Slow burning and flavorful. Made of rich cube cut Kentucky burley and a light dash of Syrian latakia. Smooth and definitely mild.

BrandSmoker's Haven
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

I got such bad tongue bite from this (and I don't get that from too many tobaccos) that I couldn't go back to it after smoking a couple of bowls. From the description, I hoped it would be like C&D's Canal Boat (Constipated Cockroach!), but nah, wasn't happening. I have a lot left, sitting in the garage, and will smoke some more if I dare, otherwise there it will remain as a special reserve for the end times, or something. The flavor was not at all bad, and as I understand it, tongue bite can be a highly personal reaction sometimes. In retrospect, I should maybe have been wary of a blend described as "mild and mellow..."

I will revise my opinion if I can get up the courage to try another bowl. As I said, the flavor was pretty good, so if it doesn't bite you, go for it!

6-14-11 I jarred this up when I realized any blend with Syrian Latakia is kinda rare these days! I'll give it another try sometime.

poppy43 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
poppy43 (11)
Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

I started smoking this in 1968, smoked it for several years, then smoked it on and off ( the off time was on cigarettes), got rid of the cigs about 6 years ago and got back on Mild and Mellow about a year ago. Altho I have a couple Peter stokkeby blends I smoke in the morning and evening, Mild and Mellow is my all day smoke. This tobacco is mild and it is mellow. A great tobacco and my wife loves the room note. Highly recommended.

Update: I have been informed by Smokers Haven owner that this blend is no longer available, the company that blended it for them is no longer in business. He is, however, trying to get another company to blend it, we'll see how that works out. Now I know how people feel when their favorite blends are discontinued, like the Dunhills, ect.