Dark, sweet Virginia, sweetened with maple and rum

Notes: No longer produced

Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

3.7
smoking-rob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoking-rob (70)

Ah, Dunbar, the very first tin of baccie I bought together with my very first pipe when I was only seventeen. God, I loved it, rubbed out flakes sweetened with rum and maple, very easy to smoke! Alas, it is no more... :(

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I don't believe I can add much to the above reviewer's fine descriptives of this old classic. I was fortunate to win a tin on ebay not long ago and the contents were consumed very quickly. If this tobacco were still in production, I would be a regular customer.

Mellow, smooth, no bite, tobaccoey sweet and even a nice little tingle of nicotine!

Whoever Mac Greenock was (is?), he hit a home run with this Virginia blend.

Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I found some of this great Danish stuff on the web. It went off the market in the early 80'ties. My tin tin was 30 years old.

The cut and colour is very similar to Royal Yacht, but of course it's not even half as strong. I'd say that this one is between Golden Sliced and Capstan Medium.

The tin says "Sweetened with rum and honey", but I couldn't detect any of those ingredients. Dunbar smells faintly of apple pie with cinnamon. You can puff as hard as you want on this one; it'll never bite. It's sweet in a natural way, enough nic to keep me satisfied and the burn qualities are extremely good. It's a rustic blend.

Love it!