Unique blend of medium and red Virginias with a touch of Turkish, Black Cavendish, and Perique. Delicate and smooth, with an underlying
complexity that changes throughout the bowl.

BrandJack's Tobacco
2.3
Irish Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Irish (5)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Most of the tobaccos that I smoked were true English blends. Recently I have tried several McClelland blends and found Virginia blends very satisfying. At the Milwaukee Pipe Show I tried a pouch of Jack's Virginia 1010. I found the blend to be exceptional in taste, room aroma, and body. No bite at all. Tobacco burns evenly. Enjoyed the tobacco right down to the bottom of the bowl. Highly recommend the tobacco.

USA_Traveller Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
USA_Traveller (7)

If you like English blends but experiment with the occasional Virginia, this would be one to try. Mostly a Virginia, the addition of a small amount of Perique, Latakia and Cavendish gives this tobacco some depth. Neither the Perique nor the Latakia is overpowering, and the Cavendish does not bite. The Virginias can really shine through. I recommend this to those who like mild English blends, especially those who like blends with more Virgina in them.

DUPE.629 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Virginia 1010. April 2004. Well,I'm just not sure about this blend.Lighting it at first did not impress me.I think I was expecting more virginia perhaps,with a name like Virginia 1010,perhaps.Nearing the middle of the bowl,I found it more enjoyable with the virginia begining to kick in. I constantly kept detecting a taste with this, that reminded me of a cough mixture in my childhood.Like a mild 'anise' taste in the background.Its by no means a bad tobacco,but definitely not for my taste buds. I'm sure,many will love it.But not me!