The remarkable Dane with the pleasant cherry aroma. A blend of bulk cured Black Cavendish, fine Burley Tobaccos and Golden Virginia grades. Deliciously flavored with a combination of black and wild Cherry aromas - a unique combination created from one of our very old recipes.

BrandAlsbo
Manufactured BySt-Group Assens
FlavoringCherry
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Medium
1.5
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

You have to smoke it slowly, being a shag cut. The cherry taste at times was decent, and other times very chemical-like. I got a hint of vanilla every once in a while. I wanted to like it more, but it just didn't do anything for me, mainly because the chemical taste got in the way too often.

DEN-C1956 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DEN-C1956 (24)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

well i thought i would give this a try,i bought a 50g pouch,i didnt like the packaging very much but i guess its whats inside that counts, i opened the pouch and was hit by a very nice aroma,i thought to my self 'this is going to be a nice smoke' however i was not to happy mainly due to the tongue bit,even at a steady smoking pace its quite nasty, and leaves that sand-paper feeling on the roof of your mouth,i think i will ge glad when i have finished this tobacco,of course it may well suit some smokers but not for me.but im pleased in as much that i tried it.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Alsbo Cherry . The unlit aroma with this one has really only a very delicate touch of Cherries to it which is not as zealous as some Aromatics and requires a little effort to notice it . The moisture level is good , it is neither too dry nor damp . Lighting is fairly effortless , catching the flame on the first attempt . The smoke , unlike the unlit aroma , has quite a wallop of Cherry to it , which is (as others state) very Chemical and false , sadly it is far too indomitable and weighs out the Tobacco flavour at first but it does subside a little as the bowl goes on and then it becomes quite pleasant. I find I get quite a lot of Tongue Bite with this one , unless I am ridiculously easy on it . On the plus side the Nicotine level is pretty decent for me as its about Dunhill Nightcap level . I prefer a Cherry aromatic such as Sam Gawith Black Cherry as it is more natural tasting and it doesn't bite !

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin

Purchased From: Smoke King

Similar Blends: Century Black Cherry.

JackinJapan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JackinJapan (12)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

The first tobacco I smoked was Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish and I decided to try this on a whim to compare. Very Cherry pouch aroma, seemed quite moist. Although it doesn't have as much of a tongue bite as the Borkum Riff, the cherry flavor seemed stronger and more artificial or chemical to me. I only smoke the Borkum Riff now very very very occasionally out of nostalgia more than anything else and I don't anticipate buying another packet of the Alsbo Cherry.

Since I was not very taken with this tobacco, rather than just letting it sit and dry out (like any Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish I buy seems to end up doing) I will probably end up giving this and a corncob pipe as a gift to my brother in law who only smokes very occaisionally.

------------------------

Bottom Line: Very Cherry, Very Sweet, slightly chemical hint to the taste, nice room note, less tongue bite than other cherries I have tried but still there, more economical in price. Meh.

DrY11 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrY11 (39)
Very Mild Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable to Strong

Yikes!!! I almost quit pipe smoking due to this. The room note is strong - and sweet to top it all off. It almost makes you dizzy. In almost all other respects this is a flat concoction that is not enjoyable. Not for me. The only redeeming qualities are that it does not burn hot (probably just a matter of reflexively not drawing too agressively) and that it does not have a marked tongue bite. Reminiscent of Captain Black but with a strong and sickeningly sweet room note.

giturra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
giturra (31)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Uff, I don't know why, but I keep my endless search for a good cherry tobacco, never found a really good one....this one is not bad, but the flavor is quite strong and artificial (not disgusting, but still artificial)and even if it's a bit better than stuff like Mc Baren's cherry ambrosia or captain Black cherry, that's not such a great endorsement either... then again, I will finish it, but won't buy anymore, still worth trying out for the hardcore aromatic smoker

OleFattGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OleFattGuy (27)
Mild Strong Very Mild Tolerable to Strong

I bought this on a whim when I felt a need to burn some cash in the pipe store. I don't know what possessed me to point to the Cherry and order an ounce of it. It has an extremely artificial cherry flavoring that is unbearable on its own, and so strong that it cannot be hidden in any other tobacco. It might be interesting to mix 50/50 with pure Latakia and get one of those concoctions that sometimes work surprisingly well (I remember a Kirsch/Whisky-schnapps in East B erlin back in 1982 that I still can long for at times), but I don't wanna ruin the Latakia. Bleh.

Steerpike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steerpike (60)
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Another super mild Danish aromatic, to my tastes rather more interesting than Alsbo Black, as you at least get a little flavour from the casings. In my opinion if a tobacco has to be cased, you might as well taste what it is cased with, rather than just getting complemented by strangers.

It packs and lights with ease, despite being a little on the moist side, and the first flavour is a sweet blast of the cherry flavours. The first few times I smoked this, the cherry flavour vanished almost immediately, leaving nothing but mild cavendish taste, and not much of that. Now Ive had about ten fills of it in my Peterson Emerald, the flavour has built up in the pipe, and the cherry taste drifts along calmly in the background.

It leaves a wad of moist dottle, but I only need one relight to keep it burning evenly up to this. It doesnt bite, but may get rather warm if puffed too enthusiastically, and never seems to drip, as some aromatics do. The room note will impress anybody who does not have a fear of cherries, and it smells super sweet in the pouch too.

I enjoy it if I'm in the mood, but gererally its far too mild for my tastes, and I sit there wondering why I didnt just have a blast of St Bruno...

Mel1721L Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mel1721L (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is my first cherry tobacco. I have not been smoking a pipe very long, so some of my observations my be down to inexperience. I found the cherry flavour quite indistinct and short lived, to be followed by a somewhat bitter taste. Some tongue bite but not too bad. more pronounced in my briar pipe than my corncob pipe but that is more likely my poor technique. I doubt I would buy this again, though I may try a different cherry brand.

Javierchu_cai Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Javierchu_cai (6)
Very Mild Very Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

Artificial flavor, bites and burns very hot with high humidity. Very bland, has in its favor as it has very good room note.

ROMMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ROMMER (17)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If your after a mild but sweet tasting baccy then this may be it. The taste is quite immediate and the burn quite slow. Does not bite the tounge and leaves no nasty after taste. Howecer the poor quality of the leaf makes for a single dimensional smoke and I really grew out of this one after only a couple of smokes.

joseph Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joseph (46)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Nice tobacco to have around on a very hot summer night, when you're in the company of non smokers. Certainly not a bad one.