Brobergs Burley Special Blend Ready Rubbed is a classic, pure burley blend, mild-medium to its strength, fine body and with a slightly spicy character and touches of sweetness. Coarse for a cool and even burn in the pipe.

BrandBrobergs Tobakshandel AB
Taste
Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28472)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This one is possible to smoke for even an uninterested novice and still it gives a cool smoke and that salty feeling at the tounge.Stinks of cocoa in tin.My best choise for breaking in a new pipe or as a good everydaysmoke.Reminds me of the old trademark Sanden and its Burleyflagship "Diplomat"wich I consumed loads of in the 60´s and 70´s.Here it is more of smoking than enjoying exotic aromas ans bouqets otherwise I had given it a 4 star rating.

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28472)

The coolest smoking tobacco I have ever smoked. At first I thought that it was the pipe, since I smoked it in a newly acquired pipe (stanwell), but I then smoked it in a Charatan, Davidoff, Savinelli and even a Yello bowl from the 1920's. The tobacco smoked very cool in all of them.

I tried it on a whim, since I normally smoke Virginias and English blends, but if it continues to smoke so well then I will probably add it to my regulars.

Tucane Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tucane (28)

This was one of the first blends I smoked as a beginner pipe smoker. Tin smell was very sweet... so i thought it would give a similiar smoking experience. But it was quite different, more on the dry, cool smoke side, burley forward obviously, with good behavior.

All in all an easy smoke, so why not, recommended!

Doctor Max Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Doctor Max (23)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

Tin description is very accurate on this one. This is a nutty, surprisingly spicy and dry burley. Surprising certainly with regards to the tin scent, which is very sweet and overpowering, bordering on artificial cocoa and figs. Also the room note is a bit incongruous, woody, spicy and smoky; not always appreciated. This is the main weakness of this tobacco: it just doesn't quite come together. The second being the far from reasonable price, which is, as you know, not the fault of the seller... On to the good points, this is probably one of the coolest burning tobaccos ever, and delivers a really quite pleasant smoke with almost cigarry overtones. Probably ideal for breaking in briars. If not for the price and availability issues, I would probably rate this higher. I know that this is a favourite of many pipe smokers, so if you like burleys and get a chance to pick up some of this you should give it a go.