An all time favorite. We make this blend with only the choicest Burleys, Golden Cavendishes and Virginias available. The captivating aroma and taste is exclusive to us.

ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
PackagingBulk / 1.5oz pouch

Visit company website

Strength
Taste
2.5
Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I know what you non-aromatic folks are thinking, and you would be right - it ain't your cup of tea.

For you aromatic fanciers who enjoy the taste of Vanilla and Burley, this is going to be your manna from heaven. Despite the heavy casing, it burns rather cool and even has somewhat of a tobacco taste. It will leave a wet heel and one should certainly smoke this blend in a pipe dedicated to aromatics.

Appalachian Chef Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Appalachian Chef (20)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

Good solid vanilla blend, but nothing surprising. A good basic blend with a little spiciness. Not sweet, just a good solid smoke! I enjoyed it, but will not put it in my regular rotation.

Pipe Used: Falcon Hunter

Age When Smoked: 1 month

ho dirty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ho dirty (10)

Fell in love from the first bowl. Very mellow. Keeps well lit. No bite, and burns cool.

boogs318 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
boogs318 (1)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Mild, smooth, no tongue burn and burned very cool, bowl did not overheat. would recommend, pretty good for a couple cuts above drug store blend.

nemrod Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
nemrod (2)
Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This was one of the first aromatics I bought, almost a year ago, and I have only smoked it once or twice in all that time. The reason for that is that I bought a different aromatic at the same time that smelled good and smoked okay and when I opened this pouch after having smoked that... well, it was just overpowering, really. I could hardly stand the strong smell. It smells kind of like vanilla but is simply too strong and artificial.

After having smoked up all of my favourite aromatic the other day I decided to give this one another go, and boy was I surprised. The smell from the glass jar I've kept it in was as strong as ever but this time I took a bit more care in packing and smoking, being much more experienced than back then, and it smoked completely different to how I remembered. It has basically no tobacco taste. At all. I also managed to very easily find the quite pleasant, but still kind of artificial-tasting, vanilla flavor.

It didn't bite me in the slightest and was overall an incredibly pleasant smoke, didn't get too hot at all whether I drew strongly or puffed slowly. Probably the gentlest smoke I've ever had.

Conclusion: pack this very lightly and you'll get to enjoy a very easy to smoke bowl of bland, tasteless smoke (as far as tobacco goes) with an easy to find vanilla taste. It's definitely not for the experienced pipers that prefer stronger blends, but I can definitely see this being popular with a beginner smoker that enjoys the smoking but hasn't gotten used to the real tobacco taste yet. I will probably revisit this every now and then when I'm looking for a very light smoke, but I don't see this as something anyone would really buy more of.

mwins123 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mwins123 (4)

This has a sweet vanilla taste. I opened the pouch and the vanilla smell was strong. Almost a little candy smelling. But the taste was pleasant and mild. A nice vanilla flavor, not as strong as i expected. Not the best tobacco in the world, started burning a little slow, but once it got going, quite pleasant and enjoyable for the price. I will try some other flavors as they seem to have many.

pandabearzx2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pandabearzx2 (18)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Didn't get the vanilla too much until my second bowl. After that, its been smooth sailing. Burley is there and can be tasted. Vanilla is also there, not too strong but not weak by any means. I am not writting this as an aromatic afficianato, as I usually smoke english. I have been looking for a go-to aromatic and although I don't think I have found it yet, this is a nice vanilla...

jshrader13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jshrader13 (16)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

To be fair, I am a novice and this was one of the first aromatics I tried. The taste could be described as vanilla, but you have to search for it on your palate. The room note seemed a bit stronger (in a bad way) than I'd like, and my wife (a cigarette smoker) definitely did not like the smell compared with others I've tried. I'm still trying different blends and different tobaccos in order to find my particular taste in what I like, but I don't think I'll keep this one around much beyond my first pouch. It just wasn't really for me.

Society of the Briar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Society of the Briar (13)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

If you can get your hands on it, Altadis' "Spicy Vanilla" is a better buy. With this one, it isn't bad at all, but again there are better and for only a couple bucks more. What I don't like about many Altadis tobaccos is the ammonia-like smell from a burning bowl, not noticeable in the mouth, but if you sniff the burning tobac from the bowl you'll probably notice this too. I've mixed some of this vanilla blend with a particular VA that I didn't like and was pleasantly surprised. Overall an ok vanilla, but I'd recommend the Spicy Vanilla instead.

Magsk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Magsk (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

My first review in the Tobacco Galleria line (Wild Cherry, Montego Bay,Blue Note, Midnight Smoke, and this one, Classic Vanilla). This follows from my first visit to an expo where Altadis graciously provided many samples for our enjoyment.

And enjoy this Classic Vanilla pouch I did. The aroma was the first happy experience from a pouched tobacco I have found in my exploration of tobacco. It was a clean vanilla smell unlike so many that leaves you guessing as to what the casing really is. That led to the taste which was consistent through the smoking. No bite, no gurgle and, to this who has not mastered the art of one light for the whole bowl, fewer re-lights.

This one may become my "vanilla" when I hanker after a good aromatic.

rhapsodyofmetal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rhapsodyofmetal (42)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This blend is my first Altadis blend. I am a big aromatic fan and I am an even bigger vanilla fan. I am so-so on this blend. The room note is amazing but the taste is very fake. It has a great 1/3rd bowl but upon the mid-bowl it tastes like ash and plastic. Not a favorite but something to smoke without much thought.

constantsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
constantsmoker (63)

This is a so-so vanilla-flavored burley. Nothing special or worth a lot of analysis. If you like it, smoke it; but there are some better vanilla-laced blends available.

A pleasant, simple, aromatic. Pack it loosely, and puff it slowly to nurse the casing along. You will not taste the tobacco much, if at all. For some, this is a blessing, for others a curse. The end of the bowl is rarely pleasant for me with this one, and this will keep me from giving it a higher recommendation. It isn't bad, but it is very plain, and ultimately, I found it boring...

Hemlock Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hemlock (57)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I have this in my collection as an Abenaki blend, got two ounces as a sampler. I have researched the source and can confirm that this is a bulk Altadis blend named "Pipe Dream" by Abenaki, that is pleasantly sweet, has a lovely room note and burns well. A little light as a blend, and doesn't give the same satisfaction has, say, vanilla cream by MacBaren. But enjoyuable nonetheless with no gurgle, and burns quite dry, as it is not heavily cased. A decidedly sweet flavour persists throughout the smoke without becoming sickly or changing much. Viriginia is subtle but does come through enough to keep the flavour a little woody.

I will keep this affordable and pleasant smoke around. Definitely a recommended blend to the casual aromatic smoker-- probably available throughout the continent with many tobacconists calling it a house blend.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Altadis Classic Vanilla is just what is says it is. It makes no lofty claims, just a Burley mixture that has a vanilla topping.

Classic Vanilla smokes cool, I tried to see if I could get it to the danger zone, but it just wouldn?t go. Note though, the vanilla flavoring takes on a sharp taste if you puff too fast. At moderate speeds, there is a bit of an aftertaste. Puffed slowly, the topping behaves and is not as sickly-sweet as some I have had.

The topping does succeed in covering any true tobacco flavor, but I feel that I could smoke this from time to time. OK, so aromatics aren?t my favorite thing. I confess. But every now and again, I am in the mood for an aromatic. This could fill the craving.