak my pipe very bad.

So this stuff is very good for me, at least I can smoke this stuff freely inside the house without my wife get annoyed. Thanks to my friend that is so generous to share this stuff with me and made me to found an aromatic blend that fit on my taste.

Pipe Used: Putu Cowe Tamarind Patrikson

Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

This is very nice !The smoke is very thick and delightful . It gives off a lovely room note and the vanilla can be detected in both the taste and room note . If inhaled there is no reprisals at all and there is no tongue bite . The burn is cool ,as is the smoke . Also a very steady and even burn .Very hard to find a negative point for this one .

Pipe Used: Commoys elegance

Purchased From: Smoke King

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (129)

A nice addition to Peterson's line of aromatics. all the elements seem to combine for a very fine smoking experience. If you are into aromatics, then definitely give this one a try. Recommended.

pipesk81 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipesk81 (1)

This smells great in the tin. I got lots of the tropical fruit and vanilla scent. I almost wish it didn't smell so good. I found almost none of scent translated to the smoke. That would have been fine if I could have picked up even a hint of sweetness. Nope I even tried this in two different pipes to see if there would be any difference--nope.

I also got a bit of tongue bite with this and it burned really hot. It didn't come cut as fine as other Peterson tobaccos and that made it not as easy to pack.

Overall--Smells great, really mild, bad flavor, burns hot, tongue burn, nice room note.

I will not order this again, I'd rather have Luxury Blend if I'm going with Peterson

McKNooB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
McKNooB (34)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

New to pipe smoking, I find myself reaching for this blend more than any other.

Very easy to work with (pack and light). I was amazed upon opening the tin and was not disappointed when I curiously filled my favourite Savinelli. Was not disappointed.

Very smooth. I didn't notice any bite (though admittedly, I smoked this one way, way too fast; have since slowed down). I love the taste!!! It is the War Departments' favourite aroma and the neighbours came out and asked what that smell was.

Highly recommended.

jacques1960 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jacques1960 (27)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am with The Conde on this; of the many aromatics I have smoked , this one struck an extraordinary note in the tine, in the bowl, and with the Mrs.

'Nuff said

PS - concur with gurgle remark below; however, it was brief (and only once)

Sparco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sparco (1)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Is good teaste and smooth like tahat whisky like this and alcohol and best to the tobaco to be lens good Virginia and cavandish so very good for me

Pipe Used: Normal

Age When Smoked: 28

Purchased From: Uk

Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I just reviewed Nutty Cut and find this to be quite similar but with a slightly different flavor profile - both offerings rated very mild. The major differences are with the tin note having a more fruity essence (I would guess Mango) and slightly more of a rum presence than with Nutty Cut. As with Nutty Cut, loading and lighting were relatively easy as was keeping it lit throughout the smoke. I did find it to smoke a bit hotter than Nutty Cut, but there was no bite. It had a tendency to gurgle at times and that was in a Peterson System Pipe buy the way. It had more of a rum presence than Nutty Cut. I couldn't detect the vanilla and the fruity essence in the tin note didn't translate much in the smoke. Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant smoke but way too mild for my liking. Between this and Nutty Cut, I prefer Nutty Cut, but Hyde Park and Holiday Season 2012 are way better in terms of flavoring and they both had more of a tobacco presence than either Connoisseur's Choice or Nutty Cut. Still I can recommended it with 3 stars, but like Nutty Cut, not a first stringer with me. If you like mild and want a nice room note smoke, you can't go wrong with either of CC or NC.

UPDATE 1-4-13: I like this one better when I add some Hyde Park as it gives the overall smoke more body and additional flavors.

erthbound0 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
erthbound0 (7)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This tobacco depends on what your objective is. If you are looking for a great smelling tobacco to excite yours and other people's noses this is four stars. But I do not get much taste out of it. The only flavoring I can detect is the rum and vanilla.

I do like the low nic hit as it doesn't keep me wired at night, but there is low nicotine in the blend.

I would definitely recommend it just for the smell of the tin and aroma alone. It really does smell like a fruit cake.

Aromatic Al Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Aromatic Al (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Smells like fruitcake in the tin - very sugary. Considering that the blend has some lighter Cavendish and Virginia in with the black Cavendish, I was expecting some body to the smoke, but it was light. Too light for my tastes. The casing, although it smelled medium in the tin, also tasted light. Perhaps this is because the tobacco [in my well-sealed tin] was very dry for an aromatic. Hardly moist at all, like it had been left out for a week. If you like a semi-aromatic, or a more subtle aromatic that is smooth and mild, this may be for you. No tongue bite or gurgling with this one.

Another problem I have with this aromatic is that the tobacco has a slight spicy taste to it that doesn't mesh with the fruitcake flavoring. One could argue that it adds complexity to the flavor profile. This slight spiciness is also apparent in the tin aroma.

The room note is excellent, tho I can't really identify what I am smelling as far as the different ingredients advertised to be in the casing. For example, I detect no coffee taste or aroma.

When I exhale the smoke, it seems rather empty. Or flat. It has no weight to it. Partly because the smoke is so bone dry. The deficiencies of this blend become extremely apparent when compared to a MUCH better version of it - Dan Tobacco Blue Note - another black Cavendish/Virginia blend with whiskey, fruit/citrus, and vanilla flavoring. Unless your tastes run to a mild and dry semi-aromatic, best to skip it.

Kevinalban Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kevinalban (9)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

One of my "special occasion" tins. I dont ever want it to wear out its welcome. Was recommended to me buy the owner of a local shop, and I trust the mans taste. Now I dont get the tropical fruit as much as I get an almost caramel/rum thing. A glass of Iced Tea and this in my pipe and Im good to go.

Oz Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Oz Piper (6)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

In the land down under we are heavily taxed on everything so any tobacco product is damned expensive. 50 grams will cost you anything from $35 - $50 bucks oz dollars dependant on brand. Anyway, I am a novice (12 months) to the pipe. I haven't yet progressed to english blends still enjoying the aro's and this is the best i have found so far in our very limited selection of brands. It smells great in the tin, easy to pack and lights and smokes well with only a couple of tamps required. My mates all comment on the great room note and reckon you could eat this out of the tin. It was a bit moist in the tin so 15-20 minutes drying time did the trick for me. Smoked in a large stanwell filter pipe so tounge bite wasn't a problem and I usually puff at full steam ahead. Enjoyed this more than Sunset Breeze. This will become a staple in my limited collection. Highly recommended

JustinCarcerated Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JustinCarcerated (50)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Second Peterson aromatic blend for me-Sunset Breeze being the first. Well packaged-as is a Peterson trait, moist,needs drying till about 1/2 way through tin. Nice rummy/fruity aroma, the better half likes the room note (as long as its wafting through the porch only). Nice Lucky Charms-like bits of yellow flake throughout, smooth and not harsh with no tongue bite; to that end I only smoke aromatics in a Peterson Drinkless with the standard P-hole, as it has proven to be very suitable for aros. I always keep an aromatic in my 4 blend rotation, although each tin last twice as long because it's only for mornings when I can enjoy a bowl. Better tasting than Sunset Breeze to me, quality smoke.

SGTMantis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SGTMantis (3)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This tobacco has everything I dream of in a smoke. The sweet, relaxing notes of the maple, rum and vanilla, as well as the wonderful tobacco flavors from the flake. I purchased a tin of this stuff with my Savinelli Oscar Tiger Rhodesian. IMO, no better way to experience the art of pipe smoking. The tin note offers caramel, rum and tobacco. Light up offers much the same. I really am glad I found this tobacco. It is now in my regular rotation.

Grandad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grandad (8)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

As with all Peterson aromatics, I still find they differ from tin to tin in regards to flavour and taste which is why, I guess, there are so many differing views in regard to how good or bad they are.

Personally, I really liked this one. When I opened the tin, the aroma wasn't very strong but when lit the smell and taste was very moreish, which is probably why I finished the tin quicker than I normally do!

If you're trying do cut down on eating cake, this would make a great substitute to that after dinner smoke/dessert.

ewlship Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ewlship (14)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

I enjoyed this blend, however it is much like a lot of Peteron's other sweeter products. It reminded me of Sweet Killarney, and did not stand out as a unique or memerable tobacoo. The only major difference I noticed was a some floral aroma. I went through the tin pretty quick, with the help of a friend. Neither one of us was disappointed, but I don't think I will be rushing out to stock up on more. As with every Peterson product I have tried, the tobacco itself was perfect, and burned to the end of the bowl. I did not detect any "tropical fruit" or rum, but did get a taste of maple. I would say this tobacco is worth trying.

?pe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
?pe (41)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

There's a lot of similarity in Peterson's aromatic range. So it's another sweet aromatic with a hint of... what's this one? Fruit and rum? Oh, okay. It might smell slightly different to Gold Blend and Nutty Cut, but it tastes very similar.

If you like Peterson's style of aromatics then this one won't disappoint. Or surprise.

FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (19)

I'm new to pipe smoking, so take from this what you will... I've only tried 3-4 kinds of tobacco so far, but this one is currently my favourite.

When you open the tin, you get a pleasant fruit-cake like smell. You almost want to eat the tobacco, which is odd because I don't like to eat fruit cake...

It has a mild or very mild taste when you smoke it. Sweet and pleasant, maybe hints of something like maple. It is nice, but not as strong of a flavour as I had hoped for.

The room note is also light and pleasant. My wife likes the aroma too.

The tobacco burns well straight out of the tin. On my 2nd or 3rd bowl, I was able to smoke the bowl nearly to the bottom on one match, with no relights. That's something I couldn't do with the other tobaccos I have tried. (smokes well in a corn cob too)

I definitely recommend this tobacco, especially to Australian pipe smokers who don't have a huge selection of tobaccos to choose from. I can definitely see myself buying this one again after trying out more of Peterson's range.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (82)

A very well done aromatic. One of the most enjoyable I've smoked. I cellared this particular tin a year before I cracked it open two weeks ago for a Christmas treat. I'm very glad I did. The casings/flavorings are very enjoyable and do not overpower the various tobaccos. Smooth, spicy, relaxing. Excellent.

Happy New Year!

Stress Free Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stress Free (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

My favourite aromatic, it smokes to the bottom of the bowl on the original light - and with NO bite!

It has a very pleasant room note. My wife calls it "dessert."

It is an excellent tobacco from Petersons of Dublin, Ireland.

Scallywag58 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Scallywag58 (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This at the moment is my favourite Aromatic blend !! Just the right moisture levels straight from the tin. Pack the bowl light, tamp, re-light and "gently" sip away, tamping about every 4 or five minutes and it'll smoke right down to a white ash !! puurrfik. Never had a bite off this tobacco and its quite flavoursome, all the way down. A good high quality blend for new smokers too as I feel the nicotine levels to be quite manageable or even quite low, I have never had a nicotine hit from this blend but I am not a "puffing Billy", I like to chill, there's not a rush in me now'a'day. The bonus side effect is...... Your wife / partner will love the aroma, never fails !!! in fact? I might even get away with a "in- door smoke" around Christmas time, well it does smell a little like plum pudding and it would make a welcome change to those smelly old floral things my wife plugs into the electrical socket ( which by the way offends ME, as if that matters, lol ). I agree with the previous review, and set aside a pipe just for this blend, I have two and one is in my fishing basket !! Its good practice to have a pipe for each brand of tobacco your going to smoke regular and use corncobs for testers.

SmileyOrb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmileyOrb (12)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Now this is the stuff! A fine aromatic with a subtle rum taste and cherries. My wife likes the aroma. When I'm in the mood this is my alternative to St Bruno and Players Navy cut, do is comparatively very different. I enjoy this and smokes easily without burning too hot. But I sometimes need to rest my pipe a few times as the flavor can hold for a few days in a briar. I can sometimes not turn to this as too much can spoil the sensation on the nose. It's a fine smoke. It has a mind a tropical taste which I appreciate. To use an extreme example, you could smoke this whilst watching Pirates of the Caribbean - but it's not a "cheap" tasting tobacco. I'm impressed. It's in the same league as Sunset Breeze but has a different, not so floral melody to the taste. I do recommend it if you like smoking aromatics occasionally.

Trippwire Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Trippwire (58)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Tasted a bit cherryish, like sunset breeze but more confectionary flavoured. This lightens up a bit after the tin being opened for a week. Decent nicotine levels, this actually hurt my lungs for 24 hrs (I inhaled), I think this was due to the topping on the tobacco. Good quality as usual from peterson, If you like lolly smoke, buy this. I think it's a good tobacco, but a little too sweet to buy again.

Galathorn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Galathorn (5)
Mild Strong Very Mild Pleasant

When you open the tin, you meet a strong aroma. They say it is composed of Vanilla, Rum and Citrus fruits but I could not detect them seperately. Nevertheless the smell is nice.

Let's light our pipe. I cannot say I taste something, the taste is very flat actually and sometimes it tends to taste bad. Should you puff quickly you'll get a nice tongue bite, so be carefull! The room note is nice and pleasant though...

Overall:

If you are really into aromatics, try this tobacco, it may end up as one of your favourites.

If you don't like aromatics very much or you hate them, avoid this tobacco.

Papa Koala Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papa Koala (8)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

You take of the lid and the smell is quite intoxicating. Hell, forget smoking this just stick your nose in the tin and breath deeply. I find my self doing this a lot. In fact I'm stopping here to do it again. Ahhhhhhh. Sorry about that. Ok then. I have two different pipe systems. One is Peterson's p-lip and the other is the Design Berlin twin bore with 9mm filter. Test number 1: Smoking with DB system. Result? Very pleasant fruity smoke on the tongue with a nice balance of casing to Virginia tobacco. Room note very nice and remains so after the last puff. Test number 2: Smoking with Peterson p-lip system. Result? Very bland taste but same yummy room note. Conclusion: To get the best from this tobacco I would recommend a pipe with a straight through style mouth piece and not a p-lip. I would add this to my favourites list based on the note from the tin alone. In fact I will. Highly recommended, 4 stars. I like it.

colonelcustard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
colonelcustard (4)
Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

smells great, no real taste.

I bought this stuff a few of years ago and set it aside when I began experimenting with English and Balkan blends.

I still enjoy smoking aromatics for variety and because I love the way they smell.

I recently picked up a Savinelli estate buy on ebay that smokes like an absolute dream. As an experiment I smoked a vanilla-cased cavindesh blend prior to lighting up a bowl of connoisseurs choice.

Here's what I finally realized (after some experience) about this tobacco: it smokes really hot.

The difference in temperature of the two was noticeable and startling. This stuff literally felt like hot steam on my tongue.

It's no wonder I always got the worst tongue bite smoking this when I first started (ah well, at least now I know.)

Anyway, if you're going to smoke it, use caution and definitely don't smoke it too fast because your tongue will pay the price.

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Maybe some vanilla/rum, but mostly sour berry like the old " fruit strip gum" the cherry piece, nice. needs some time to breath or it will be hot and steamy. I'm not an aromatic kind of smoker, but this one I can get by with, along with "Luxury blend". Flavor stays almost through the entire pipe. I might keep this one around. No gurgle, no real bite, wife didn't complain, I can only hope it will age well since this is a once a week smoke.

3/26/12 I pulled this one out from behind the cellar to give it another go. I still agree with my above review , however I picked up some bitterness and bite. Will not buy again.

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (43)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

As I said on the IPPC, I now know what heaven tastes like. My first go with this blend was with a glass of Baileys and it was wonderful. It does tend to smoke a bit hot, and this is kind of how I've understood the dedicating of pipes to certain blends, but a warm bowl is well worth it for the flavor. A great mix of black cavendish, golden and red virginias, and a luxury broken flake. It's flavored with tropical fruit, maple, vanilla, and rum. Smells and tastes divine. If you're an aromatic lover, definitely grab a tin of this when you can.

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

CC is a lush, flavorful aromatic. The toppings combine for a rich, delicious taste.

The only things keeping me from awarding this one four stars are its tendency to burn a bit hot (not like those bowls of hot coals from Mac Dante's Inferno, but a bit too hot never-the-less) and that the flavorings seem to pretty much burn off by the the second half of the bowl.

Aromatic lovers should definitely give this a try.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I enjoyed this blend but it is not quite as good as DeLuxe or Solani Sweet Mystery

Brown Pipeman 1940 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brown Pipeman 1940 (40)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Since this blend has been reviewed so much, I won't go into any great details about it. It is a very pleasant aromatic. I smoked about half of the tin in meerschaum pipes and the rest in briar pipes and it smoked very well in both. The flavors of fruit and vanilla predominated, although there was a slight hint of maple.

While I recommend this blend, I must say that I will not be purchasing anymore. Why? Because I have not found a tin of this sold for under $10 anywhere in the U.S. And for that amount, there are simply plenty of other great aromatics, such as some of the Boswell or Stokkebye blends, that you can buy in bulk, taste and smoke just as good, and you will receive more than twice the amount of tobacco for less than what you paid for this tin. If this was sold in bulk at a better price, I'd be willing to purchase it again.

thefoolish Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thefoolish (9)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Oh, yeah. That's the stuff.

I have spent the last few weeks smoking nearly nothing but the new Master-Pease, Jack Knife Plug. After being inundated with that flavor for so long, I was ready for something relaxing and different.

I remembered this tin of Connoisseur's Choice that I had opened a while ago and never really smoked -- I guess life just got in the way.

I opened the tin and saw what looked like a firework display against the night sky: reds and golds, all dancing gracefully against a black background.

Taking a sniff, I was transported to a beach with white sand and clear, blue water, where a scantily clothed vixen handed me a drink served in a halved coconut, with a little umbrella sticking out of the top. That's the aroma I got.

Oddly, the smell of the tin made me nervous. So often, I smell an aromatic that teases and entices, only to find that the smoke, A) Doesn't live up to the smell of the tin, or B) I am flooded by syrup in smoke form. Luckily, Connoisseur's Choice delivered without leaving me feeling like I had just finished a serving of maple syrup with a side of pancakes. Rolling the smoke around in my mouth, I was reminded once more of that vixen and the coconut drink, and I had to try very hard to resist drinking up the smoke. I tasted vanilla and fruit -- mango? maybe even banana? -- and rum as I exhaled.

The smoke burned quite nicely into ash, leaving no dottle.

Leaving the room for a moment after the smoke, I was pleased to discover my smoking-area deliciously inviting.

I look forward to my next bowl of this blend. I don't think that my affinity for this blend makes me a "Connoisseur", but rather someone who appreciates luxury and beaches with white sand.

adjman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
adjman (7)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It's early days yet for me, but I have a feeling this is going to be a repeat purchase for me. A fantastic smell out of the tin and a delightful smoke, all the flavour and sweetness with the fruity aromas and taste. It's like smoking christmas pudding, it's lovely.

fireball Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fireball (36)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Update: I just can't smoke this anymore! I think it has become a novelty balti for me. Ghosts up my aro pipe something rotten. Downgraded to somewhat recommended - if you are an aro man/woman.

Much like a 'Tropical Balti', there's a lot going on, and I wondered initially if it was going to come together, or become a novelty that would wear off quickly. In fact, it's grown on me, it's a pleasant, fruity, sweet vanilla, fairly light, cool burning treat after dinner, a second dessert if you like. My wife (not normally a fan) on room note: 'Aaah, that one smells lovely'.

morphijuana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morphijuana (17)

My first smoke of this blend wasn't as satisfying as others I've tasted, but I wasn't completely disappointed. However, upon revisting it several more times I have come to appreciate it for being a great tobacco. When I take slow draws and let it roll over my tongue, I can taste all the flavors that are advertised on the can, a step above mild, and a great room note, I would suggest this tobacco to anyone.

FunnyPipe727 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FunnyPipe727 (20)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

If you're a pipe smoker who fancies aromatic tobacco and you want to feel more luxurious than usual, have a go with this blend. This is a sensory adventure of a tobacco. It starts with the fruity, caramel scent with just a hint of coffee and wood smoke. Lots going on already, and you've only just popped the seal on the tin. This tobacco packs well, lights evenly, smokes cool and without too much gurgling. But most importantly, it tastes just like it smells: Amazing. Many flavors come together to create a full-bodied (but not overpowering) smoke. The taste is initially fruity, almost like orange or grapefruit, but the Cavendish adds a chocolaty coffee- like taste that lends a full bodied tone and rich creamy smoke. (Excellent leaf for smoke rings by the by) Finally, to top it off and give an already satisfying blend that little extra zing, the Red Virginia comes through to finish off the taste with a rather satisfying woody and peppery spice note. Delectable to say the least. I would not recommend this tobacco to beginning pipe smokers as it's very rich in flavor, however it is good for transition from aromatic tobacco to more traditional Balkan and English mixtures. Excellent mixture through and through. This will definitely remain in my smoking regimen for years to come.

mawi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mawi (1)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of my favorite tobacco's. The aroma is exquisite, a very pleasant room note. If you like aromatics, I can highly suggest this one! You won't be disappointed! Don't smoke it too fast though, take your time and enjoy! I never had to relight, burns well, no tongue bite whatsoever.

dkunath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dkunath (1)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

The sensory immersion starts when you open the can! This tobacco has a wonderful aroma.

Mr.Wilson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr.Wilson (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Should you find yourself stood in front of a firing squad for whatever reason, and they give you the customary option of a last smoke, ask for this. You'll go out happily sedated.

Update: After smoking it for a while my enthusiasm has cooled down somewhat as I've found myself increasingly warming up to English blends. Still a fair choice for a firing squad smoke though. I find it best enjoyed smoked as slowly as possible.

Ben.Reilly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ben.Reilly (2)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

Overall, it was good. It was a tad dry in the tin, but still enjoyable. The flavor did not pack as much punch as I thought it would, but overall it was a solid purchase. The smell upon opening the tin was subtle, but enjoyable.

BlackVelvet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BlackVelvet (3)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Mild but magnificent!!! Upon opening the tin, you are greeted with a lovely fruit-cake smell, very sweet smelling. I let it dry for a little while before packing it, and I packed it nice and loose. The taste is kinda spicy, and fruity, like tropical fruit (if smoked slow and cool) It's a lovely taste, very moreish, I found myself grabbing another pipe after my first bowl to experience it all over again! The room note is absolutely gorgeous, I mean, literally AMAZING... I would quite happily set this up as some sort of incense because it really does smell so good, smells like a really fruity moist cake freshly baked... Mmmmmm!!!

I highly recommend this, it's a great tobacco, anyone who say it's not, is very unlucky to have either recieved a bad tin, or packed it too tight, or just doesn't have the right chemistry in their mouth! You must try it, I bet you'll love it (aromatic smokers only though!!)

ofelia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ofelia (4)
Very Mild Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is the best tobacco I have smoked in ages.the aroma,flavour,etc is superb.They should make this in bigger tins since it is a tobacco you can smoke at any time of day.Goes exellent with a good cup of tea

jazzmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jazzmoke (57)

Nice tobacco with a noticeable maple flavor. Not as good as WO Larsen, but I will buy some more.

tips: Let it dry, it's better. Smoke it slow.

paddy1981 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paddy1981 (4)
Mild Mild Full Very Pleasant

This stuff starts from the very moment you open the tin. WOW it smells good enough to eat (seriously) it is one of the nicest aroma's I have ever come across.

Its a lovely leaf to pack. It tastes beautiful. (to note: it tastes a lot more subtle then it smells) It leaves a hint of chocolate (coco) on the palet.

It burns well, even and cool. It also leaves a nice room note. pleasant and not overpowering.

Its just a fabulous overall smoke. I would consider it an everyday tabacco. A real treat in the evenings and would compliment a nice Irish whiskey (Jameson 1780) or brandy (Hennessy cognac)

Enjoy it lads i would highly recommend it to you all.

Daggers62 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Daggers62 (18)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Pleasant

Open the tin and the smell is awesome, really nice and fruity and makes you look forward to your first bowl full.

For me, thats where the enjoyment ends.

I have tried hard to like this tobacco but for me there is too much going on and is like smoking a bowl of pot pouri without any real definition of flavour.

I bought this based on the reviews here but it didnt work for me, win some lose some.

Fubber Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fubber (9)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I love this stuff. Like most of you I have tried tons of tobaccos and while this is not my favourite tobacco (if there is such a thing!)I could happily smoke this every day. Nice tobacco flavours with nice fruit notes. I recommend it highly.

ynrozturk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ynrozturk (40)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I was so bored of smoking Mac Baren's Black Ambrosia that I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a dull knife. I had a tin of this lying around and had never opened it before so, what the hell?

Whoah!! This stuff smells absolutely delicious. Though as we all know, most of the time the smell doesn't translate to the actual smoke, so I approached with caution.

The tobacco itself is beautiful - nice shades of tobacco in there with broken flakes. Mmmm, flakes. Moisture levels seemed to be just right, so I went ahead and loaded up a bowl and lit up.

Took to a flame well, and stayed lit all the way down after a single tamp. The flavor is pretty complex, and I agree with previous reviewers saying that there is too much going on - I mostly got the rum and fruit. Room note is out of this world.

Tongue bite? Over heating? Gurgle? None of that. Mine smoked smooth and cool down to the last embers.

Top notch smoke.

Tom Servo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Servo (58)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

In the tin this stuff smells delicious, I didn't know whether to smoke it or put whipped cream on it.

Comes across with a very appealing room note. But all those flavors that were so lovingly applied to this mixture, not to mention the poor tobaccos themselves, are all quickly lost in biting heat and the fog of my own apathy.

I may be too critical. Basically I feel that this mixture is nothing special, but it is priced like it is something special.

Try Boswell's Pipes' aromatic mixtures instead - i.e. Berry Cobbler or Christmas Cookie - The tobaccos and the delicious flavors come off much better in those mixtures.

I seem to have trouble appreciating Peterson's aromatic blends. Odd, because I love their pipes.

The Full English Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Full English (31)

An otherwise standard, yet attractive mixture, given some interest and body with the nice addition of coarse strands of broken flake, which goes some way to make up for a somewhat lacklustre base. However, Peterson do score with a massive bouquet that's up there with the very best of aromatics. I can't quite place the fruit, but it's an absolute top-note. Balanced with the equally present maple and rum, there seems to be some serious complexity at work under the tin lid. The sum total of fragrances is akin to Bailey's Irish Cream, and even more so, Amarula liqueur.

Connoisseur's Choice is very much the bigger brother to the Luxury Blend, packing similar, yet bigger flavours, and smoking a great deal hotter, with an incredibly spicy finish, that some are going to find way too aggressive. Smooth it is not, but the pleasing toffee-fruit room note gets a big thumbs up from room dwellers, even if you yourself are left fighting a tad too hard to get a handle on the raw tobacco. The base virginias are a little flat for my liking, but everything else pulls them through to create a relatively pleasing smoke that's like rum punch at the beginning, going through salty in the mid bowl to creamy soap at the end. Moreover, I find a p-lip bit pretty hopeless with this tobacco, and it seems to respond much better to a wide fishtail mouthpiece.

It's a veritable journey into the senses, and although not quite as balanced as some of its closest rivals (perhaps Ashton's Smooth Sailing), it piques my interest enough to allot it three stars. Pretty decent stuff.

risle-lariviere Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
risle-lariviere (33)

While i'm mostly an English blend smoker i have to say i was pleased with this Aro. A friend of mine gave me a sample to try and after i left his place i went directly to my tobacconist to buy a tin to decide what in this blend so attracted me. Well first of all i would like to say that i didn't had any tongue bite which in my opinion is an important detail when speaking Aro . Now to the point , i think it's the well balanced proportions of virginia that got me hooked on this one .While surely fruity it's not strong when smoked and a pleasure to smell from the tin. A very decent addition to my cellar which as i said is mainly English oriented.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A real cornucopia of flavors in this. Between the cavendish, flake, fruit, vanilla, rum and maple, surely there is something in there for you. The broken flake is a nice part of the mix. I dried it out for 45 minutes of a July 2009 tin. Still took a few matches to keep lit. Probably needs a few days of drying with the top off. But it was not a wet smoke, no gurgles, no goop. But curiously it left a lot of black ash residue. This one is a real cake maker. If you want a fast cake buildup this seems to be the fastest I've found.

ColtraneM3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColtraneM3 (3)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A very pleasing after dinner tobacco, it has a nice, dark fruity flavor (sort of like plums or something similar) that's very relaxing in the evening. The room note is similar -- a dark, fruity sort of scent that lingers in pockets of air. An all around good tobacco for those who like aromatics.

andreitoca Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
andreitoca (1)

I am from Romania, and i will write this rewiev in my mother language, because other romanian pipe smokers will read this. It's the right choise for a beginner, like myself. The room note is very pleasent.

Am citit despre acest tutun de pipa chiar aici, pe acest site, indrumat fiind de comentariile de pe forum pipabucuresti. Sunt incepator in fumatul de pipa, dar ma perfectionez pe zi ce trece. Ca orice incepator am inceput cu aromaticele, pentru ca sunt mai usoare si lasa un miros extrem de placut in locul unde fumezi. Connoisseur's Choice este un tutun placut, extrem de aromat, care se arde de la sine, daca fumezi pipa in mod linistit. Il recomand oricarui incepator, iar nu in ultimul rand si celor pasionati de tutunurile aromatice, desi contin unele arome mai mult sau mai putin naturale. Salutari din Bucuresti, Romania.

Grizzly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grizzly (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Have to say that my first pipeful of this was somewhat of a disappointment. Seemed to be a bit of a chemical taste going on somewhere. However now that the tin has been opened and air has got to the tobacco this chemical taste has disappeared and what you are left with is Christmas cake in a tin. Honestly you put your nose in and you just want to put a dollop of cream with it and have it for desert. The tobacco packs well, lights first time and burns all the way through to the bottom of the bowl with little or no effort. The sweetness is evident on the tongue and lots of nice creamy billowy smoke. Which you blow out through your nose and then walk into because you want to smell it. It is fantastic to smoke in company. In fact was at a conference the other day and nipped outside for a smoke during a break with cigarette smokers and they all comented on how nice this smelled. Even non smokers came outside to inhale the lovely aroma. As an aromatic I think I am going to find this one very hard to beat. In my book I cant see myself ever being without at least one tin of this in the cupboard maybe more.

Top stuff, light up and smile at the Latakia smokers.

Peterpiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peterpiper (4)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This Peterson mixture is a delight to the nose in the tin. I found it to be less vulgar and slightly milder mannered than Sunset Breeze (if a comparison is justified.)

In the bowl, it is a little harder to recommend. The gentle nature of this tobacco suggested by the aroma turns out to be rather more boisterous and ill tempered. Although it takes to the match well, and the upper decks are refreshing and autumnal in flavour, before reaching mid-ships I was battling with a very different beast. The word is HOT. My Doctor Plumbs ‘dinky' heated like a cauldron, even when sipped very gently.

This fierce heat was a feature throughout the bowl; to such an extent that I feared my briar might crack asunder.

The room note is delightful, and a sure fire hit with the ladies. Such a shame that the work involved in producing this pleasing note is scarcely worth the effort.

paulwfromtheden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulwfromtheden (14)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Yes, this is a good aromatic. The aroma, both when opening the tin and during the smoke are very satisfying. Inevitably, it is not the strongest tobacco in the world, but is certainly worth a try if you are into aromatic blends.

Sinister Topiary Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sinister Topiary (74)
Very Mild Very Strong Full Very Pleasant

I figured it was time to branch out, to get to know aromatics. I know it's usually the other way around, to go from aromatics to english; but, as in seemingly most things in my life, I tend to work backwards from the refined to the popular. But I was curious to know what aromatics were about, precisely since some of the more arrogant cognoscenti in this hobby seem to depreciate the nectar of the neophyte.

Once I determined what was available locally I picked a tin at random that seemed promising. I was still relatively new to the hobby so I didn't know the reputations yet. Peterson's looked quality enough. Connoisseur's Choice, good name. Why not?

When I lit up that first time I was very pleasantly surprised. I instantly understood why so many smokers begin with aromatics and stay there -- they're very flavorful and easy on the tastebuds. For those who prefer sugar to salt, it's a natural choice.

I still can't easily discriminate the flavors that comprise the final melange of this blend. The primary sensation for me is that I've just walked into an old-fashioned candy store -- and that's not a bad thing. I sometimes like cotton candy. Connoisseur's Choice is very sweet without somehow being cloying, which makes for a nice smoke. It doesn't have any of the subtlety or nuance I like in english and balkans, yet it does have some complexity (in a two-dimensional kind of way), with all those sweet flavors swimming around each other. If I concentrate on the flavors I can tease out cherry and vanilla and maybe some tropical-type fruits, but the whole is actually greater than the parts, which makes this a really fun, pleasant smoke. RCUSElder said this was "candy in a tin" and I agree. Plus it smells great!

Now that I've smoked more aromatics I can better detect some flaws in this one -- it does have a slight chemical taste in the background, and it can smoke very hot if you're not careful. It also leaves a powerful ghost, so you really ought to smoke it in a dedicated aromatic pipe. But the negatives don't detract too much -- it's still a really pleasant smoke.

It's fortunate for me that this was my first aromatic. It encouraged me to continue sampling them. Had my first experience with an aromatic been an inferior one (like Peterson's DeLuxe Mixture, the next one I tried) I probably would have waited a couple of years before venturing away again from my latakias & orientals.

So I'm grateful that Connoisseur's Choice turned out to be so enjoyable -- it was my gateway 'baccy to a pleasant genre.

PS Kilmarnock Piper said this has "too many notes", and I don't disagree. But I'm one of the few who like Reger!

07/20/13: To Kilmarnock Piper: Just saw your update to me, and it gave me a big smile. Using an unpopular, unfairly maligned, (yet surprisingly important) composer like Reger to find a way to appreciate a tobacco is really something... Isn't it amazing how we can employ classical music metaphors to arrive at a mutual understanding to describe such a vastly different sensory experience? I personally believe our aesthetic experiences have some kind of synaesthetic hardwiring to allow us to make such connections across senses. "Brahms on speed or angel dust" -- I like that. Reger strikes me as a Teutonic Neo-Baroque Late-Romantic Milhaud or Martinu, churning out lovely meandering melodies underlined by contrapuntal, very complex harmonies. He's definitely not everyone's cup of tea (or bowl of 'baccy), but I love his music, especially his opus 114 Piano Concerto -- my favorite piano concerto, btw -- which I find transcendently beautiful. And his response to that critic has long been one of my favorite anecdotes.

agentlemanfromindiana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
agentlemanfromindiana (18)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I just got my tin of this today, and am I pleased! This tobacco is excellent start to finish. It has a slight berry flavoring to it, with a good warm tobacco taste as well. I will definitely keep this tobacco in my rotation. I HIGHLY recommend this tobacco. I only experienced the bite when I smoked it in my corncob. When I smoked it in my Peterson it was smooth and polite.

**Updated review: over time I have found this tobacco to be a bit numbing to the palate. Though it is still good, it's not one of my absolute favorites.

UberDelegate86 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
UberDelegate86 (2)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Upon opening the tin, you are greeted with a delightful smell, a mix between that advertised tropical fruit and chocolate? Smelled like chocolate to me... maybe the rum, maple and vanilla flavour, when combined, smell like chocolate?

Anyway.... I wish the tobacco itself was as flavourful as it smelled. It wasn't a bad tobacco taste, it was just bland. The room note coming off of it was better than the smoke I was draw into my mouth. I find the same problem with University Flake... smells great, taste blah.

Of course, this was only after one bowl, a first impression if you will... I hope it will grow on me. Maybe after some aging and another bowl will be great!

It just seems, to me anyway, that Peterson blends and my palate don't mix. Maybe their blends are too subtle and nuanced for my untrained taste buds to notice. Maybe I am just expecting more umph! out of my tobacco (like Plumcake and Devil's Holiday).

robo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
robo (6)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the better aromatics I have smoked. There is a lot going on in this mixture. However, it smokes hot so take it easy and slow. Also let it dry out for a good half hour for better results.

The room note is wonderful but my wife still will not let me in the house when smoking. If you like aromatics try this one. For me I enjoy "choice" in the evening as my last pipe of the day.

Sonaris Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sonaris (10)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the first Peterson I tried and I wasn't disappointed. If I were to describe it in one word, the word would have to be 'yummy'. Smells great out of the tin and lingers consistently throughout the smoke. Its wonderful room note, makes most people turn heads. In fact, having been an avid smoker for years, I do carry quite a number of blends in my collection. But, each time I bring this on, people actually have approached me and complimented on the absolutely lovely room note. The spicy recipe of Tropical Fruits, Maple, Vanilla topped off by rum is well balanced, smooth and easy to smoke. Like with all aromatics, one needs to pace it to avoid any bites. And believe you me, you are well advised to do so because the taste is so good you would want to eat it too! Absolutely, no regrets in choosing this one and am looking forward in exploring other Petersen options too.

jwne Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jwne (9)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

I have to go along with others who agree this mixture is seriously lacking in taste and flavor. There just isn't enough of either. This should not be happening when you consider all that went into making this mixture. What little flat flavor there is, is immediately when the smoke leaves your mouth. You are left with no aftertaste. Something went horribly wrong with this puppy. Perhaps Peterson needs to recall this stuff and discontinue it? Two thumbs up for the aroma alone. Ten thumbs down on everything else.

Peter Zorg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peter Zorg (34)
Mild Very Strong Mild Pleasant

It is a one of its kind aromatic tobacco.

One day, while I was smoking it in the streets of a big city in Europe, young people smiled at me while smelling it (you see what I mean, dont't you ?).

I mean, I am sure it is far from being 100% tobacco(it is supposed to have fruit bits or whatever in it).

Otherwise, it is quite pleasant for lovers of aromatics based on virginias.

Tallman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tallman (35)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

I'm having a great time, as a new pipe smoker, trying different blends (until the better half said "Don't you have enough for a while?-I think the four pounds I bought -1 pound each of some blends I really like-may have had something to do with that).

This tobacco smells great in the tin, and smells good in the room. Not my everyday smoke, as my esteemed fellow puffer says, it's a little pricey for that...but a great one to have for a change now and then. I like it well enough that I bought three more tins to put away for later.

N7COF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
N7COF (56)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A good solid 3 star blend, good quality tobaccos, just a bit heavy on flavor my tastes.

Mountain Man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mountain Man (23)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I picked up a tin of this tobacco last night and was pleasantly surprised.This tobacco is absolutely wonderfull.If you like CAO/DAN tobaccos,then you will love Connoisseurs Choice.It burns a little on the warm side,but this is one tobacco that I will not keep around due to the cost.It is not available in bulk,and $12.00 for 50g. tins is something that Im not willing to pay and I had to come back and edit my review for that very reason.At the time when I first submitted my review,I was unaware of how expensive it would be to smoke this tobacco.Its good,but NOT THAT GOOD.I will stick to DAN tobaccos Sweet Vanilla Honeydew,and DaVinci.

Slow Draw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Slow Draw (26)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

The tin aroma is very tropical FRUITY. Almost smells like a fruit punch (spiked with rum). The vanilla is there but sits more in the background. The flavoring is quite heavy which IMHO is the downfall of this blend. It covers up that beautiful tobacco too much. I did find that drying the tobacco for about an hour helped bring the flavor down some, but for me, still too much! The best part of the bowl is that bottom 1/3 when the tobacco becomes more stout and can compete with the sauce! This blend is also prone to biting the tongue.

This tobacco is beautiful to look at. Chunks of flake can be found in the mix, which I love. No doubt that very quality tobacco was used to create this blend. The fruit flavor does stay through entire bowl. A good thing for an aromatic. Too many aromatics just burn off leaving you with a bowl of average leaf.

I do enjoy several aromatics, and I smoked two tins of this one. But I won't be buying anymore.

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Man oh man there's a lot of stuff going on here. Tropical fruit, Maple, Vanilla and Rum. Virginias, Golden, Reds and flakes. Black cavendish. Throw it all together and what have you got ? Connoisseur's Choice, or should it be called Connoisseur's Aromatic Choice. Either way this is really good stuff. With a little drying out time you will be greeted with a top notch sweet and tasty aromatic smoke with minimal bite. Even when puffed hard all you get is a mild and managable bite telling you to slow down a bit. Quality tobaccos, highly aromatic, very nice intermingling between the two, its all there.

4 stars for the aromatic fan and a must try for the adventurious naturalist.

z_evil_genius Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
z_evil_genius (6)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Yes, "candy" is the word here. It smells like a fair in the tin. That in itself is pleasant, although I was hesitant to smoke it because ultra-sweet tobaccos tend to make me feel ill. In any case, it was sweet on the tongue, in the air, etc. The wife thought it was a little strong, but not unpleasant. Others said it burned really hot. I found that in my meer it burned somewhat hot, but not to the point that I couldn't handle it. Overall, I thought it was an okay smoke and good for after dinner occassions. At least it was different. I'm rather sick of all the vanilla or cherry aromatics. I will keep some water on hand though to help keep that bite down.

Desperado Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Desperado (5)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

An unopened tin was given to me by Gioupy2000. After so many tries, he decided that he is not an aromatic smoker; now he has become a latakia connoisseur. But for me, this is one of the best aromatic tobaccos I've ever tried. I am a fun of Peterson pipes, and all these years I was trying to find the rewarding Peterson tobacco. Well, this is it! Smells really good in the tin, tastes wonderful in the bowl. Everyone around will adore you. Take it easy with the puffs and your tongue will be happy. IMO, it is perfect for early to late morning nicotene chases, preferably in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Original pipe, dedicated exclusively for this divine blend.

Cycling Smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cycling Smoker (3)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Vanilla and rum spice notes make for an extremely enjoyable aromatic. Enjoyed by smoker and smokers friends alike, it is a great smoke anytime of day, any season.

Dubinthedam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dubinthedam (133)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Just bought a tin today, I am a aro n peterson fan, and was pleasantly surprised, rum vanilla and tropical fruit...if i had a coctail of the same ingredients I don't think I would like the taste. Simillar to Sweet Killarney, but better, I get a taste of pinapple and oranges with a hint of vanilla and rum, smokes well in my WO Larsen sandblast straight billard where others have not. Nice summer smoke, nice that it is light on the vanilla, and rum is always a winner with tobacco. Great sticky chunks and strips of baccy in the tin, yep it bites!. Recommended as a nice change from other candy tobaccos, as always good quality from peterson. I look forward to posting more on this one, and I can't wait to smoke this with a cool, fruity, strong and sweet belgium beer ( la chouffe) on a café terrace on a warm summers day. Oh the dreams of a pipe smoker!

Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Since this is St. Patrick's Day, I thought it would be fun to start the morning with a Peterson's blend made by the late, lamented Murray's... Well, this was the only Pete blend I had in my cellar that had already been opened and stored in a Mason Jar.

It is sweet, but not too sweet.

It is fruity an a vanilla/blackberries sort of way.

It was a little wet and is so light in flavor that I had to concentrate on smoking slowly in order to avoid tongue bite.

It does not go well with coffee.

PipePaladin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipePaladin (78)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

As I have said before I am not an aromatic person! This one though is a very mellow blend with a good rum toping! If you like aromatics and dark leaf aromatic blends you will like this! Perfect for breaking in new pipes..

Archangel506 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Archangel506 (5)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of my favorite aromatics. After a little drying it pack and lights well. I have a pipe dedicated to this mixture. It produces a pleasing fruity taste,however it not overpowering. The room note is as well very pleasing. Fortunatly my local tobacco shop keep a good supply on hand. If you are new to pipe smoking this is a blend I highly recommend. I will interject that it to be smoked slowly as it can bite a bit if you puff too vigorously. I would give this blend 5 stars if it were possible.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very satisfying, spicy and aromatic mix of black Cavendish, gold and red Virginia.

The aromatic recipe of tropical fruits, vanilla and rum, make this tobacco, smooth and very pleasant, without loosing tobacco?s flavor.

Nice perfume in the room, it reminds me a lot of Poul Winslow No 1. As an alternative tobacco, is perfect.

The negative issue is that you cannot find it easily.

jeepmedic1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeepmedic1 (3)

This blend has an excellent room note, very pleasing and sweet due to the tropical overtones. Has a mild, nutty tobacco flavor very unlike the room note, becoming stronger towards the end of the bowl. I find that upon opening it smokes best in a gourd calabash or Lepeltier clay pipe, but about 2-3 weeks after untinning it smokes well in briar and meershaum. A good morning smoke, and very suitable after a light meal.

Ajr37 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ajr37 (6)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I don't normally go for the full aromatic but as I was looking to add one to my rotation, I thought i would give this a try.

The flavouring is REALLY strong from the tin and overpowering when testing the draw but on lighting ( three vestas a pipe at least) this is a really lovely smoke. The flavour is consistent throughout, the room note is good and pleasant. This is a definate MUST if you want a quality aromatic and are not sure where to start.

indyf1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
indyf1 (17)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

What a pleasant surprise this was! I came into my local tobacco shop (Cousins -- Avon, OH) looking for a new tin -- something a little sweet, but not too sweet. Josh recommended Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice, and, as usual, he was dead on. This blend is wonderful -- smooth, fruity, and tasty. The flavoring is there, but not overwhelming. Still a good tobacco taste, with an afternote of nectarine. Smokes long, and flavor is consistent top-to-bottom. Only drawback is that some tongue bite appears towards the end of the bowl. Overall, a superb change of pace.

While smoking this blend, I imagine I'm wearing a Hawai'ian shirt, sitting on the veranda of a Caribbean beach resort, in a white rattan chair, with a colorful-banded Panama hat on my head and a tropical drink on the table next to me. There is only the slightest of breeze, so when I puff this excellent tobacco, clouds of luxurious smoke waft slowly toward the bocce court to my right. The early afternoon surf is calm, and the heat of the day is yet to come. What a magnificent way to spend a lazy hour or so in the tropics . . . .

zarteus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zarteus (10)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Without a doubt one of my favourite aromatics, I would always keep a tin on rotation. OK, it can smoke hot but you can take that as a chance to perfect your technique, like yoga. The room note could bring smiles to an entire WI meeting at your local village hall. I found it to be a very coherent and consistent smoke, no surprises between the smell of the casing and smoking the bowl at the start or end points. The casing is rich, deep and subtle at the same time, without any particular note dominating, and certainly no soapyness or candy shop qualities. If I was moving to a desert island I think this would come with me.

Sasquatch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sasquatch (65)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I will admit to keeping a tin of this on hand. I think it's a very good quality tobacco (all Peterson's stuff is), but it certainly won't be for everyone. I suspect Peterson's intent here is to make an uber-tobak, something for everyone. It has a decent tobacco flavour and nice spicey undercurrent to keep the "real" pipe smoker happy, but it's topped generously with what I have taken to be both cherry and vanilla (hey, if they're popular on their own, let's use both!) which does indeed leave an almost floral effect. This taste is noticeable in the smoke as well - this is absolutely an aromatic tobacco.

Leaf quality is good, with a nice dose of brown broken flake in there. Just a tad wet in the tin - 20 minutes of drying does the trick. This one can burn a bit hot, but it doesn't have to. Taken slowly for what it is, a rather enjoyable break from heavy blends, and one you can smoke in public without making people hate you.

OleFattGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OleFattGuy (27)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Mild Tolerable to Strong

I went on a shopping spree to Copenhagen, and somehow this tin wound up in my basket. When I came home I was surprised to find it there, some leprechauns must have been pulling my leg. I opened it up and was overwhelmed by a smell that resembled those little flowerbaskets my mother-in-law has in her bathroom. Hesitantly I stuffed my Meerschaum (hoping it would suffer least harm)with it and lit up. The first sip was like the smell from the tin. I persevered. Through the gushes of nausea I started to feel I could notice Va in there, but the soapy lather of a smoke that covered it finally became unbearable.

Sorry Peterson. If this is 'floral' then I don't want floral. Come to think of it, no matter what you call this, I don't want it.

aniboker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aniboker (2)
Very Mild Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

Everything about this "tobacco" has candy written all over it. It even looks like a tin of assorted gelatinous sweets and the aroma (so sweet that I feared the arrival of ants in my room) was simply overpowering. I thought for a moment that perhaps I had purchased a container of fresh pot-pourri by mistake.

As for the actual smoke, let's just say that it's improving with dryness. I left it out overnight and it no longer tastes like I'm smoking jelly beans. Even so, I prefer a stronger tobacco taste to my pipes and this one is simply no providing it. I give it one star: a necessary merit on the grounds that it provides me with a combustible substance to inhale.

Valerio320 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Valerio320 (12)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

The right adjective for this tobacco is "delightful". It could be one of the best aromatics I ever smoked for its delicate and fruity taste; the sweet vanilla notes in the undertone and the touch of rum to blend all together... But if not smoked very slowly and carefully it loses all of the above very soon to become just an average tongue biting tobacco. That's a pity, because the first puffs are really wonderful.

ollievon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ollievon (8)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This blend is rather nice. I have to agree with the other reviewers that this smells almost exactly like Killarney, even looks the same.

Peterson's tobaccos must be smoked slowly otherwise you will get a strong bite on the tongue. The tobacco is rather moist so it is best to clean your pipe after a smoke due to the amount of residue left over. I switched to smoking a Kirsten Pipe and could not believe the amount of moisture this tobacco holds. I do not work for Kirsten, but if you want the right pipe to smoke with this type of tobacco I would consider getting one if I were readings this.

The tobacco is ok, not incredible. When I first started smoking Petersons I thought it was the pinnacle of aromatics. I have since moved on to Benjamin Hartwell Evening Stroll for a good tobacco.

This is worth buying, but make sure you smoke it slow or your tongue will pay the price.

Irish Newbie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Irish Newbie (12)
Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Although I am new to pipe smoking I have tried a number of Peterson tobaccos and have yet to find one I like. It smelled delicious from the tin but was a highly disaponting smoke. Just boring, not unpleasant but jsut boring. Maybe this one needs to be let dry out completely before smoking it. Not for me. I might try it again but to be honest I am not sure I shall.

meerschaumman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meerschaumman (2)
Very Mild Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is my first review so bear with me please. I have to smoke aromatics on more than one occassion, and generally find them pleasant. The same could be said for Connoisseur's choice. The Vanilla and Rum hit you when you first open the tin, for those around you it's a very pleasant experience. Though I have noticed that the taste gets slightly bitter towards the end of the pipe, it does not disappoint in the manner of Sweet Kilarney. I have experienced less bite from this blend when somked out of a meer, and it certainly does not bite as bad as the W.O. Larsen blends. Room note is pleasant, and though I will not make it a favorite due to the small bite, I will smoke this on occassion

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

RCUSElder is spot on as his experience with Connoisseur's Choice was identical to mine. It does indeed look just like Sweet Killarney, that also burns hot and both of these blends bite with the fervor of a rabbid ferret.

Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

11-02-04 The quest continues!

Appearance and Tina aroma: This looks just like the leaf in sweet kilarney, I even opened them next to each other and could not notice a diference apart from the tin aroma. There is the same black and yellow with pieces of VA flake interspersed. The tin aroma is delicious! Candy in a tin.

Packing and lighting: i found it best to rubout the flake pieces otherwise they can clog airflow (yep, it happened to me). Lights up fairly easy for an aromatic.

Initial Flavor: sweet, the leaf is very muted. The casings seem to mix well together. Seems to burn a little hot right off he bat.

Mid-Bowl: This blend is losing me! It just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Tried to slow puff like a flake, but then it loses the leaf flavor too easily.

Bottom of Bowl: What started so-so, is now blegh-blegh. This blend just can seem to get in the zone. It either burns too hot or there is no flavor, but at the bottom of the bowl, things turn bitter. Suprisingly, there is very little dottle when you are done.

Overall: This blend does have a fab room note, but it fails IMO in the flavor on the tongue dept. I could not get this to burn cool and still have a decent flavor. I tried in a various pipes, even in a meer, but i can't get it to work. I suppose, maybe I am not a "connoisseur". Last warning: This is a hot, hot hot, blend. It will burn your tongue. I much prefer their Luxury Blend over this one.

Rating: 2 out of 5 points, make sure you have Ice Cubes for your tongue, LOL!