A light toasty aroma emanates from this blend of Bright Virginia, Oriental, Smyrna and Toasted Cavendish. Extremely smooth

BrandClan Shaw
Blended ByTobacco Direct
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Oriental/Turkish, Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Yorkshire is a tobacco that I think (due to the cut), could also be used as a RYO tobacco. It burned fast and quite cool with plenty of strength and taste. No, there is not any Latakia in this tobacco and the overall taste presentation did indeed remind me of cigarettes.

I seldom see this tobacco and wonder if it is still being produced?

Inquisitor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Inquisitor (155)

(NOTE: I notice that the other reviewer of Yorkshire detected Latakia in hefty doses. This is confusing, since Yorkshire doesn't contain any.)

In my quest for good non-Latakia Oriental blends, I picked up Yorkshire from Tobacco Direct (the blender of all Clan Shaw blends, and the only seller of them, as far as I can tell).

At the match, the Turkish shows itself with a cigarette-like flavor. This is NOT a good thing for me, but this faded into the background after a few puffs as the Virginias took center stage. The Virginias began with a McClelland-like flavor and light/medium strength, but gradually increased to a heavier style and medium/full nicotine. I could not detect any toppings or sweeteners here, so the cavendish must be straight, or nearly so. Other than the gain in strength, this blend smokes without significant flavor variation. Quite satisfying, I like to keep a few ounces of this on hand. Works especially well when you can't pay attention to the smoke, as it is bite-less and easy going, with enough strength to keep it interesting.